Karud - Region Map

Dive into the world of Karud and explore Pokémon like you've (maybe) never seen them before! This RP is currently headed by our resident hitogoroshi with assistance from the typical Kaome and Rising_Dusk.
VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Karud - Region Map

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:59 pm

It should be noted that the areas are just "most concentration" - the rest is a continuum. That is, as you go from a Mass to a city, the ferals become less frequent and less numerous. But they are not confined to just the circle. Oh, and the green just means "land". There could be deserts, mountains, volcanoes, etc., in this place.
  • Western Masses- The largest group of Ferals in Karud. Make any western travel out of Karud impossible.
  • Amash - The "western border" of Karud. That is, that's the first point where a city actually has a chance of holding off ferals.
  • Mos - Less of a town and more of an enormous hospital. It tends to be the final home of those injured in war, be it physical or pyschological.
  • Eoyin - A thriving trade port, they tend to ignore that it's in Karud and just treat it as a stepping stone to other, less damaged areas.
  • Keo - A city seeking to make a huge canal between the two thriving water systems of Karud. Once that's done, they plan to abandon Karud and use the canal to pass the Northern Masses and reach Seital.
  • Southern Masses - While they are not as large as the west, they are arguably the biggest threat in Karud. Many escaped, trained pokemon use their intelligence to lead fearsome forces.
  • Yarin - A tiny city in opposition of the Southern Masses. They don't have the manpower, but they do have the best trainers in Karud working to stop the tide from raging north and engulfing the region. (This is where all of you guys will start.)
  • Northern Masses - The weakest of the four Feral Masses, it's still enough to stop land travel to Seital.
  • Jin - The only other city with trainers of Yarin's calibur, they are the trainers who are trying to break through the Border Masses to reach the Elite Four - some to ask for help (as there are no phones or anything of the ilk), others to do battle.
  • Border Masses - A small but fairly strong group of Ferals.
  • Seital - A booming metropolis that is probably one of the biggest cities in the world since the war. It's the border to the neighboring region Ashtin, and living there is basically "abandoning" feral infested Karud for safer climbs. Places like this are the reason why so many people in Karud are fighters - no one else would live there.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Karud - Region Map

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:19 pm

So I have a few questions and yeah, comments.
  • Is it impossible to fight through the masses 100%? Would you, as a DM, end any such attempt in disaster? Or is there a chance if the need arises?
  • What is the role of the elite four? You've been entirely too ambiguous about them so far, almost like they're on the side of the ferals.. But aren't? And what of the champion? What's his role?
  • I dislike that everyone has to start in the city. Let's not kill diversity and make it the "yarin region" instead of in the city. If someone can RP that they're living in the wild, why not?
  • What of gyms and their leaders? Do they exist? If so, what's their role in all of this?
  • I am really interested in hearing more of the actual story as to how all of this came to pass.
  • I'm really interested in seeing your take on the NPC characters like the elite four. Their names, their teams, their personalities.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:07 pm

• Is it impossible to fight through the masses 100%? Would you, as a DM, end any such attempt in disaster? Or is there a chance if the need arises?
    If you get a huge group, it's possible to fight through the masses from one end to the other...but that requires a lot of running and sneaking. There's no way to destroy them all, but with a bit of intelligence you CAN make it through.
  • What is the role of the elite four? You've been entirely too ambiguous about them so far, almost like they're on the side of the ferals.. But aren't? And what of the champion? What's his role?
    They're not so much on the side as the ferals as...scary and aggressive. Basically, imagine as if your local police officer had nukes. In times of desperation, you'll want to ask for help...but generally, they're almost as feared as ferals. They may be on the players side, but that doesn't make them nice.
  • I dislike that everyone has to start in the city. Let's not kill diversity and make it the "yarin region" instead of in the city. If someone can RP that they're living in the wild, why not?
    Well, I should clarify. The RP involves you working with the Yarin forces. You don't have to live there, you just have to be there at the time the RP starts. Whether you're coming because you've heard they're on the offensive, you've worked in the force your whole life, or if you're just passing through (though too many of those will be pretty implausible), you just have to BE there. There's plenty of chance for diversity on where you came from and why you're here.
  • What of gyms and their leaders? Do they exist? If so, what's their role in all of this?
    If an explorer finds a gym, he has the right to claim it (though there's no need to have a certain elemental affinity) and then demand you to beat him/her to pass a chokepoint (for thats why the original gyms were made.) Basically, that's gonna be one of the two big sources of conflict in this - both the creative approach of dealing with ferals and the classic, toe to toe 3 vs 3 battles. (And yes, I do have plans to avoid only one person getting to play or everyone having to do the same thing in order.)
  • I am really interested in hearing more of the actual story as to how all of this came to pass.
    Should be later tonight that I get that done, after the character guidelines.
  • I'm really interested in seeing your take on the NPC characters like the elite four. Their names, their teams, their personalities.
    The four and champion themselves are going to be secret, but the gym leaders...oh, yes, they're going to be fun. :3

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:14 pm

I've got to give you credit, no story other than my own and Kao's has interested me this much. I'm especially excited in my last point, I want to see what kind of characters you can create and particularly what pokemon each has -- Since that's as much a part of the character as the character itself is.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:35 pm

Okay, here's the Terragen version 1.0. I still need to photoshop in the bridges, cities, feral masses, etc. for it to replace the mspaint one. But here's how it's going so far.
(Note: I know it's a bit different then the MSpaint one. In a conflict, take this one. The river system is kind of retarded in the original, so I fixed it.)

Vinnam
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by Vinnam » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:54 pm

It looks sexy so far.
Trainer: Brendan Creed
ImageImageImage
Lineup: Noir & Batista

Return to “Pokémon”