Yarin: Perimeter

Dive into the world of Karud and explore Pokémon like you've (maybe) never seen them before! This RP is currently headed by our resident hitogoroshi with assistance from the typical Kaome and Rising_Dusk.
VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Yarin: Perimeter

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:00 pm

Kota lead the group into the sun. It was mid-day. Quickly bustling through back alleys, they soon arrived south of Yarin's gate. A large shipping container was waiting for them. "Lowell figured he'd get at least a couple of you, so we prepared this in advance. Standard ADS extended leave packs - TAS ones would be better, but...you know. Now, mister windup soldier Kesshi, give them the specs while I pass out the bags."

Kesshi did not even register that had been insulted. "A large supply of dehydrated food suitable for both human and pokemon consumption, and water purification devices, both tablet and solar based. Two pokeballs. 2 potions - just the normal, weak kind we can make ourselves. Flare gun and standard sidearm - not the best gun ever, but good for picking off weak ferals. A few clips of ammunition. Hunting Knife and hammer. A few other assorted survival supplies. Personal pod tent."

Kota nodded. "AND we've included a gift. We found a Zigzagoon nest, full of stuff pinched way before the collapse. It included an entire box's worth of Heal Balls. So if you ever lose or abandon one of your six - or if you have less - you can weaken one, catch it, and it'll be at full power. There's one per pack, but if you've got the type who's in ultra-love with all six, ask them for theirs." He laughed. "But where you're going, I can't see anyone making it out alive with all their pokes standing."

Kesshi could barely imagine being one of those people. He could kind of understand - there was the pride of having caught Sharp as a Spearow and raising him through, and of course he liked Rit very much. But his other four pokemon had been caught by the TAS and given to him. He could form short kinships with them, but ultimately the mission was more important than any of them.

If he had to sacrifice Rit, though...yeah, he could understand someone feeling like that for all six. But that kind of attitude would be a burden, once the heat was turned up. He wondered what would happen next.

"Oh, and Kesshi...Lowell didn't want to do this until you were already set, but here." He passed him a nondescript black box.

Kesshi gasped. "That's-"

Kota put a finger to his lips. "Lowell said it's your judgment on when to use that. Don't tell anyone else." His job done, he ran back into Yarin to report to Felix, the leader of the SDS.

"Let's go," Kesshi said, drawing his sidearm. "Don't wanna fly with these avians. We're going at walking speed - Mankeys will gang up on big or fast pokes. Take out a little one to use as defense, and just walk calmly south." But having said that, he did not take out a pokemon himself. He had some extra ammo in his uniform, and Kesshi had quite a bit of experience shooting Mankeys.

Kaome Sky Deathand
Assessor of the Black Tontine

Re: Yarin: Perimeter

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:39 pm

"Sword." The armored figure in the back of the truck handed it to him with something like reverence.
Kashim clipped the twenty-seven inch weapon to his belt. It's weight was reassuring to have. The blade was dull silver, but the edges looked like the length of lining on a suns rise. The grip was black, as was the leather sheath the weapon was slung in. He had a sidearm, a nail-driver of a .45, but the ammo was piss poor to come by so he hardly ever drew the thing out of his holster except to clean it. Two flashers on the back, left side completed the weapon belt. Pouches adorned it, filled with trinkets and tripets of all manner, from binding wire to fire starter.

"Grimm..." He said motioning to the Marowak. "...take down the siding canvas and prep your bag. You'll provide cover with Venom..." Speaking of. Kashim gripped one of the black balls that hung on the belt as well. This one was etched with a green drop of poison that held the faint tracings of a melting skull on the inside. He popped the tab and in moments a Beedrill hovered before him. "YEZZ MY QUEEEN!" The creature held its twin arms sharply at present. "Venom, Vorpalus will update you fully on the brief, but you will provide cover from the cab roof of the truck. Grimm will assist you if they get closer than we like. Just focus on your missile technique." He paused for a moment. "That is all." The bug saluted sharply.... "YEZZ MY QUEEEN!" ...before hovering over the cab and ratcheting it's legs into suitable position, back arched, blades in the air, eyes alive. Kashim nodded in approval.

