Character Guidelines/Submission

Dive into the world of Karud and explore Pokémon like you've (maybe) never seen them before! This RP is currently headed by our resident hitogoroshi with assistance from the typical Kaome and Rising_Dusk.
Cecil
Holder of the Alt-F4

Re: Character Guidelines/Submission

Post by Cecil » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:33 pm

Red
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
ImageImageImage Image Image Image
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
  • Trainer History:
trainer descrip
  • Pokémon:
Image Image Dragonite, Flying/Coloress, Female, "NO NAME"
=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=
The memory of that night is still fresh in my mind... the cold midnight air, dense fog and the full shining moon... the dead silence before her cries of battle.

I checked my watch--It was 12:00 AM, and no shut-eye. Not for two days have I slept, pondering non-stop about the decisions I made. "A pipe dream", "You'll amount to nothing", they said. "I'll show them!... one day", I thought. Will I, though? Nothing I've seen has been worthy of catching--nothing!! Oddish, Spearow... and those annoying Mankey. I slumped back down into my sleeping bag, but before my thoughts could stray any further, THAT was when I heard it... her war cry--

Image Image Larvitar, Dark/Ground, Male, "Epitaph"
descrip

Image Image Charmeleon, Fire, Male, "NO NAME"
descrip

Image Image Bulbasaur, Water, Gender Unknown, "NO NAME"
descrip

Image Image Wartortle, Water, Male, "NO NAME"
descrip

Image Image Jolteon, Electric, Female, "NO NAME"
Pikachu wasn't worth the time it took to reach it's potential, so I had cast it out. The two Electabuzz users in recent days, have not shown anything surprising... so I searched... searched for a sufficient Electric Pokemon with speed. Speed is what my team lacked, and what I would soon be granted when I met up with an old friend.
  • Items:
  • Pokéball - Type: Normal - Stock: x3
  • Pokéball - Type: ??? - Stock: x1
  • Net - Stock: x1
  • Shovel - Stock: x1
  • Other:
The 'To-Catch' List
Scyther
Heracross
Wobbuffet
Abra
Shuckle
Gengar
Jigglypuff
Last edited by Cecil on Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cecil
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Cecil » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:33 pm

Clovis BaneCroft, Red's rival
ImageImageImage Image Image Image
  • Trainer History:
  • Pokémon:
Image Image Sneasel, Dark, Female, "NO NAME"

Image Image Houndoom, Dark/Ground, Male, "Tooth"

Image Image Houndoom, Dark/Ground, Female, "Nail"

Image Image Murkrow, Dark/Flying, Gender Unknown, "NO NAME"

Image Image Misdreveous, Dark/Ghost/Pyscic, Female, "NO NAME"

Image Image Gengar, Ghost/Pyscic, Gender Unknown, "NO NAME"
  • Items:
  • Dagger - Stock: x1
  • Pokéball - Type: ??? - Stock: x1
  • Throwing Knives - Stock: x20
  • Pokéball - Type: Normal - Stock: x2
  • Other:

Scarlet
Global Moderator

Post by Scarlet » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:40 pm

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

==============================================================

Trainer: Amelia

Being the only child of someone who was both a military man and a Gym Leader has its ups and downs. Its advantages and disadvantages. For instance, Amelia has all sorts of experience behind her, for someone so young. Early in life, her father shipped her off with an old friend that was still enlisted, to "build character". He'd wanted Amelia to experience life as he had. She'd met a lot of people and traveled all over, before the Collapse. Never lived a normal, static life. Never got much of a chance to develop any meaningful friendships or relations, despite her outgoing nature. It was a military thing. Lots of other kids her age went through the same thing, but there was never a chance to have a lasting friendship, due to the nature of the military. They rotated in and out, all the time.

She was always on the move, in her youth. Spent a lot of time going from base to base with her father's old military buddies, sometimes deployed with no warning whatsoever. Amelia had lived in crude shelters all her life, bungalows and shacks and halfway homes, never staying in one place more than a few months. She'd had to get adjusted to lots of new schools, over the years, and she was always eager to learn from the quiet, watchful men that were her caretakers. She'd learned a lot about survival and basic medical emergencies. A lot about combat, too, both with Pokemon and without.

A few years after her return to Kanto, Amelia left for Karud on a whim, before the world fell apart. Her early years in the military life had instilled in her a desire to roam, to go from place to place without any sort of anchor tying her down. A wanderer's spirit. A vagrant demon, deep down inside her. Now, after hearing of the troubles in Yarin and their pleas for help, Amelia leaves the relative safety of Seital, to see what help her military training can provide to the desperate few that have managed to stay alive.

