Yarin: Perimeter

Dive into the world of Karud and explore Pokémon like you've (maybe) never seen them before! This RP is currently headed by our resident hitogoroshi with assistance from the typical Kaome and Rising_Dusk.
VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Yarin: Perimeter

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:08 am

To the North

Kashims tactic had worked well, at first. Pyres attack had fried many of the more aggressive ones, while Venom peppered the hangers-on. But some stronger, dominant Pidgeots - the force behind the avian threat - were gathering in a dangerous, whilring circle.

But if nothing else, the attack had been very successful at buying time. And as the pack leaders began to assemble in the sky - a bolt of blue - connected to the head of Ael, riding on a Pidgeot of her very own, Tora. She was in her element. Tora had been caught from one of these clouds, he had got in dominance struggles before, and the pack itself knew him. Of course, that did very little to lessen the danger - a few seconds of confusion, that's all she could count on. But if nothing else, the danger was a familiar one. She had baited avian clouds before, and she could do it again. Of course, this one was larger than usual, and with Yarin still evacuating she couldn't flee quite as fast, but...she had some tricks to try.

Noting the bodies as she flew into position, she smiled. As she had entered the room after Kashim had left, she didn't know about his refusal and assumed he was serving as a "plain-clothes special member." But as she flew over, a puzzled look crossed her face. Had he seriously..."Don't take out a bug against a flying type!"

Tora flew up and engaged. Kashim would certainly know how these things worked...she didn't have long before he'd be put in the line of fire again.

To the South

Walking through the Mankey cloud is almost as easy as walking normally. The group advances a half-mile - there is a thick tree cover, keeping the avians out. (Not that many avians had chosen to by-pass Kashim and Yarin thus far.) The pokemon already out can keep the swarm at bay with little effort.

But as the trees get thicker and the path is darker...silence. The chatter of Mankeys stops. And in the darkness...

"Pri."

A group of seven Primeapes hang on the trees. Five of them are what the group has been fighting so far - but more agressive, more ready. But the two others...the two others are something never seen before. Each stand two heads about the standard fare. One is covered with innumerable scars, and carries a club a la Marowhack. The other is a babyfaced one that seems far younger than the rest - but he is also of the unnatural size, with the unnatural strength evident with a glance.

Kesshi took a deep breath. Maxwell had Lowell's approval, but...all the same, he wanted Tomas right now. They had made sure to tell Maxwell what resources were available. He knew Kesshi had Kelios...and that, while he was pefectly suited for this situation with his combination air/psychic abilities, the attack would leave him almost completely drained. He knew Dimitri had Freud...and that, while he could incapacitate one, he could not fight the whole regiment.

For once, he had no idea what was going to happen. But all the same, he could offer one suggestion.

"Sir, Dimitri's been in the market for a fighting type, if we can lure most of em away." The casual content did not mask the urgency in his voice. There was little time to think - it was time for Maxwell to lead.

Vinnam
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by Vinnam » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:56 am

Giacomo looked worriedly over at Lugosi. The Haunter had been unstable before, taking out any ferals that wandered near the group, and now, confronted by this troop of Primeapes, it seemed to be losing more control.

As he was looking at Lugosi, he saw the eyes of the pokemon become glazed over once more, a glint in it's eyes akin to the ferals across the clearing from them. God, he was terrified of Lugosi when he was like this...

"...Lu?"

"Hau... Haunt...Feed... life... NOW... Haun..."

With a bit of trepidation, Giacomo gestured at the gathered ferals on the other side of the clearing.

"Go tear them to pieces, Lu."

A wave of dark smoke and a pair of evilly-glinting eyes was the only answer that Giacomo got as Lugosi sped off to attack the five smaller Primeapes.

-=-=-=-=-

Hau... Life... Aura... Haunt... ESSENCE...

Lugosi's mind was muddled as it sped off towards the Primeapes, a malevolent cloud of barely-defined purple smoke. As it approached them, it gave an unsettling chuckle and spoke.