"I don't suppose you will commit the Demon or Wrath to this endeavor?"
Kashim shook his head. "Not unless I have to." He gestured to the Beedrill. "You have a brief. Then join me in the cab." The shade 'hmmed' and joined the bug on the roof before beginning the brief of the mission. Kashim took this time to nudge Pyre. The Behemoth Wyrmling standing guard over the group. "I don't suppose they would listen to me." The wyrm scoffed. When she spoke, it was in a voice that was backed by the flames of hell. "You had to try...not that it did you any good, but you had to try." He nodded. "You know your part." She nodded. "Hang back...blaze through them when they scatter and break off. Rinse. Repeat. Until they scatter to the four winds or lie dead." She smiled a toothy smile. "At the very least everyone will eat well tonight." Kashim let a small smile steal across his face. "I don't think they run the same tastes we do Pyre...but they won't be joining us." She turned on him. "We aren't staying?" He shook his head again. "No, we break through and get the hell back on the road to Keo." She eyed him through slits. "And leave them as they left us?" He sighed. "I know what you want me to do Pyre. These are good people, but they don't trust me. I can't protect them if they are going to turn around and plunge a dagger in my back." She took a step closer and leaned her head down. "They aren't the same as in Keo Kashim, They aren't the same." He held up his hand. "That remains to be seen. Same suits, same mind." She shrugged. "You lead, I'll follow you know that..." She glanced to the sky. "...but not everyone wants to kill you Kashim." She took to the air and left the conversation at that.

Kashim closed his eyes and cleared his mind.
Death was coming. Whos had yet to be determined.
Cruor Vult

Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion,
simultaneously the source of our greatest strength, and our greatest weakness.

Soon we shall be One...joined in the Word.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:19 pm

He sat and listened to the debrief, disinterested by the prospect of capturing new pokémon on the fly. There was so much talk about deaths and so forth, but he had no one expendable on his team, unquestionably so. He knew that a vast majority of the team wasn't trained for this type of battling, guerrilla warfare was not their specialty. Only two had tasted the ferals and killed so far, but other than that...

He wrenched at the thought.
There had to be some way to access it... Even without the internet, there had to be a way....
He remembered his old pokédex...

Snapped out of it momentarily, he noticed the pack at his feet.
A heal ball, 2 pokéballs, and 2 potions. The rest of it was helpful, but he had learned to live without such amenities. Nice that they supplied them, though. He heard briefly the mention of mankeys and primeapes, formidable foes when they gang up -- Which they always do. Nothing slow would suffice here, fighting pokémon are incredibly strong against Tyranitar, and he didn't want to be tiring them all out at once. He had a promise to keep in any case.

A golden pokéball grew in size in his hand.
He lobbed it to his side where it bounced once before exploding in a brilliant flash --
Scizor made no noise whatsoever upon being summoned. He only nodded at Maxwell and stretched, like he normally did. When you train forever outside of that ball, it takes some getting used to when you go back inside. At least, that's what Violet tells me for what it's worth.

"Gold." The scizor snapped to his own semblence of attention before Maxwell. "Double team and see if you can't gauge what lies before us. If you are spotted, lure them off or kill them all. You will not fail."
Scizor nodded, understanding well the orders. He scrawled a picture into the dirt at his feet and appeared to teleport off into the treeline. Of course, he didn't teleport, he'd just like everyone to think he did.

Maxwell looked at the scrawled figure once and then brushed it away before any others could see it.
Godspeed, Scizor...
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Vinnam
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by Vinnam » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:24 pm

Giacomo gazed out over the plain, watching the fast approach of the Mankey horde as Kesshi explained the situation. Simple-minded cretins... Those Ferals wouldn't know what hit them. He pulled a Pokeball off his belt, pressed the release catch on the front, and threw it at the ground in front of him. Out of it emerged Lugosi, appearing in a small cloud of purple smoke that condensed into it's body.

