The Killzone

Here aspiring creators can lay down some basic ideas of what they are going to do before submitting a finalized form for the viewing public. A good place to get some help from your fellows.
Vinnam
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

The Killzone

Post by Vinnam » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:37 pm

Coming soon to a RP subforum near you, from the devilish minds of Vinnam and Bushkiller20....
The Killzone
Details will be provided concerning our post-apocalyptic vision over a period of time, with more fleshing out as soon as Bushy boy comes back from his trip.
Trainer: Brendan Creed
ImageImageImage
Lineup: Noir & Batista

VZBushkiller20
The Kan Codifier

Re: The Killzone

Post by VZBushkiller20 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:56 am

lol, ok, I suppose we could do the killzone first. Still have about a month and a half left though, so we have some time left. Anyone up for some zombie killing?

Image Image ImageImageImage

Lawrence-Ember-Mirage-Skywings-Jasmine

Kaome Sky Deathand
Assessor of the Black Tontine

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:06 am

I keep the blades sharp for just such an event...
Cruor Vult

Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion,
simultaneously the source of our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness.

Soon we shall be One...joined in the Word.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:27 am

Reminds me of Kao and my Zombie thing we have yet to finish one day. I was the plumber, he the barkeep. Ahh... Good times. Sure I'd be down for it.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Black_Heart
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Black_Heart » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:49 am

Certainly, though it'd be my first foray into such a genre.
Image Image Image Image

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:19 am

I'm up for this. rawr!
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

iblablaman
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by iblablaman » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:42 pm

I could join
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageYes, an egg, just because I can

Scarlet
Global Moderator

Post by Scarlet » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:00 am

Anxious as always about RPing, but I'll probably end up joining, anyhow.

vesuvan
Revenent of the Replies

Post by vesuvan » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:02 am

This rp won't fail like all the others because this one is special. So consider me in.
͎̟͕͎̯̺͎̟͕͎̯̺ĩ̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠
̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:29 am

Hrm... assuming this is similar to the post apocalyptic RP that Vin's been talking about, sign me up.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Vinnam

Post by Vinnam » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:07 pm

*Static*...Can't hold out mu...*Static*...eds are breakin' through, we ne...*Hiss*...yone can hear this, head No...*Long silence*...*Burst of Static*...d have mercy on our souls...*Crash, final silence*
ImageImageImage

Vinnam

Post by Vinnam » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:41 pm

Observational Data
Subject: Specimen A-15, “Crawler”
Date: 05/08/16
Overview:
Subject was submitted to various intelligence tests today. All attempts to gain the cooperation of the subject in the matter were met with failure. A-15 is now believed to be a creature of instinct, without much in the way of intelligence. Self-preservation instincts seem to be absent as well, at least where physical damage is concerned.

Have isolated A-15 from others of the group. Subject has displayed a peculiar lethargy while separated, which is unusual for A-15. When subject was reunited with members of group for a trial period, motile activity increased by roughly 45%, compared to a comparable drop in activity when with group. Dr. Scheiss speculates a form of “Flock Mind” may be at work in the matter, but I remain skeptical.

Despite lethargy when separated from flock, A-15 still shows extreme aggression towards human subjects. Attempts to discover the root of this aggression have all been met with failure, though numerous tests were conducted with animal test subjects. In all cases but one, animal subjects were in large part ignored by A-15.

The exception was Animal Subject 3E-A, a Male Chimpanzee. A reaction similar to the subject’s previous reactions to humans was achieved when 3E-A was inserted into A-15’s environment, though the effect was much more subdued than usual (about 60% strength, in comparison to a full human reaction). Further testing garnered no further reactions except when humanoid subjects were inserted into the habitat, leading us to believe that the rage present in A-15 is almost exclusively reserved for human subjects. A most disturbing find.
ImageImageImage

Vinnam

Post by Vinnam » Mon May 18, 2009 10:24 pm

Observational Data
Subject: Specimen C-7, "Howler"
Date: 06/05/16
Overview:
C-7 is an oddity among oddities. When first captured, C-7 displayed no differences from the others that were brought in with her. Our first hint that something was different was C-7s attempts at vocalizations.