Die... Pain... Delicious... Haun... No run... HAUNTER...

Reaching the first of the enemy, Lugosi attempted to envelop him in the cloying, poisonous gasses of his ethereal body.
Last edited by Vinnam on Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Trainer: Brendan Creed
ImageImageImage
Lineup: Noir & Batista

Kaome Sky Deathand
Assessor of the Black Tontine

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:59 pm

"It would seem that the cities defenders have finally gotten their act together and have sent out a foray."
Kashim hadn't had the chance to notice the ghost fade out of the cab, but his return promised news of some kind. The spectre continued. "The enemy is massing a rather large group of Pidgeots for a main thrust, while our allies have left us to die in the hands of some woman riding a turkey screaming about how inept you are by sending a bug into a bird battle." Kashim grunted and honked the horn before turning the truck to face away from the city again. The machine jarred to a halt and the engine groaned before settling into its idle. A brief respite. The calm before the breaking storm.

"Then she knows nothing of tactics." Kashim pounded the roof with his fist. The gesture was returned with several clicks and clacks of mandibles. Kashim turned to face Grimm out the small back window. "Pattern Ivory." Grimm only nodded and unslung the weapon at his back. The bone was choice, leather bound in places for better grip and ground into a point at others. It looked like a fusion between a spear and a war hammer that had gone horribly macabre. The 'haft' if you would, was marred with numerous notches, telling a tale of struggle and strife that left its wielder the one on top. The Marowak took the brief rest to readjust its fore armor and helm before standing ready.

"Inform Pyre that hammer falls by Lions Roar." Vorpalus nodded and vanished.
Kashim revved the engine, the machine giving a throaty rumble before kicking up terrain and jutting forward into the murder. Picking up speed, Kashim checked his large outside mirror and noticed the tell-tell flash of orange. Vorpalus rejoined him in the cab a moment later. The ghost said nothing, but Kashim could hear his questions anyway.
"Four prong assault. The only detail I am currently lacking in is how clever the high and mighty Wings above us is."
The ghost nodded but made no comment, likely drawing forth his ability. Though usually serving an Aux. role, to say that Vorpalus was defenseless or a non-com. was to ensure ones doom.

Basic animal instincts.
Go for the food. Bug. Food. Kill. Eat.
A mass dove, swooping low to tear the truck into pieces. Kashim had played chicken before, but the idea of playing WITH chickens he found ironic. He floored it. Slamming the hammer down and playing the clutch, the troop truck carried up into its high gears and rammed itself down the gullet of the avian murder.

At this point, several things happen.

Vorpalus lunged through the truck and held it's hands flat in front of its fanged face, center digits pointing between its wide eyes. Unleashing its power, the ghost gave the avians a massive dose of Nightshade, playing on their sense of sight and sound. He vanished, the birds passing through his ghosted form like shadows in the dying light of day.

Grimm jumped from the bed onto the cab roof and swung his bone cleaver out in wide arcs, spinning the weapon before slamming it into the metal and giving a roar that challenged the sky itself to fall.

Venom chittered, the Beedrill let go of its footing just before the Marowak hit and seemed to split into four distinct copies, firing its Pin Missile like there was no tomorrow for a count of three before landing in the back of the truck and latching on for life.

Kashim, in the cab, casually flipped the avians 'the bird' and laughed with a wide grin on his face.

Pyre swooped low, just clearing the top of Grimms helm by a few feat, in a raging inferno of death and destruction.

But that isn't what the birds saw.
To them, as soon as they passed into the field of Nightshade set before them they saw no such mundane thing. To them a beast from Hell strode toward them on treads of burning magma. The left eye was glowing, the right eye a solid mass of darkness. Upon its brow stood a creature straight from hell, wearing the bones of all those it had killed before, unleashing a roar that sounded like the chorus of a thousand forsaken souls. Behind that demon were wings of pure light, striking out to pierce those unworthy. The demon had called for its master, and its master was the form of the breath of the Creator, terrible and fiery, the beast engulfed all before it.
And in the background, a terrible laugh, dark and ugly, mocking their pitiful lives.

