Yarin: Conference Room

Dive into the world of Karud and explore Pokémon like you've (maybe) never seen them before! This RP is currently headed by our resident hitogoroshi with assistance from the typical Kaome and Rising_Dusk.
User avatar
Kaome Sky Deathand
Assessor of the Black Tontine
Posts: 1175
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:14 am
Location: Lingering at Life

Re: Yarin: Conference Room

Postby Kaome Sky Deathand » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:07 am

"I don't understand them any better..."
He didn't turn around but said it loud enough for the mutt to hear.
"...but now I'm the only one walking out the door aren't I?"

The cold on his shoulder grew to be a tad intense and he knew he wasn't alone. He swept at his collar as he strode off again and in a moment Vorpalus faded into existence, or at least, made himself seen. Kashim wasn't so daft he went anywhere alone these days, at least, so far. "Mildly amusing." Kashim ignored the remark. "Report." The ghost carried on as instructed. "It's getting worse, the ferals are massing and so far everyone of worth is either sitting on their hands, or resting on their ass in some dank and dismal room talking about what they could do if they made it out of here alive or, take this right..." The ghost interjected. He continued without missing a beat. "...going on and on about how much bleaker their past was." Kashim nodded, taking in the good with the bad. "Some people won't learn, no matter how much you try and make them see. So occupied about there and then they can't focus on the here and now." Vorpalus made a gesture and commented. "Something you would know about it seems." Kashim grunted. "Noted, but the yup had it coming." "I did enjoy how you wiped off that smug look on his face. Still..." The creature gestured again the direction to go, thankful enough he had the 'mon tasked to trail, he'd get lost down here.

"P. o. A. ?" ((Plan of Action)) Kashim glanced over at the ghost before sucking in a short breath.
"Supplies should be covered, we need to beat a retreat back to Fall Point 1, but I intend to do as much as I can before leaving. I don't care much for the leaders here, but i won't abandon the people just because their primarchs are a bunch of pretentious fraks." He turned another corner and threw a glare at a man in his way. "Agreed. We should have Pyre cover us, the ferals have a nasty armada of avians nesting somewhere nearby, then again perhaps..." Kashim shook his head in disagreement. "Venom should cover, the Pin Missile would act as an AA while Grimm and Wrath could ground pound." Once more the ghost gestured and once more Kashim followed the motion.

He'd carry out his orders, if he could only get out of this damn coward hole.
Cruor Vult

Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion,
simultaneously the source of our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness.

Soon we shall be One...joined in the Word.

User avatar
Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb
Posts: 4025
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Yarin: Conference Room

Postby Rising_Dusk » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:33 am

Some figures here and there had stood up, but he was more interested in the heated discussion going on between the military-man and the colorful haired individuals on these teams. It's interesting, practically four people nearly begged that man to stay down here and yet he still refused. Clearly he was important to them, but they not so much to him. He would be reliable when necessary, but not to these people, no... He would be useful to the civilians. A soldier never forgets his duty to those he is sworn to protect.

He shrugged it off and looked at the motley crew developing. They sure took their merry times standing up, and Maxwell was hardly one to like standing around waiting for the grass to grow. He'd only come on this little escapade because he thought it his chance to make a stand after what had happened in the past.

"Well, if any among you change your minds, you are free to join us topside."
He looked back at Lowell and spoke, "If your time is so valuable then we should not be spending it in the sewers where we cannot be useful." He grinned, maybe soon he would figure out how this man knew of him.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

User avatar
Vigor
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Yarin: Conference Room

Postby Vigor » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:34 am

Thirty-one.
Thirty-two.
Thirty-three
Thirty-fi-
God damnit, lost count again.


Moi was casually leaning back in his chair, gazing up at the old broken fan. It didn't spin very fast, which was good, because it gave Moi plenty of time to count the laps as a distraction. He didn't care much for these kinds of meetings. Somehow, he often were called to them without even knowing what was going on. He'd much rather be outside somewhere, catching some sunshine, strolling around on the back of Ojaques, possibly impressing some babes.

Anything but this dump. This place was smelly, these people where smelly, and boy was it hot. Moi was just counting the minutes untill this thing was over so he could go back to the surface. All around him people were heating up for some reason and before long there was shouting everywhere. Troublesome.

The low montonous buzz of Threetron was the only sound that felt comfortable here. Moi always brought Tron to these kinds of meetings. He had a photographic memory after all, which did came in handy in situations like this. Moi trusted in his judgement in these kinds of situations. To Moi's great relief, the low machinelike voice whispered to him.