Lugosi playfully did a few flips in the air until it saw the approaching dust cloud. Upon seeing the horde of Mankeys, it's eyes glazed over and the eternal grin of happiness it usually had turned into an evil smirk.

"Can I toy with them, Master, can I? I promise not to keep them all to myself this time, honest..."

Giacomo shivered slightly, but regained his composure quickly. He always got nervous that Lugosi would just up and decide he didn't want a master once he got immersed in his battling personality. So far, it hadn't happened, but there was a first time for everything.

"Watch out for others, Lu. There's some friends battling with us today."

As if seeing them for the first time, Lugosi turned and surveyed the others who were assembled. It made a playful gesture at the group, seemingly unimpressed. "I can't make any promises if they get in front of me, boss... Hehehehehehe..."

Sighing, Giacomo waved dismissively at Lugosi to position itself in front of him. Once it was in front of him, Giacomo nodded to the other assembled trainers who would be fighting alongside him as they tore a path to Jin.

"Ready when you are."
Trainer: Brendan Creed
ImageImageImage
Lineup: Noir & Batista

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:40 pm

Tobias' eyes became a sliver as he walked out of that stuffy, dim room. Pandora comes around behind and stretches in the open air. He notices that everyone is pulling out their pokémon. And he bumps into a pack that is carrying materials necessary for the journey to Jin.

"Dayum"

He shuffles through the backpack to pull out a Heal Ball. He chuckles to himself, "Hey Pan', found a little something in case trouble happens, 'kay?" Pandora sniffs the pokéball and moves away from it. Toby chuckles again and snags the Heal Ball onto his belt.
Tobias brings out his own pokéball, and calls out a Metagross. A light flashes and a steel behemoth lays on the grass trying to recalculate where it is and what the situation. His eyes warp into different colors and a set small distinct pupils points at Mankey horde.

"I got a job for ye', Genius. You know what to do, correct?" The steel pokémon nods and begins to curl up. Tobias climbs on to Genius' back, Genius starts to hover into the air and begins to meditate for the ferals..
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

VZCabetardo
Champion Noobite

Post by VZCabetardo » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:18 am

Not twenty seconds had passed since he came out and Zucco already felt the pokeball throbbing inside his hakama.

"Always rushing it Raiju..."

Moving as slowly as his body allowed him, Zucco moved his hand inside the large internal right pocket and drew Raiju's Pokeball, moving even slower before pressing the center button.
Raiju immediately moved forward, lurching towards Zucco's side just in time to dodge the bag that was tossed by the soldier.
Hearing the supply list Zucco realized he would have to carry all of it except the gun. Picking up the huge bag he slung it over his shoulder after taking out the gun and placing it at his feet along with the bullets.
Zucco could feel Raiju's desire to head out and fight, the pokemon ached to go and have a couple bites of fresh mankey meat.

"Don't tire yourself, we have a long trip and I will be needing you often, have your meal if you will but I really expect you to follow orders."

Raiju simply nodded in agreement although it was clear he wasn't happy. The pokemon stood by his trainer's side, ready to head calmly toward's the pack's direction.
Zucco gave a nod to the boy with the Haunter and waited for the other trainers.
ImageImageImageImage

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:20 pm

The trees whirled past; he was fast, unseen, mobile.
Silent, wind rushing over steel, gold, a flash, a tree marked, a bush cut, a whirlwind devastating.

"Mankmank..?"
The wind parted, I saw, it was surprised, it didn't move, it didn't see.
Behind, I was behind, quiet, fast, precise.