They would be broken, or broken upon them.
Who was breaking was the only question in doubt.
Cruor Vult

Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion,
simultaneously the source of our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness.

Soon we shall be One...joined in the Word.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:49 am

He still hadn't returned, which worried me.
Scizor wasn't known to be 'scouting' for too long at a time, and though I knew that a few primeape or mankey or whatever might only rustle his claws, still... I couldn't help but worry.

One of the fools had already charged towards the primeape with a pokémon before sizing up the situation... They don't hang from the trees like that without --
Ambush...

Kesshi had breathed in my direction just before the revelation.
Something about catching.. Yes... This would do, if the chance arose. It always did.
I gripped something at my belt and swung fast to the tree above --

A mankey fell behind him knocked out. The heal ball had struck it on its temple, but didn't even attempt to catch it.
It's good for something, at least... I thought to myself as a grin played across my features in the primeape's direction. I could see the sheen in their eyes that showed me their anger. I had seen through their little game.

This time, both of my arms whipped around at lightning speeds, extracting two of my pokéballs and lobbing them in directions towards the edge of the small clearing that engulfed the team. Skarmory burst forth from one of the pokéballs and Tyranitar from the other -- Both terribly awkward pokémon for use against fighting types in their own environment. Tyranitar, a behemoth of nigh thirteen feet, nearly crushed a tree simply by coming into existence. Skarmory whirled around a tree before I gave the first command to the both of them.

Pointing towards the sky, I called out the order -- "Tyranitar, whip up a sandstorm and let's see these monkeys fight on our terms!" Quickly turning to the friends on my team -- "Quick, cover your eyes, but pay close attention! This will mess with your sidearm visibility, but I doubt they'll score any hits on us either! It'll flush them from the trees, too, revealing their full numbers!" He had to catch his breath for a moment, the dust was settling in as Tyranitar channeled it at his side.

"If you've got rock, ground, or steel types, now's your chance to let 'em shine, they'll weather the storm! Resistance to fighting is a plus --" he glanced at Tyranitar, this was risky for him, being as large as he was and as weak as he was... "-- but trust your pokémon! Not their types!"

I whirled around to catch a glimpse of a very confused and angry set of monkey pokémon. They looked ready to raise hell, but we were certainly ready to give it to them.

A sandstorm rages across the field of battle!
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:01 pm

"If you've got rock, ground, or steel types, now's your chance to let 'em shine, they'll weather the storm! Resistance to fighting is a plus -- but trust your pokémon! Not their types!"
Tobias turns and sees a giant tyranitar summoning up a sandstorm which was drawing attention to more ferals from the side. Where the hell are these damn beasts coming from? The depths of hell? Tobias jumps off and shields his eyes from the sand. Once Tobias touched the ground, he realized how exhausting it was to keep Genius out this long, especially after that battle. The metagross grunts towards Toby to assure him that he can last one more time before he too, required rest.
Toby nods in return and commands Genius, "Help cover that tyranitar! Make sure to use your psychic abilities to keep him safe from those damn bastards!"
The steel legs retract into Genius' body into his hover form and he moves into the heart of the sandstorm right where the tyranitar should be. Hopefully..
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Zieg
Champion Noobite

Post by Zieg » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:00 pm

Joan squealed out, pointing up to one of the trees nearby. Jumping slightly, Vlad turns, shooting out a spout of flames from his mouth at the offending tree. A Mankey falls from it, burnt crisp.

"And so we have entered the monkey's nest." Dimitri watched the tree, making sure there are no long term flames in it's canopy. "Relax and keep moving Vlad."

"Back!" squeeks Joan. Dimitri turns, his pistol up in an instant, his legs spread. "Vlad, watch my back, they've surrounded us."

Bam. Bam bam. Two Mankeys down. Three bullets out. He heard another spout of fire behind him as Vlad tore apart the canopies of a pair of trees opposite the one already burnt. A rustle above...