"Master, stand up".
"Wha?" Moi whispered back, suprised by this sudden command.
"You have to stand up. Just do your thing, sir".
"Right, yeah, whatever".

Moi dramaticly pushed back his chair, smacking it to the ground with a bang that echoed trough the conference room. With a theatrical motion he pointed his thumb at his face and spoke with the grin of a thousand gods:

"I'm in, baby!", and whispering to Theetron, "just what am I in, excactly?"

Theetron was snickering in a way that only a machine can.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Moi Adore - Beaux - Sjiq - Ojaques - Guy - Threetron - Nollop

User avatar
VZCabetardo
Champion Noobite
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Yarin: Conference Room

Postby VZCabetardo » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:56 am

Zucco calmly observed the people in the room, the tension had rose just a moment ago but it seemed the military were done with their fighting. He disliked the one called Kashim strongly, aggressive, impulsive and more importantly war-torn.

Darn, not even amongst themselves can they avoid it...

His stern expression kept him out of everyone's focus, a shadow behind a mass of rash men itching to prove their manhood... Unlike them, he was never pressured to show how strong he was or how loud he could rise his voice, in his way of life, there was no need for that...

His mind, calculative, relaxed and analytic processed the request, either go on a party towards Jin to contact the elite four or remain at Yarin and defend the city from the mass at the south.
He wasn't fond of any of the two options but was resolute on helping with the crisis, maybe fighting was not his favorite option but there seemed to be no way out of it.

With that, Zucco decided what to do, standing up he gave his answer. He was not expecting to catch anyone's attention but strangely over half the people in the room looked at him immediately.

"I will accompany the group, a calm mind might be required in the journey."

Saying nothing more he stood up and followed the young trainer that motioned the group to the surface in order to be of some use. Unlike most of the others, Zucco showed no signs of anxiety, fear or excitement; this was simply another day and another goal to accomplish...
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
andriejj
Keeper of the Keys
Posts: 402
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:01 am

Re: Yarin: Conference Room

Postby andriejj » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:08 am

Listening carefully, Gordon didn't express a thing by a gesture or word. Even though inside, he was all in doubts. (Damn, I hope it all clears up soon, now it's a damn mess...) But he was still firm in his decision, and aid the Commander, join the mission that was just unfolded. (I came here to help, some conflicts from the past won't interrupt me...)
Hence, he stood up, ready for orders.

I shall join the mission, sir. Just tell me what to do.

User avatar
Daryll-The-Damned
Captain Caption
Posts: 516
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:38 pm
Location: Standing...Right...BEHIND YOU!!
Contact:

Re: Yarin: Conference Room

Postby Daryll-The-Damned » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:33 am

A variety of people had stood and stated, in varying tones of voice and inflection, that they would go to Jin. There was also some rather nasty business with the military looking fellow...but G didn't know diddly about anything like that...Looked like they were all about set to go on this here adventure...except wait.

Lucky G quickly took a headcount. Minus the military guy...that left just two fella's who hadn't stood up. That Lowell guy said that we'd need every man who would go most like, if we wanted to make it back but...Would the city really be okay with only two (maybe?) people? If those two decided to cop out, or go on with the team to Jin...It would leave the city mighty open to anything, ferals or even bandits.

He crossed his arms and spoke out.

"Hey, boss man, er...Lowell yeah. Looks like us people got the guts to go on this little shindig, but will this here city really be alright while we're gone? I mean, I ain't one to just leave folk defenseless, even if it's for a good cause..."
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pestilence :: Rocky the V :: Buz-Ze :: Zen :: The Kid:: Imperius

VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:20 am
Contact:

Re: Yarin: Conference Room

Postby VZManticoran » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:28 pm

Ben lounges, completely resting in his chair, playing with a small ball in his hands.
I wonder who decided to call me here. They should know my duties are not with the people... And there's no way I'm heading farther from my land.

Remaining sitting: "Sorry, sirs, but I ain't gonna be joinin' 'yall, my duty is to my land and the people who used to live on it. There's a number of 'em still in the city, so I got to look out for their well being first. Wish ya all due respect and luck, though, and I could follow you as far as a days journey by dragonback out."
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

User avatar
VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Yarin: Conference Room

Postby VZhitogoroshi » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:19 pm

"Hey, boss man, er...Lowell yeah. Looks like us people got the guts to go on this little shindig, but will this here city really be alright while we're gone? I mean, I ain't one to just leave folk defenseless, even if it's for a good cause...