"SCCIIIIIIIII!!!"
The mankey was struck twice in the frame of a single second, one blow puncturing the lungs from behind and the other causing its jugular to erupt in a fountain of gore. It could no more scream a warning to the others as it could sustain its own life at this point. It faded... And Scizor was gone once more.
Image Image Image Image
"Mankmank?" "Mankeeeeey?" "PRIME! PRIME APEPRIME!"
It signaled to the others to form a perimeter, something had happened nearby and he had no idea as to what.
Silent, quiet, in the tree, on the ground, behind the bush, a flash, a light, a chill down your spine, a fleeting sensation.
A moment, a twitch, a hesitation, an opportunity --

ImageImage
ImageImage
This time without a sound, Scizor whirled twice on the back-turned Mankey at the perimeter, eviscerating both of its arms clean from its body.
"MAAAAAAAANNNNNNKKKKEEE--"
It was silenced by a metal claw down its throat and through the back of its head.
He made no attempt to avoid detection at this point. A small smirk played across his features.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
It was infuriated. The primeape barreled towards Scizor at top speeds.

It rages, it makes mistakes, it prays for an opening --
A whirlwind played across the area before Scizor and the primeape stopped dead in its tracks -- as if had seen a ghost.
It falls.

The primeape splintered at its joints and blood spurted forth from over a dozen incisions across its body.
"Prriii..." It collapsed onto the forest floor in a crumbled mass of bone, sinew, and its innards. Scizor turned towards the remaining two mankey.

"MAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNKK!!!!"
They screamed in unison and bolted into the forest in opposite directions. Scizor had no intention of chasing them, they were of no threat to anything without their fearless leader.
Into the forest, into the pit, into the devil's precipice...
And Scizor was gone once more.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Kaome Sky Deathand

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:01 pm

His eyes opened as he was spoken to. "Venom is ready to die for you my Queen."
Kashim slowly turned his head to face Vorpalus and gazed at him deadpan. "What?" The ghost paused for a moment confused by its commanders gaze before it dawned on him. "I did it again didn't I..." the creature sighed. Kashim just shook his head and suppressed a small chuckle by clearing his throat. The city was in a hustle and a bustle, it looked like...
"The people are evacuating into their tombs, preferring to lose themselves in the dark than ever see what is destroying all their hopes and dreams. They pretend not to notice, as if they don't stand on annihilations edge and gaze into the abyss that gazes into them." Kashim had unfolded a map on the hood of the truck in consult. He tacked on his own two cents. "They want to wish it all away, out of sight, out of mind. Regardless it is going to happen, no matter what they do, no matter where they go, there is nothing they can do to stop it." He folded up the map and stuffed it in his vest. "Better they die...than live in constant fear. A human unwilling to stand and defend their own homes and lives has no value in this world."

The ghoul said nothing.
"Time to go." Kashim hopped up into the truck and was joined by the specter in the cab. It was a simple enough matter to open a window to speak with Grimm and Venom. "Grimm, keep a weather eye. Give Pyre the 'Hammer Falls' signal when things get thick. Try and hold on to something in between exchanges, I'll be pulling some Crazy Ivans to ward off bomb dives. I'll honk before each one. Listen for it." The Marowak said nothing, only nodding. Venom spoke for both of them with a resounding; "IT ZZZHALL BE DONE MY QUEEEN!" Kashim ignored it, having been referred to as 'My Queen' from the Beedrill for over a decade. At least it ensured loyalty. "Look..." the shade gestured out the window.
Day gave way to false twilight for a moment as the avians swept forward.

"What's the old adage?"
Vorpalus gave Kashim an inquisitive gaze.
"Pack a dogs....kindle of kittens..." He started the engine. "...murder of crows."
With a rumble the truck lurched into life. Kashim stuck his arm out the window and twirled his index finger like a gyro thrice. A roar from the sky answered his movement and the truck rolled out toward the avian murder. As the first forward precursors came into range and shrieked their own names, Kashim punched the roof.
"OPEN FIRE!"