Bam bam. Nothing. Two bullets wasted. 5 down. "Teddi!" Dimitri nodded as Joan moved down his arm. He thrust her up into the leaves, hearing a battle cry from her. A moment later, she came toppling back down, with a guest. Bam. Mankey dead before they hit the ground. Joan bounced, popping out of a roll. She quickly ran back up Dimitri's leg.

"Maaaaaag." Dimitri turned, seeing three Mankey rushing at Vlad, latching onto his body and striking him repeatedly. Fire licks his body again before a large burst of flames engulf his body, making a large plume. The three Mankey fall to the ground. "Magmar, I told you to take it easy." He pulls out a ball, taking back his Magmar. He pulls another, sending out his yellow humanoid, Freud.

"Freud, see how many are watching us still. Hypnotize them." Freud slowly nodded, holding his pendulum high in the air, starting to rock it back and forth. Dimitri held his pistol at eye level, turning slowly, Joan keeping an eye out from his shoulder still. A slow fall. Bam. Six bullets. One from another tree. Bam Bam. Eight bullets. "Freud, how many dreams?"

"Three, sir." is spoke clearly. Dimitri nodded, dropping his cartridge from the pistol, pocketing it and pulling out another, shoving it back in.

It was about this time that the wind started blowing.

He had moved himself away from the primary group somewhat, but was still effected by the sandstorm. He couldn't hear the yelling either, but identified the effects.

"Hypno, quick, put up a shield and incapacitate them. We need to keep moving." Holding his gun at his side, he starts moving down his self made path again. Hypno's eyes glow for a moment, and then it follows close behind him.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Freud :: Galileo :: Joan :: Vlad :: Alexander

"Hush my dear...
...Let the music fill the night...
...And soon it's all we hear"
- Kamelot: Ghost Opera

Daryll-The-Damned
Captain Caption

Post by Daryll-The-Damned » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:34 pm

"-- but trust your pokémon! Not their types!"

Lucky G caught the last of Maxwell's talk right as he caught up with the group. Buz had blasted a few mank's, but their numbers looked surprisingly few...especially from the description. A "cloud"? How could this be a "cloud"...Maybe it was some form of word for a group of 'em...

Just as he thought that, he looked up to see a huge Tyrannitar, and a shining silver bird. With a few swipes of his claw's, the giant beast began to stir up an especially large sandstorm. The wind was sharp, unrefined as it cut into his worn suit.

Shit, Buz-Ze won't be able to take this kinda heat. I need something tougher...but they said no big ones...but that Tyrannitar's HUGE...twink it man, I'll stick with speed over strength, for now.

"Alright Buz, ya did good. Catch some Z's while we bust some moves on these crazy apes."

Nodding, the Electibuzz closed his eyes and silently returned to the red and white ball Lucky G held. Taking another from the slot's inside his coat, G released it into the air with something of a flourish. Out came a blue and black furred creature that looked almost like a cross between a human and a canine.

"Master G, for what business do you release me from my dojo. It is not yet time for daily training." The pokemon spoke quietly, calmly, but with a knowledge of power and authority.

"Hey...Zen, I know it ain't time yet for training. We've got ourselves a fight, and I need ya to step up to tha plate, if ya know what I mean."

Silence, and then a nod. Calmly, quietly, even in the midst of battle he seemed at peace.
He assumed his stance, ready for any challenge. "If they will come, they will know defeat. If not, then they will know shame. I await with eager anticipation."
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pestilence :: Rocky the V :: Buz-Ze :: Zen :: The Kid:: Imperius

VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:39 pm

To the North

Ael barely managed to fly Tora out of the attack in time. It was generally frowned upon to expend any serious amounts of energy against an avian cloud - but apparently Kashim had no other missions on his mind for a long while. And what an expenditure that had been! It was the most damage that had ever been done to an avian cloud around Yarin, easily. Not bad, considering that Kashim had spread the drain enough that every poke had some fight left - not to mention whatever he hadn't sent out.