Lowell shrugged his shoulders. "The danger is not immediate. The SDS and ADS - minus Kesshi - are willing to work longer than they ever have before. The problem is in the long term - when the groups that are normally digested and thinned out by the TAS are coming into Yarin's territory whole. And as far as that goes...I've made sure to have solid crowd controlling pokemon. I had been hoping to assist you in some way, but it seems that I will be tied to Yarin around the clock." Shame about Kashim...Kesshi's hardly the sort to impose discipline, and Dimitri will need to stay relatively isolated. If I'm stuck here, I don't think there will be a military man in the bunch.

Kota seemed to pick up on his commander's worries. "Y'know, Sir, I could lead the bunch instead. I've been leading my section for years, and though I've never done Assault work I'm a fast learner. I think military leadership will be preferable to this unqualified - what's his name, even?"

Lowell smiled. "I have a good reason for picking Maxwell here." I'm sure he's wondering the same thing. I'm not surprised. After all, I'm just another face in the crowd to him, another one who stood up and was knocked down.

"When it comes to qualifications...would you believe he's beaten me before in a poke batlle?"

Well, maybe he will remember me. It was close. Damn close.

User avatar
Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb
Posts: 4025
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Yarin: Conference Room

Postby Rising_Dusk » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:01 pm

He stood at the precipice to the room, waiting for the rest of the men and women to decide which path they would take. His eyes traced the path the military man took, yes, the one that stormed off. This was not the last time they would cross paths, he was sure of that. However, he wondered just what that man's goals really were, if not to his people in this time of crisis. Only time would tell.

He turned back to the commander from nearly a room away now, noticing that he was motioning at Maxwell to that fellow that escorted these guys to the room. There was something about Lowell that stirred him, like he should know who he was but just can't place the face. Exile has a tendency to cause you to forget those you used to know well. Again, he would find out more later as the need arose.

He grew slightly impatient at waiting for people to make up their minds.
"Commander, what will the first order of business be for us? We can take who we have and begin preparing for it as necessary." Maxwell fondled the golden pokéball at his belt, knowing well that Scizor did not enjoy being in there.
All in good time, comrade. I will let you out as soon as we're out of this sunken pit of a conference room.
He could almost feel his Scizor calming from inside of the pokéball.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

User avatar
Kaome Sky Deathand
Assessor of the Black Tontine
Posts: 1175
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:14 am
Location: Lingering at Life

Re: Yarin: Conference Room

Postby Kaome Sky Deathand » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:43 pm

"An interesting choice..." The shade continued.
"I had thought fire was far more effective than bug against the avians." Kashim threw a quick side glance as he hiked up a set of stairs. "True enough..." he replied, taking the last ones two at a time. "...but saying pin missile in ineffective against the light hollow bones and fluff that the majority of avian ferals are made of would be about..." He grunted, brushing past two uniforms and finally catching scent of cool fresh air. "...saying a Steelix would be unable to crush a Metapod in its vice." The specter had a grin on its face and it was not so inviting. "Well, there was this one time...." Kashim waved his hand, a motion those under his command understood as a non-verbal 'stow it wise-ass' gesture. "Just through here." Kashim wrenched open the door and was greeted with the sight of scorched earth and shattered sky.

"The others with the truck?"
The shade nodded it's thick head, its entire body mimicking the movement.
"All but the Demon, he stays with you does he not?" Kashim nodded and patted the black ball hanging at his waist just to reassure himself. He fingered the stencil imprint of the hollow leering skull on the front before dropping it back to his side. Glancing around while he moved, Kashim was bothered by the hustle and bustle going on. He gritted his teeth. "We need..." "Higher ground..." the shadow interjected before floating a bit higher over Kashims head. "There is a low level building just ahead..." Kashim needed no more direction then that. In moments he clambered up the side, using stocked crates and barrels as a foothold and took out his busted, yet serviceable 'nocs. The horizon seemed to twitch and writhe. Through the scope, he knew why.

The sky was dark to the North. Darker than it should have been.
"Avians." Kashim spat.
"A rather large number at that...should I?"
"No." Kashim shot down the order as he took his 'nocs down. "We get to the truck...then we get the frak out of here."
"Quite a large number to plow through on our own..."
Kashims face twitched in thought. He turned South to see a rather large dust bowl sweeping toward them. "Frak me..." He muttered before throwing the 'nocs up again. "FRAK ME SIDEWAYS!" The specter ignored the base human verbose. Finally lowering and stowing the device, Kashim jumped off the roof and landed with a soft thud. "Mankeys..." He spat again. "this day just gets better and better." For the moment Vorpalus said nothing, waiting for him commander to steer the plot ahead.
"Damn...." he shook his head. "Double damn." Settled with his choice, Kashim calmly headed toward his truck.
"The avians I assume." Kashim nodded. "You better frakkin' believe it."
Cruor Vult

Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion,
simultaneously the source of our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness.