Venom clicked it's mandibles in anticipation. Feathered foes fearlessly flew forward into finality before him. Any moment. He locked his arms into position. The truck was moving. Any moment. There! A few forward feathered fools fishing for failure. He adjusted slightly, finding better grip. Any moment. Please....please...pleasepleaseplease.
"OPEN FIRE!"
"FOR THE HIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVEEEE!" The insect roared before unleashing a punishing salvo of needle-like missiles into his unfortunate foes.
Cruor Vult

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:50 pm

Gordon turned upon Kesshi - "So, Mankeys are not exactly brilliant?"
"Uh, yeah, they're not shrewd..."
Ok, then. Knowing that and some about the pokemon rock-paper-scizzors, this should wo- WOAH!Image
"Ugh. I'm happy to see you too, Skunk." - sighed Gordon,
after the crazy Koffing almost tumbled him over, jumping out the pokeball.

"Now listen. Our first battle in this struggle is coming. Packs of Mankeys will be charging on us. Here's the plan."
" Kooffff-..Khoofin? " - the Koffing sounded questioning.
"Don't go melee range with them. Poison and daze them with your fumes from afar. Leave the mankeys aside, in caustic gases, if needed. The Primeapes are the main focus, if their down, the mob shall scatter. I'd recommend you to "prepare" them for taking out, while leaving the final blow for other pokemon and people, accompanying you in the fight."
Skunk farted approvingly.
So here it starts...

Zieg
Champion Noobite

Post by Zieg » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:01 pm

As the others were collecting their supplies, Dimitri came up from the bunker area, his outfit changed. His red hair still stuck out, showing him as a member of the TAS, quite possibly one of the last, but he was out of uniform, in cargo pants, a long sleeve shirt, and a red vest instead.

His bag was much smaller than the others, his equipment held in pockets and pouches on his belt instead. His pokeballs were all on the inside of his vest, just under his arm. In the open on his waist was his hunting knife and pistol, in a bit better condition than the others.

Working his way forward, he found Kesshi, standing about 15 feet away, pulling out a small spyglass and holding it to one eye. "I suppose we should move up a bit to keep them away from here, eh?"

He put his spyglass away, pulling out his pistol in one hand, and two balls in the other. He lightly tossed them in front of him. Joan, the small bear, popped out first, growling and showing her claws. Beside her, and much taller, the glowing red Vlad stood, flames licking off of it's hands and tail.

"Joan, I want you on my shoulder, to keep an eye out. Vlad, there are Mankey's ahead, and some Primapes. It's a forest though, so I want moderation from you. Got that?"

The Magmar mumbles, looking forward. "Mod - er -...." it makes a motion like a sigh. "Care-ful." He turns to Dimitri, getting a nod from him. Joan climbs her way up Dimitri's vest, holding onto his left shoulder, leaving his right arm free to shoot. The three proceed forward, looking back at Kesshi.

"And you be careful too." he said over his shoulder. Joan waved as they entered the trees.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Freud :: Galileo :: Joan :: Vlad :: Alexander

"Hush my dear...
...Let the music fill the night...
...And soon it's all we hear"
- Kamelot: Ghost Opera

Daryll-The-Damned
Captain Caption

Post by Daryll-The-Damned » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:38 pm

Lucky G went through the pack that Kota had given each of them.

Food...Water purification, pokeballs? Potions...Flare gun that's useful...--

He pulled out the handgun that was in each pack. Looking at it, he almost threw it away, but instead he merely heaved a mental sigh and after checking the safety, stuck it in the back of his pants. He didn't like it...but there were alot of things he didn't like about these days.

Don't wanna fly with these avians. We're going at walking speed - Mankeys will gang up on big or fast pokes. Take out a little one to use as defense, and just walk calmly south

Mankey, eh? Don't want to be getting to close then... How about...

He pulled one of the pokeballs in his coat, pressed the button to extend and then tossed it casually out in front of him.

Image"Electibuzz!"