Tora began to glide in low circles. He was in no danger, as Kashim would not be directly gunning at that particular Pidgeot - but that's not how the flock would see it. No, instead, the few members that had lived, still addled whatever the ghost had done, would see Tora untouched by the fury of the assault. Ael doubted they'd ever need to fight this flock again.

But her relief was short lived as she looked northward. There was a bird, shining like steel. Why would a skaramory be here? Unless..."Oh, God, the Old Guard."

She quickly grabbed a small orb from her pack and broke it. It sparkled green, as a warning to the oncoming ADS and SDS members - disengage, retreat, the fight is over. Then, realizing that Kashim probably didn't know their flare signals, she swooped down to warn him. But seeing the dozens of corpses as she descended, a second thought entered behind her panic - "Could he do it...?"

To the South

The primeape quickly withers away under the assault of Lugosi. But before he can savor the victory, the old, club-wielding brute takes a swing. Normal and fighting type attacks can't hit ghosts...and yet Lugosi was sent flying backwards by the assault. Not dead yet, but one more hit and he could be. The Haunter could taste a touch of darkness on his wound.

But after that single attack, the sandstorm begins. The four other, smaller (though this is a relative term, they're bigger than any other primeape that has been seen before today) ones use the trees as cover, trying to use the attack for their own purposes. The old veteran goes to ground level and rushes toward the group. But the baby-faced primeape - still as insanely large as his weapon holding fellow - takes a more direct approach, leaping directly for the tyranitars head. His fist seems to glow as he approaches.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:04 pm

A sandstorm rages across the field of battle!!

A primeape leaped towards Tyranitar.
The sandstorm was not only good for his defense and special defense... But also for hiding his next move -- The Tyranitar's mouth was glowing as the primeape came within three body's length, an evil grimace played across his eyes.
"TYRANITAR, HYPER BEAM!!!" Maxwell yelled, knowing well the results of such a catastrophe.

Time itself suddenly seemed to stop as the planet registered what had just come to pass. Rocks levitated in the air due to the magnetic currents caused by the sheer concentration of raw energy. The sky hummed as vibrations from the beam rippled through it, shattering the skulls of some mankey shaped a certain way due to resonance. A dark brown and yellow cloud parted before the beam due to pressure differences within and without the energy-cage structure. The beam was twice as big around as the primeape and streamed right towards it at a speed rivaling that of a jolteon. Trees and boulders splintered behind Tyranitar as his anchor held, locking him to the ground as the hyper beam ripped through the area in front of him.

He would be spent, though.
Hyper beam always takes the full strength out of a pokémon. Well aware of this, Maxwell wasted no time having Skarmory cover the assault that would surely follow.
"SKARMORY, THROW YOUR FEATHERS INTO THE SANDSTORM! BLADE SHIELD ABOUT TYRANITAR, NOW!!"
Skarmory whirled a swath of his metal feathers in the direction of Tyranitar, but due to the magnetocurrents surrounding him the razor feathers entered into an electrostatic orbit about him instead of piercing him. The fighting types had to get close to take out the titan, but getting close would ensure they were shredded in the process. Primeape and Mankey can't use skills like Aura Sphere or Focus Blast, and there were no Lucario around, so this should offer strong deterrence to the swarm.

"Good, Skarmory, make sure --" a mankey jumped for Maxwell at nigh point blank range!
SKRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTT!!! was the only sound everyone heard. A metal reverberation rang out across the battlefield and both the mankey, now behind Maxwell, and Maxwell stood stunned, unsure as to what had happened.

The mankey collapsed into four pieces.
"Scizor..."

Maxwell finally came to, realizing that Scizor had just saved his life for the umpteenth time.
He grinned, knowing that the tides had changed in their favor yet again.