Soon we shall be One...joined in the Word.

User avatar
VZBushkiller20
The Kan Codifier
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:22 am

Re: Yarin: Conference Room

Postby VZBushkiller20 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:42 pm

Lawrence looked around the room. So many people...Who will defend this town? It seemed as though the man in the sunglasses shared the same thought. Wasn't he one of the first?

"Hey, boss man, er...Lowell yeah. Looks like us people got the guts to go on this little shindig, but will this here city really be alright while we're gone? I mean, I ain't one to just leave folk defenseless, even if it's for a good cause..."


"The danger is not immediate. The SDS and ADS ...I had been hoping to assist you in some way, but it seems that I will be tied to Yarin around the clock."


Even so... Lawrence had been in Yarin for quite some time, but he hadn't forgotten the ferocity of a determined feral army. And in this present, you had to worry about humans just as much. Too many trainers were going, and only two had said they would stay and defend. If the future of Yarin was to be improved, it would need to be defended now. Lawrence coughed loudly, borderline obnoxiously, to draw attention to him.

Geez...I know I wanted this but... As eyes turned to him, he began to feel uncomfortable. He first looked at the man, finally introduced as Maxwell, before slowly turning towards Commander Lowell. "Commander..." He turned to Maxwell quickly, "Sir," before facing the Commander again. "My name is Lawrence. I am afraid I must agree with...with..." Honestly, what is it with people not introducing themselves? "Well, the man in the white suit. This town needs defenders, and the SDS and ADS are skilled, but you can never have too many trainers. I apologize to you, Mister Maxwell. I will not be joining you, but I feel you have enough to handle as it is."

Lawrence sat down in his chair.
Image

Image Image ImageImageImage

Lawrence-Ember-Mirage-Skywings-Jasmine

User avatar
Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb
Posts: 4025
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Yarin: Conference Room

Postby Rising_Dusk » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:10 pm

So many indecisive men here.
Maxwell nodded towards the man that had just sat down. Lowell was contemplating things and probably making up his mind about what to say. Maxwell waited patiently, hoping that he'd be able to do something soon. He'd been in this town for too long just defending, and a chance to get closer to the new elite four... Maybe, just maybe...

He rubbed a finger over Scizor's pokéball again.
Soon...
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

User avatar
Vinnam
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: Yarin: Conference Room

Postby Vinnam » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:48 pm

Giacomo sat and listened to the arguments of those who were concerned about the fate of Yarin should they leave so suddenly, his headache having subsided to a dull throbbing. He began to feel misgivings about his choice to leave, but his resolve was strengthened by the chance for a better world.

Giacomo stood up, joining those who would go to Jin. "The way I see it... We've got but one shot at this thing. Don't matter where we stand, but one thing's clear: We do this, we have a chance to change the world as we know it. Don't you all remember the way it was, when we didn't live in fear? We NEED to do this, if not for ourselves then for all of humanity and those pokemon left who are still loyal to us."

He took a moment to survey those around the room, then continued. "Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but i've been out in the killing fields for the past few years. And if you've been out there, then you know as well as I do that those ferals WILL. NOT. STOP. Unless we do something to stop them, they'll keep attacking, and keep killing until there's noone left. I don't know why some of you are going to Jin, but i'm going for a chance at a better life, a world like the one we used to have, where Humanity and Pokemon lived in harmony."

Having said his piece, Giacomo moved over to the wall and leaned on it, still rubbing his temples.
Trainer: Brendan Creed
ImageImageImage
Lineup: Noir & Batista

User avatar
VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Yarin: Conference Room

Postby VZhitogoroshi » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:30 pm

Giacomo's final words were accompanied by a rush of feet. A tall woman, who looked to be about thirty and had the green hair denoting her as an ADS member, burst into the room. "Lowell-"

He cut her off curtly. "Give me the status before any concerns, Ael."

She took a deep breath. "Okay. Okay. We've got a Mankey cloud to the south."

"P-count?"

"Low. This is one where they're propelled by crowd mentality, not a planned assault."

"Anything else?"