Pokemon:

Image Surge :: Pikachu

Surge was Amelia's first Pokemon, a gift from her father, who swore by Electric types. Having been with Amelia most of her life, Surge is endlessly loyal, a companion Amelia constantly confides in despite his inability to speak. Much like his mistress, he is energetic and friendly, but cautious. Though he isn't as powerful in combat as the others, Surge makes up for this with his boundless speed, always on the move, flitting from target to target, utilizing his powers to shock them into paralysis. Because of this, Amelia makes sure to never send Surge out on his own, instead having him support his fellow Pokemon. His small size and cautious nature has made him invaluable as a scout; he's always careful enough to go out on long ranges by himself without getting into too much trouble.

ImageSage :: Torterra

Amelia first met Sage as a Turtwig, when Amelia was only fifteen. He'd been rejected by another trainer, a bitter old man. His job had been to teach Pokemon discipline for people that only wanted them as house pets, people too lazy or too busy to train the Pokemon themselves. He'd been holding the poor, unruly thing by the leaves growing on its head, attempting to auction it off for a penny. After her outrage at the man dissipated, Amelia bought the Turtwig, and he's been a faithful companion ever since, his gratefulness to Amelia for rescuing him having cemented his loyalty. Amelia named him Sage because of his propensity for slow speech; though he does not speak often, Sage's words always show careful, deliberate thought. Ever an asset in battle, Sage's intelligence and calm nature, even in the heat of combat, make him Amelia's most dependable Pokemon. His sheer size and strength mean he's great at any defensive role, though he's far from the most mobile of Pokemon.

ImageEve :: Gardevoir

Eve came to Amelia as a gift as well, though much later than Surge. An old boyfriend of hers found Amelia unnaturally graceful, like a ballerina. He'd grown accustomed to women that were much more blunt and brutish than her. Most women that grew up in the service were. He thought Eve - then a Kirlia - to be a perfect match for her, because of the Pokemon's elegance and fragile appearance. The gesture was meant to tease her, but Amelia took the Pokemon in gladly, always willing to make new friends. Though Eve is indeed fragile, her prowess with psychic powers has proven to be invaluable to the rest of the team. Still, Eve is strong-willed and selfish, and has problems taking orders from Amelia, believing herself to be more intelligent and capable than the young woman. Despite this overt streak of independence, Eve has so far been willing to accompany Amelia without much of a fuss, ever eager to confuse or otherwise disable her opponents in combat.

ImageRiptide :: Feraligatr

Anyone who's in the military is going to see violence, sooner or later. A soldier living a life without violence is like an office clerk foregoing paper. So it should come as no surprise that, sometimes, Amelia fought, even in her younger years. Riptide was acquired during one such fight. It had been a trainer battle in a competition of sorts, very low-scale. Putting up Pokemon as prizes wasn't exactly allowed in the military, but Amelia had been young and, back then, very naive. And brash. Her opponent certainly hadn't expected her to pose any sort of a challenge. But she'd won.
Tide was trained from his youth as a Totodile to be an effective fighter. He's extremely aggressive in combat, always pressing the attack against any opponent of any size or type. He never shows fear or hesitation, though Amelia has managed to temper him somewhat. He is unable to speak, but still possesses a keen mind, especially for combat. Amelia often uses him to get across large bodies of water, which he has no problem doing due to her small frame.

ImageZeke :: Ursaring

Zeke is fiercely protective of Amelia. Having been entrusted to guard Amelia with his life by her former caretaker before being called to action, Zeke is zealous in his determination to keep her safe. Despite this Zeke is, in general, very gentle. He sometimes serves as a means of transportation when the land proves to be too rough or a cliff needs to be scaled. If left alone in battle, Zeke proves to be a very reserved fighter, preferring to allow his opponents to come at him first. However, any threat to Amelia angers him instantly, driving him into a state of berserk fury. Amelia has had trouble getting him to contain his anger in the past; she's still trying to teach him to control it.

ImageSilent :: Ninetales

Silent was something of a military watchdog before coming into Amelia's possession. He was often used as a sentry because of his natural aptitude to remain almost invisible even on the move, never making much noise. As a test, Amelia's unit was tasked with breaching past an area being guarded by Silent and others like him. Having managed to slip past Silent, Amelia apparently earned his respect, since he followed her ever since, eventually allowing Amelia to capture him. Not having much actual combat experience, Silent still manages to be a decent natural fighter, his speed and strength giving him an edge over most. Still, the few larger battles he's participated in have left him confused, unsure of where he would best be suited to help.

Other: Um, done and done, I guess. I'll gladly change the Seital thing if it's a problem, but as I've mentioned before, I want to start near the lake, and Seital was the obvious choice. Coming up with background info for all six Pokemon was a real problem for me, so they're kinda lame right now, I know. =/

VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:51 pm

Approved. Though remember in terms backstory there's nothing wrong with just wounding the pokemon and then catching it instead of resorting to more esoteric means for all six.

Return to “Pokémon”