"Scizor, prepare yourself for the coming battle..." Maxwell spoke softly, then yelling "Skarmory! Defensive position around Tyranitar, keep him standing while he recharges!"
Energy ripples began etching themselves across Scizor's carapace. Bolts of raw energy arced across his blades and he hunched, ever lower towards the ground. Red swords of energy began revolving around his form, lacing themselves into his claws, wings, and entire body. His wings twitched and he eyed the monkey pokémon with unadulterated ire. No one would take from him HIS trainer, who was as much a brother as he was a father and a friend.
This swords dance would take them all...

A sandstorm rages across the field of battle!!
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

VZCabetardo
Champion Noobite

Post by VZCabetardo » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:41 pm

Raijou still hungered, Zucco could feel the rampaging feral inside his Manectric, the lust for violence and pride was something that Raijou had lived with since it became a feral and would live that way until it drew the last breath.
Raijou was barely controllable in that state, only Zucco's stern commands were able to calm the beast down and only temporarily. He knew Raijou would fight until it was too tired to move or the enemies were all dead.

The behemoth that had stirred the sand storm just used Hyperbeam, it definately didn't calm Raijou down, the Manectric was about to head for one of the Primeapes in the trees, sparks jumping from it's mane, Zucco knew this would end up in a very gruesome battle.
"I won't tell you to calm down because it is pointless by now... But do try to avoid harming those on our side Raijou"
The calm voice seemed to go unheard by the almost feral pokemon but then a low growl simply acknowledged the trainer.

In a flash of yellow, Raijou was gone, Two of them appearing at either side of the tree. The four rabid wolves angrily howled at the Primeape which simply observed. In a fit of rage, four thunder bolts sprawled towards the lone tree. The sandstorm hid the result of the attack, while the four Raijou's kept howling at the now smoking tree...
ImageImageImageImage

Kaome Sky Deathand
Assessor of the Black Tontine

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:41 pm

Kashim was tired.
If he was tired, he knew they would be as well.
The truck had stalled after Kashim blew through the murder, more than likely a pidge or two stuck in the massive intake on the front. The driver door was booted open and Kashim stepped out onto the grass. With a casual glance at the bodies dosed around him, the military dog drew his blade in casual motion. The finely honed edge sang out as it cleared the scabbard. Blade in hand, Kashim walked around the drivers side of the truck, a keen eye inspecting for any major damage, before clambering in over the back. One very tired Beedrill greeted him. A tired, but stalwart Marowak saluted with his Bone pike. Kashim returned with a simple nod before grasping a small black ball at his belt. He thumbed the activation stud and pointed it at the prone creature.

"Stand relieved proud warrior of the Hive. A soldiers rest."
The bug hummed and slowly turned over, saluting meekly with one bladed appendage.
"Th-Thank you my Queen."
The red beam recalled the poke'mon into the ball, marked by a drop of poison, which was then replaced on the warriors belt. Kashim glanced at Grimm before speaking. "Still standing warrior?" The Marowak nodded and tapped his Bone weapon on the truck. "Very well." Kashim turned looking for the two remaining out. The ghost he found phasing back into the visible realm with some message on his lips. Kashim held a hand up, silencing him before he started, and held his right hand up in a clenched fist. A slam of thrown earth behind him made the truck shrudder under the close impact. Kashim turned to find his gaze equal to a lowered head with orbs of fire. The Rage had gripped her. She was tired and hurt with a dozen of minor scores. Pyre blew smoke into his face. Kashim ignored it.

Before any words could be offered, a streak of color marred the sky.
It was green. Custom to red or orange smoke from the military, Kashim was slightly confused by the sign, but it meant something. He turned his attention to the ghost. "Report Vorpalus." Kashim returned his gaze skyward. Several straggling birds marred the sky a slight glimmer...metal? and the incoming form of a rather large avian and a rider. The shade explained.