"Hey, Buz-Ze. Here's the scoop Bman, we've got a swarm of those monkey mankey to get through, and they ain't the ripest banna's in the bunch, if ya catch my drift. That kid over there say's if we keep to our feet and don't make a rucus, we should be able to get through without to much interference. Yer out 'cause if we DO get some interference, I'd rather deal with it from a safe distance then up close 'n personal, know what I mean?"

The Electibuzz nodded and started swirling his arms, beginning a built up of electrical charge.

"Hey man, save it till we hit the action, K?" Shaking his head, Lucky G started off after the other's.
Last edited by Daryll-The-Damned on Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pestilence :: Rocky the V :: Buz-Ze :: Zen :: The Kid:: Imperius

VZCabetardo
Champion Noobite

Post by VZCabetardo » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:03 pm

Zucco and Raiju advanced calmly, casually walking towards the dust cloud that rose above a thick forest.
It was obvious Raiju was struggling not to lose himself in blind hunger. He could be a trained Pokemon but his feral instincts were not completely forgotten, he lustered for meat... and a fight...
"Don't."
That's the only word that came out of Zucco's lips, he might be calm but he was able to impose himself over Pokemon and men alike with a simple word.
They were barely a hundred meters away from the forest and the fighting was quite obvious, the sounds of dieing Mankeys clinging to their lives, furious Primeapes trying to control a useless army. This was a war and Zucco could only be part of it in order to make it stop.

Raiju charged immediately when 3 Mankeys came ramming towards him. With a casual static discharge he was able to slow two of them while he lunged towards the one in front, a powerful bite ripped a leg apart, the Mankey falling to the floor.
The other two had caught up and where aiming karate chops towards Raiju. Dodging one of them but taking the other Raiju was immediately taken aback, they could be dumb and weak but they were fighting Pokemon after all. They both charged again, aiming jump kicks towards Manectric. In a desperate effort, Raiju used a sand attack to blind both of the mankeys and make them miss. Still blinded, the mankeys simply stood there, rubbing their eyes and becoming perfect targets for Raiju.

Enraged by their boldness hitting him, Raiju discharged a powerful Thundershock on them immediately frying both of their bodies, the Mankeys simply twitched as life left their blackened bodies.
"Raiju I said control yourself..."
Zucco's remark made Manectric calm itself but his aggressiveness was something that would never be totally controlled, especially under pressure.

With that, Raiju headed towards the dismembered mankey and started eating the raw meat of the Pokemon. The karate chop had not done too much harm, just a sore front leg and a bashed ego.
After taking a few bites, Zucco and Raiju continued walking towards the forest.
"This time, try not to get hit, and especially, don't overreact."
Raiju merely howled, he was obviously not happy...
ImageImageImageImage

Kaome Sky Deathand

Post by Kaome Sky Deathand » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:04 am

"It would seem..." the shade replied to Kashims muttered cursing. "...that we alone hold this front Commander."
"TELL ME SOMETHING I DON'T..." A long honk erupted as the military dog slammed his hand on the horn and then pulled an abruptly sharp right. In the back of the troop truck a phlegmatic Marowak nonchalantly took hold of a hand rail and dispatched a diving Pidge with a well placed bone shank into the cerebrum. It, for the most part ignored the incessant chattering of its counterpart and the scrambled dialogue of its commanding officer.

"...KNOW!"
As if someone hit a switch, there was a distinct lack of high pitched noise that could only mean....
"HAMMER FALLS! HAMMER FALLS!" Kashim screamed, thrusting his hand out the window and waking a fist three times in rapid succession. The roar was almost swallowed by the shrieks and sound of wings, but the acrid stench of burning feathers and charred meat assaulted the senses of the veteran, telling a tale of numerous kills and ringing with the discord of hallow victory.