A "normal" specimen makes generalized vocalizations, ranging from groans to occasional grunts, though usually these are guttural and not uttered unless food is scented nearby. However, C-7 has been observed making vocalizations without any clear provocation. Further testing has proved that C-7 seems to be smarter than the average specimen, though that is not saying much. Rudimentary color matching seems to be the limit of C-7s intelligence.

But I digress. C-7's "voice", as it were, has a marked lack of deterioration, astonishing considering the rate at which most specimens decompose. If anything, Subject has shown an exponential improvement in vocalization capabilities. This is a disturbing development, as sequential testing has confirmed that the subject's "voice" is growing in strength and may soon be able to inflict neurological damage on humans. Things are looking grim.
ImageImageImage

Vinnam

Post by Vinnam » Mon May 25, 2009 12:56 am

Observational Data
Subject: Speciment F-3, "Hunter"
Date: 06/23/16
Overview:
Our understanding of the threat these creatures pose humanity's survival is becoming more and more emphasized with each unique speciment we bring in. So far, most of the specimens we have captured along the border of the "Killzone" have been those we have named "Crawlers", with reports of occasional "Howler" class specimens terminated before they can cause injuries to our search parties. However, our search parties did encounter and capture one interesting specimen.

In general appearance, F-3 looks the same as any other member of the "Crawler" class. However, testing of F-3's general mannerisms seems to point towards a deadly conclusion: the damnable things are learning.

Over a period of six days, F-3 was subjected to the routine gamut of intelligence tests, along with animal aggresion testing. At first, we could not confirm the "wicked cunning" and "quiet killing" nature of F-3, as it reacted to the testing as any other "Crawler" would, with a blank stare and no interest. However, on the third day, F-3 began exhibiting "Howler" levels of intelligence as it began responding to our intelligence tests. In a slightly disconcerting turn, F-3 also stopped making vocalizations of any kind on the third day, groaning or otherwise. This in and of itself marked the subject as anything but an ordinary specimen, and we redoubled our efforts.

Following the events of the Third day, we isolated F-3 from the rest of our specimens in an effort to study it further. On the fourth day we were scheduled to test F-3, reviewing of last nights security tapes showed that F-3 had explored every corner of its habitat at least twice. Further alarming us, it appeared that F-3 had taken notice of the security camera, staring directly into its lens for a full 2 minutes and 13 seconds. Questioning of the guard on duty at the time revealed that the guard had in fact been staring at the subject during that window of time, apparently drawn to it by the constant motion the subject seemed to be exhibiting. Testing proceeded as usual despite this incident, though F-3 did not show more signs of intelligence that day.

The fifth day of testing arrived and we were met with a disturbing sight: the camera in F-3's room had been disabled. Viewing of the camera's tapes showed that the subject disappeared from view for 30 seconds from 12:15:20 to 12:15:50, following which the camera was somehow disabled. Prior to F-3's disappearance from the monitor, the subject had again been moving, though its movements had become like nothing we'd ever seen, almost human-like in range of motion. Testing was postponed on the fifth day while we repaired the camera and placed F-3 in a temporary enclosure.

The sixth day was the day we terminated F-3. The subject had become... Reclusive, to say the least. That, combined with its ever-growing intelligence and its lack of a voice have confirmed our worst fears: the species is evolving. All field teams have been instructed to exterminate or bring in those specimens exhibiting signs of higher intelligence. I pray to God we can hold out.
ImageImageImage

Vinnam

Post by Vinnam » Tue May 26, 2009 11:37 am

Pending discussion with Bushkiller20, The Killzone may be instituting a combat system. Joy!
ImageImageImage

Return to “The Construct”