"The attack was a success Commander, the murder is sufficiently scattered and probably wont be at Battalion strength for at least a year. The approaching rider..." He pointed. "...is from the city. As for that..." He pointed off into the distance. "...I know not. It was too far for me to gather on without extended leave." Kashim noted the last remark and tapped a ball at his waist. "A moments respite?" The shade seemed to sigh, but nodded. Thumbing the tab, this ball marked with eyes and a swirl, the ghost vanished in a red hue and then sat snug on the belt hook.

Two down, Kashim weighed his options, then, with a brief glance at Pyre and a hand motion to stand fast for both of his remaining warriors, he waited for the avian rider to come closer.
Cruor Vult

Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion,
simultaneously the source of our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness.

Soon we shall be One...joined in the Word.

Daryll-The-Damned
Captain Caption

Post by Daryll-The-Damned » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:12 am

A resounding boom shook the earth. The (not so) jolly green giant had loosed a solid beam of pure energy of a magnitude that could only be described as monumental. The blazing white light, blinding to anyone that would look upon it, had an unearthly feel, almost being beyond that of mortal means. This was truly a titan of ancient times, grandoise and of power to great to compare.

Lucky G felt none of this. All he knew, was that that heavy hitter had threw out what most save as a final resort. That guy was using three poke's at once, and while they had the element of surprise, sooner or later that kinda drain will catch up, and then the rest of this little shin-dig party better get their act together and fast. G had seen that scarface hit that haunter away with a casual backhand. No way would he let his pokemon get in range of that crap. Let that big guy take care of those freak's of nature, he would focus on the "normal" Ape's.

Neglecting the gun in his back pocket, he casually flicked out one of his blades. He didn't think he would be able to do much against these fighter types, but anything was better then nothing, and he had something. He might need a little more then that though...how about...His other hand reached into the side of his coat, grabbing one of the shrunk pokeball's he kept there. Flicking it out without even looking where it was going, he scanned the area for those hiding Mank's.

"Ah Geez boss, why ya gotta be dragging me out here in this crap. You know I hate sandstorms, all getting sand mixed up in me body." The personified blob of toxic waste complained loudly as he was released, but the complaint's quickly disappeared as he surveyed the situation.

"Put a lid on it ya mook. Here's the plan man, Zen here will work on the offense and first strike. Hit those Ape's hard and fast, and then move on. Me and the Pest here will work on defense and clean-up crew. We'll pick off any you don't finish. Can ya'll dig it?" Both the canine-headed humanoid and the blob of waste nodded (A skill the Pest had perfected on a whim) "Zen, you have my permission to use any techniques you feel you'll need to do the job and stay alive. Pest, keep off the hightox gas, we've got allies in this fight and they won't have immunities. Otherwise, go all out."

The Canine bowed, then double-teamed toward's the tree's fast as blue lightning. Lucky G took his blade in one hand, and the gun in the other, unlatching the safety as he did so. "Come on then Pest my boy, time ta rock 'n roll."
Last edited by Daryll-The-Damned on Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:02 pm

Genius pushes forward deep into the sandstorm while scanning the area. Hues of colors vibrate through the air indicating where certain masses are and what is going on, this is the world that Genius lives in. Medium sized discolored sources, most likely primeapes that managed to fight through the storm, move through the sandstorm which was similar to a dead channel on television.
"Growr...", Genius hums as he finds the pokémon that summoned up the storm. The air was so disorienting that Genius had to use most of his brain power to clean up the haze. Left to right, discolored masses appear to be struggling towards something. As Genius' eyes slowly turn to find the source, a large brown mass takes up his entire view. His eyes blinks like a shutter to clarify the target and the mass creates a Tyranitar. The pokémon's registration clicks into Genius and he soaks in the information...
*Click*
"Ssss..."
A mechanical voice rings in the air..
"Tyranitar, the Armor Pokémon
Classified as a hig--