"A fierce avian cloud to the north. A few of the pack leaders that Tora had established dominance against were there - that's the only reason we made it out alive."

"And the caves?"

"Clear, sir. And it was Tomas who checked them."

"Well, that's something. Now you can tell me what you were so flustered about."

"The Lake Yarin Research Facility...it's gone, sir."

"...What?"

"All of it. Demolished. Scattered into the lake."

He slammed his fist down. "Damnit! We needed them! And more importantly...what could get past their defenses? They were strong."

"Well, we've got people to send, right? I mean, I haven't seen TAS around in a while. This seems right up their alley."

He seemed to bury a scream deep inside of him. Everyone at the table knew how important it was to keep that little fact a secret - morale was a very important resource. Lowell got to his feet, and in the process, seemed to...change. His weakness was shed. The people in the conference room may have seen his desperate weakness, but now he had to become the legend once more. He stood tall. The odds may be impossibly against them, but at least it was clear they could do no more to change them. Now was the time to do the absolute best with what they had.

"Those of you going to Jin - I have nothing more to say. It's in your hands now, and I can only hope you can do it. Break through the Mankey cloud. Don't even try to kill all of the little ones - they will break like the tide on the shore of our defense - but kill any Primeapes you find. They are the planners. Kesshi has been briefed on the route, so you will not be lost. Be conservative. There are no working Centers until Jin, and we don't even know if it is operational.

However, I would ask Water specialists from either group to consider investigating Lake Yarin. If not a soul among you can do it, it will be my duty, but water is not my strong suit."

Ael looked confused. "Who are these people? A sort of secret back-up squad?"

Lowell shook his head. "Not important. Now, Kota, listen."

Kota, who had once again taken to lurking outside the doorframe, entered the room. "Yeah?"

"Take the Jin-bound group out and supply them, as we discussed. Then go find Felix and relay these orders - I want everyone with at least a shift of rest deployed. Half-strength circular perimeter, with aggression orders on the south and baiting on the north. Be careful, and don't try to engage the avians except in extremely favorable conditions. Everyone else should work on a standard underground evac, just like we've practiced.Once that's done, fortify in the whole SDS in. The avians should make short work of what's left of the cloud, and they can sit on our rooftops all they want."

"And the ADS?" Ael asked.

"The ADS will finally see the terrain separation used."

She laughed. "That old thing? I don't think most people even remember what their terrain specialty is."

"I've dealt with surprises today, why shouldn't they get the fun? I want you and any other Air Specialists working to bait the back - between them and the SDS on the ground Yarin should have plenty of time to finish the evac. Water specialists should head to Lake Yarin ASAP and figure out what happened. There may be support from a few of these plain-clothes people. If so, treat them with the utmost respect. Oh, and take Tomas too."

"Tomas? But he can't deal with water pokes."

"Yes, but he's a leader, and we're walking into a huge unknown at the lake. I trust his judgment - make sure the whole unit does."

"What about the ground-based ADS?"

"They should get some sleep. The TAS is, shall we say, not working on their usual duties as of now. I have no idea what we're going to deal with tomorrow."

"No TAS...?" For the first time, the gravity of the situation seemed to hit her face. "And with the Lake Yarin problem...and the avian cloud...this is serious."

"Quite." He turned to Maxwell. "I'm jealous, in a way. We are both helping Yarin stand - but I must commit people to what may be their deaths, and you get to go on an adventure."

"Yeah, yeah, right into the belly of the beast. I don't envy ya." Kota beckoned. "Jin-bound, lets go." He lead the group back out through the maze, while silently wondering How the hell did Kashim find his way out? That's the kind of guy that could handle Victory Road. Selfish prick.

User avatar
Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb
Posts: 4025
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Yarin: Conference Room

Postby Rising_Dusk » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:00 pm

He didn't respond to the comment about the adventure. Both of them knew that this was not an adventure, not in the least. This was diving into the darkest pit with the hopes that it ends sooner rather than later, when it's far too late. He stared at the man, sizing him up, and seeing right through his façade. He was no more a pokémon trainer than anyone here, he was just a beacon of hope for those incapable of inspiring themselves. For that Maxwell respected Lowell, whether it was shown or not was questionable at best.

"Then we go," he said just before turning to follow the leaving Kota.
While walking out the exit of the room he paused and spoke again over his shoulder, "If the times ever change, maybe you'll get that rematch I know you always wanted."
He followed behind Kota without giving Lowell a chance to so much as think of a response.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep


Return to “Pokémon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests