Commander Challenge

This place was made by the Deathand, and the Deathand keeps it. Here you may find all manner of stories and ideas he wishes the world to see. Enter traveler, behold its wonders.
Kaome Sky Deathand
Assessor of the Black Tontine

Commander Challenge

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:54 pm

A few of you will have the chance to be in ZO if you desire.
Post here a character, their name, their side, and a nice background.
If I like it, I'll use it. If not, don't take offense.
Cruor Vult

Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion,
simultaneously the source of our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness.

Soon we shall be One...joined in the Word.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Commander Kane

Post by Deschain » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:01 pm

Name/Nickname: Commander Kane Zarih aka Koward aka One Eye aka
Favorite phrase: "Shut up and fight me!"
Looks:Kane looks like a train wreck. Most of his body is covered in clothing leaving only his face visible. Kane's face is charred with many scars, most noticeable being the large scar that trails from his right forehead over his empty left eye socket to his lower left chin. He has black unkempt hair and four-day cut beard stub.
He wears plain blue shirt, matching(though a bit more bleached than his shirt) pants with a thousand and one patch, knee high leather boots, gloves and can sometimes be seen wearing an old grey cloak during snowy weather.
Weapons: Profficient with melee weapons he usually wields a sword and a few knife, though due to his loss of eye he isn't best at throwing them.
Personality: Wishing to avoid a dull farmer life Kane escaped when he was only 16 and joined the ranks of Argon Army. Working on a farm made him tough so being in the army at first wasn't much challenging physically. But continuous fighting left many scars on Kane. Having lost his family in a battle with Kaze Kane started considering army and his subordinates as a family deciding to remain in service. He rose through ranks slowly but at a constant pace. At his best he reached the title of Commander. Despite this tittle he choose to lead his forces into battle himself earning great respect amongst his fellow warriors.
At the dawn of Bane wars he led his warriors along with Kisurg Dins against the forces of Exuro's avatar. Each new victory took more and more toll on Kane's body was unwilling to change. After a terrible fight he won against an unknown Bane soldier he lost his eye and his left was heavily wounded. Seeing he couldn't fight with his troops anymore he choose a more strategic position his title offered him. This was a great disappointment for him as well. Kane saw how the other commanders would waste their squads of men like they were mere trinkets and was firm not to waste lives if absolutely unnecessary. This gave his nickname Koward which is popular amongst both his peers and subordinates.
He eases his troubles with aid of flask and women of low morale, where available.
At present day and time Kane doesn't fight unless he is either sure to win or at least sure he can achieve a certain goal by choosing to directly confront a foe.
Last edited by Deschain on Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaome Sky Deathand

Re: Commander Challenge

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:57 pm

I will neither confirm, nor deny, usage of this in Zo.

Hey, you asked.
Cruor Vult

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:12 am

Why so cryptic?
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Kaome Sky Deathand

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:16 pm

Cryptic Metaphor!
Cruor Vult

Psiclone
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete
Location: As you can see from my avatar, I'm currently on the run from a--OH MY GOD!

Post by Psiclone » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:17 am

Name: Idün of Commoragh
Favorite Phrase: "Now you see me...now you see two of me."
Physical Characteristics: Idün appears as a large, bipedal humanoid creature approximately six and one-quarter feet tall covered in a glossy black carapace. His tiny, insectile head sits between his two massive shoulders. Ridges along his spine, forearms, and chest are reminiscent of ribs, and between gaps in the ribs, several of Idün's brains can be seen. The carapace is very thick, like armor plating, but can be shed easily, like snake skin. These sections can be temporarily animated by Idün into violent constructs. The only clothing on Idün is a ancient noble's shawl draped across his shoulders, decorated with arcane runes.
Weapons: Idün relies on the power of his massive fists and the support of his animated skins.
Personality & Background: Idün is the last prince of a dying race, the Commorites. Living underground for several thousand years, the Commorites practiced their bloody worship for the Voidwalker of Change in secret, coming to the surface occasionally for sacrifices used in unknown rituals. However, the coming of the Khamsin forced the Commorites to flee from the much larger force or perish. This continued for many hundreds of years until the Commoragh warrior caste numbered less than 5,000. Eventually the Khamsin left the Commorites to their fate, but by that time, their fate had been sealed; the race was slowly dying of starvation.
Idün himself is the son of Radün, the last living Commorite from the original comming of the Khamsin. Growing up listening to his stories, Idün spent his whole life honing his personal abilities for one singular purpose: to annihilate the Hallowed Order for the glory of the Voidwalkers. His fury was pent up into his heart, and so Idün gained a reputation as a cold and eerily polite adversary who could fly into screaming blood-furies at a moment's notice and return to his noble stature a second later.
Idün received word from one of his sacrifice-gatherers that the entire region above Commoragh (south of the Bane's main bulkhead) had been cleared, and many of the surface races were fighting brutally, including the infamous Council. Idün knew then that this would be the last of the Commoragh. He gathered what remained of his warriors and marched to the Bane's bulkhead, where he promptly pledged the loyalty of him and his warriors to the Council.

It was kind of hard to write his background, because I wasn't sure what was going on before ZO. The idea is that, shortly before the battle (maybe a month or two), Idün and the rest of the Commorites emerged from underground and pledged their loyalty to the Bane.
Intellectuals are like the Mafia; they only kill their own.
-Woody Allen -
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Arcane Sanctuary”