The voice, time, and everything else around Genius stops. This moment in time was familiar, Genius recalculates the situation once more and his eyes revert back on the large mass. Genius understood what was going to happen even though the image wasn't even clear, it was the worst thing possible for a Tyranitar do in this situation..Including everything around him. Genius quickly clamps and digs his arms into the ground as the Tyranitar musters his strength to bring down a cataclysm upon ferals. The Hyper Beam eradicates everything that it collided. Earth, Pokémon, and everything else was gone.. And Genius shuts his eyes waiting for everything to clear..
*Click*
The world opens up to Genius in slits, then in full view. The earth that he secured himself on was brittle, it was a miracle that the shock didn't blow him away to oblivion. Genius pulls one of his arms up, then the other, and finally his hind legs. He shakes his head and recollects everything that had just occurred. The orders from his master, Tobias, rings into his head, "Help cover that tyranitar! Make sure to use your psychic abilities to keep him safe from those damn bastards!"
His mind gets into gear and Genius' eyes glow with a hue of yellow and orange rather than blue. The sandstorm picks up speed and stacked with the psychic power generated from him, the storm definitely becomes stronger compared from before. And in the world Genius sees, the discolored masses began to pull together..
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Sabertooth
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Sabertooth » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:57 pm

Will pulls his hat over his head at the sight of the hyper beam. He hadn't actually battled in years, but he remembered that Aegis or Exodus could definitely withstand a sandstorm. He reached into the right pocket of his khaki pants and pulled out the pokeball. It enlarged in his hand, and he tossed it forward.

"Rhyyyydonnnn!" The pokemon roared as it was released from the pokeball. It looked at the damage done by the Hyper Beam. He observed everyone guarding the Tyranitar.

Will could spot a few mankeys coming towards them, and motioned at them with his cane. Aegis took off at them, bashing one with his arm, sending it flying. He turned around quick enough to observe more coming towards him. He dove forward towards the group of mankeys with a devastating horn drill.

The mankeys leaped at the horn, presuming it was Aegis' weak point. As their palms went to grab the drill they were quickly spun off and ripped apart.

Aegis stood back up, and turned back towards the Tyranitar.

Daryll-The-Damned
Captain Caption

Post by Daryll-The-Damned » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:50 pm

The green shadows played lazily over the forest earth. Watched with knowing eyes, they could tell worlds of information, reservoirs that spoke volumes to any who knew how and where to look. And there was one among those shadows that day, who indeed knew where to look. He flitted, as free and calm as the air that breathed through those shadows, from tree to tree.

Silent Wind rises. Into the Darting Shadow. A warriors death.

There were those who ran through these trees. Those who slinked as sly as snakes through them as well. And those who moved not at all, yet among these trees they still remained, frozen in the last repose. Their eye's betraying little but peace, and tranquility that transcended the brutal and unforgiving end to which they had succumbed. All these and more he saw from these shadows. Until at last he saw what he needed. Silent as the still earth, he dropped from these trees, and made his prescence known.

Sunburst in Shadow. Lion shall meet the Monkey. Victory assured.

There was...no time to react. The blur of blue and gold was just that, a blur, to most of the mankey who had the misfortune of being in his way. Even for those who saw him, could see past the illusions of double-team, they fared little better. A slow feint into the killing blow. A block which turned the attack against itself. A kick that knew no quarter. Yet, he was not completely untouched by this fierce and cold dance that echoed through the forest turned battlefield. A blow here, a kick there, alone they would be nothing to a seasoned fighter such as himself, but together they sung a tune no warrior may outlast. He could not keep this up forever. It was time to retreat. He had done his duty...for the time being. The ferals in the area were weakened, now the Wanderer and his pet could finish them.

Rest us now on earth. The battle is not yet done. Yet my master calls.

His eyes closed to the carnage around him, nonetheless he saw its aura clearly. This forest would not soon forget the blood that now stained it's ground, nor would any inhabitants. He did not lament bloodshed, even of his own kin, when they had turned feral. But even so, to take such life...was not without meaning. He knew this well, as did the Wanderer. Knowing this he released the cleansing breath, rose up, and dashed from those green shadows now playing lazily over blood-soaked dirt and broken bodies. Not once did he look back.

Return to “Pokémon”