Pyre saw the signal and roared.
In the air, she pulled into a tight corkscrew, then, while keeping a level trajectory, she let the fire spill out of her mouth and gullet and ignite the spiral of air around her in flames. The move was devastating, Pidges of all shapes and sizes and evolutions literally exploded into fried bits. Those closest popped like kernels, their bodies combusting into nothingness while those further away were either burnt to death or managed to escape horribly singed only to fall victim to backlash and gravity. Taxed, Pyre retreated after the pass and banked, heading back toward the city, thankful the truck followed.

"Back I see..." Kashim honked again and then threw the truck sideways, greeted with a puff of dirt as an over large pidge implanted itself into the ground. "Do something useful and shove this thing down Venoms gullet." The soldier removed a small purplish box out of his right breast pocket and tossed it to the specter with almost casual disdain before taking the wheel in both hands. The Haunter chuckled. "I daresay you have your moments commander..." sticking the hand with the ether out the window, Vorpalus ghosted out the roof and hovered next to the very tired looking Beedrill.

"Can'ttt....tooo...tired...muzzznot...fail...not fail....The Queen...Defend...HIVE!"
Defiant, the insect unleashed a short burst into an incoming wave, deterring it only for a moment.
That moment was long enough. The creature of shadow held the object before the bug and then proceeded to ram it down its throat. Sputtering at first, the insect thought madness and turned its multi-faceted eyes, via head, toward the ghost and spat. "YOU ARE A WRETCH!" The ghost shrugged.
"Defend the Hive." he sort of suggested before vanishing back into the cab with that fangish grin.
"Yezz...YEZZ!" Venom retrained his arms, scrambling for a better grip before firing once more.
"DEFEND THE HIVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE!"

Birds fell in droves.
Cruor Vult

Sabertooth
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Sabertooth » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:55 pm

He looked about as everyone secured themselves with their Pokemon somehow.

"Mankeys will gang up on big or fast pokes" he had thought the man had said. Aegis is Exodus were not fast, but they were big. He would have to rely on the others for this part of the trip.

He felt horrible at the moment. He couldn't even help defend against the avians; there was no way in hell his Rhydons would suddenly learn to fly. And he himself was defenseless -- if he needed to call Aegis or Exodus out now, they would surely attract more ferals.

He looked ahead, watching the young boy mount his Metagross. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Lucky-G run past. Maybe he should get closer to the group too. He lifted up his cane and jogged forward.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:57 pm

"Meta....GROSSS"

Genius retracts his arms from a crushed Mankey. Then he turns around and swipes several more away then dazing them with a ray of light. Genius' eyes glow in a hue of blue and the dazed pokémon were blown away back into the forest. Then more furious beast are attracted to the massive form of Genius.

"Genius! Pull back with the others, we can't stay 'ere any longer."
"Grossss.."
Genius grunts in agreement but before he can attain his form, a Primeape and his horde of Mankeys surround Toby and Genius destroying their chance to escape. Toby stands up and Genius stretches his arms out to cover more space and room as the Ferals move further away in caution. Toby looks towards left then right.. Completely surrounded..
Genius clutches his claws and punches first at a Mankey into the dirt.

"PRIME! PRIME!"

The Primeape was clearly the leader of the group and gave out orders to the other Ferals to attack. Two Mankeys attacked from behind, Genius whips his hind legs back which knocked them out. Two got a hold of his left arm while the Primeape leaps into the air and launches a fist right at Tob--
*THUNK*

The feral was pushed back by an invisible force, it clearly forgot about Metagross also being a psychic type. Toby was safe under Genius' barrier and Genius took the chance to use his right arm to crush one of the Mankeys, loosening the hold on his left arm, he throws the last Mankey away. Then..there was the lone Primeape. Fear filled it's eyes knowing that he no longer had the upper hand. And with no lackeys to support him, it was just him and an angered behemoth.

"Pri--?", as the feral pleaded, Genius showed no mercy as he charges into the pokémon. He uses his arms to wrap the poor monkey as he squeezed the life out of his eyes in a matter of seconds.

"Meta..", he drops the corpse and curls up to hover away to catch up with the rest of the team.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Return to “Pokémon”