3.00 Legion

The Advent of the Zenith world is an expansive and diverse one where the characters are vibrant and the environments epic. Any terrain art, fan art, concept art, or the discussion thereof relating to the AotZ world and its characters goes in this forum.
Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Re: 3.00 Legion

Post by Rectifier » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:32 am

Since when do minions have to look like their master?

Examples:
Sauron compared to Orcs
The Lich King compared to the Undead
Pit Lords compared to Succubi
Mehrunes Dagon compared to Daedra

I think I rest my case.

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:25 am

None of those matter as far as ingame coherence. (I have no idea what the last one is, so I can't talk about that) I'm not going through them all to explain how they differ in this situation, but all of them are different enough that it doesn't matter (also, since when are succubi the specific minions of Pit Lords?)

However, they all largely fit well together, because of these differences. I feel that Legion and his legions fall into that catagory of not being very different, but not being really alike. There's just a dead-zone there, and they fall right on the border of it, in my opinion. Granted, they do look alright (individually, each would be a killer skin), and I wouldn't be upset if Dusk decided to stick with them as-is, but I just feel that they could be easily be made to work together to create a more coherent feel.

pandamanana
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by pandamanana » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:44 am

I understand that the Legionnaires don't need to look unique and heroic, but Legion himself does. Like ^he said, Masters don't need to fit into a theme that their minions also follow.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:12 pm

I know what Erwt's saying and I agree with it. Just look at the Firelord and the Lava Spawns. In that same vein, though, consider the Archmage and the Water Elemental. They're a cool match too, but they really have no relevance to one another. I mean, they're linked through the color scheme on Blizzard, Brilliance, and Mass Teleport, but Legion is linked to his summons through spell interaction as well. I think ultimately, in-game, it wouldn't detract any from the aesthetics. It's only when you view them entirely apart (Like in the first post), where they appear to clash.

I'll still see what AR thinks about it when he comes back from his trip.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Ablox-W0rldPeace
Noobite Warrior

Post by Ablox-W0rldPeace » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:39 pm

The new Legion reminds me of something from Turok 2.

Anyway, I really like the minions look. Much better than the current version.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Concept & Fan Art”