[C] Discantu, the title.

Let's play a game. If you win, you might just get some representation in DoE!
vesuvan
Revenent of the Replies

[C] Discantu, the title.

Post by vesuvan » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:59 pm

Version 1

Discantu
Title
Intelligence; Order.

Story.

Level 1 Skill:
Bloodlet
  • Whenever target unit is inflicted with a condition, the target suffers a bleed of the same duration. If the target was allied, the bleed replaces whatever condition was inflicted.
    Cooldown:5 seconds

level 1: Lasts 4 seconds
    level 2: Lasts 6 seconds
    level 3: Lasts 8 seconds
    level 4: Lasts 10 seconds
    level 5: Lasts 12 seconds
Level 1 Skill:
Crushing Despair
  • Discantu creates a wave of energy that cripples for X seconds and deals Y damage to enemies in it's wake. Discantu and his summons are blinded for 8 seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Vicious spite
  • target unit is maimed for 8 seconds. Target unit causes a 5 second ruin on attack.
    level 1: Lasts 8 seconds
    level 2: Lasts 10 seconds
    level 3: Lasts 12 seconds
    level 4: Lasts 14 seconds
    level 5: Lasts 16 seconds
Level 6 Ultimate:
Torment Entity
  • Discantu binds a malevolent spirit to his will by forcing it to endure a mortal's pain.

Summons a powerful torment entity. Every second, if it is not suffering a condition other than stun, it is stunned for 2 seconds. Lasts 35 seconds.

cooldown: 60 seconds
Version 2. There is still plenty of room for improvement in concept and execution.

Discantu
Bearer of ill humours
Intelligence; Order.
model: Furion should be appropriate
Story.

Level 1 Skill:
Bloodlet
  • (single target buff)Whenever target unit is inflicted with a condition, the target suffers a bleed of the same duration. If the target was allied, the bleed replaces whatever condition was inflicted.
    Cooldown:10 seconds

Level 1 Skill:
Crushing Despair
  • (Single target, line area)Creates a wave of energy that cripples for X seconds and deals Y damage to enemies in it's wake. Discantu is blinded for 6 seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Vicious spite
  • (target area)
    Ruin all enemy units inside the area and deal X damage to them every second. lasts y seconds.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Torment Entity
  • (no target)Discantu binds a malevolent spirit to his will by forcing it to endure a mortal's pain.

Summons a powerful torment entity with low hp. Whenever it attacks, it gains X life for every condition the defender were suffering. As long as the Torment entity is suffering a condition, it is immune to non-condition damage. Lasts 30 seconds.
    cooldown: 60 seconds
Last edited by vesuvan on Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
͎̟͕͎̯̺͎̟͕͎̯̺ĩ̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠
̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Re: Discantu, the title.

Post by pandamanar » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:01 pm

I'm kind of blown away by this Hero. At first glance, the skills seem to have no correlation... but they most definitely do. I love this Hero to begin with, but his simplicity makes him 10x better! Major props.
Just a little nit-picking but what type of damage from Crushing Despair do? I suppose physical to synergies with ruin?
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c242dfce214c
Play League of Legends, get to level 10 and I get buffs.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:54 pm

vesuvan wrote: Level 1 Skill:
Bloodlet
  • Whenever target unit is inflicted with a condition, the target suffers a bleed of the same duration. If the target was allied, the bleed replaces whatever condition was inflicted.
    Cooldown:5 seconds

level 1: Lasts 4 seconds
    level 2: Lasts 6 seconds
    level 3: Lasts 8 seconds
    level 4: Lasts 10 seconds
    level 5: Lasts 12 seconds
The first levels feel very underwhelming; what was your idea behind those very numbers when it came to duration? and cooldown?
Crushing Despair
  • Discantu creates a wave of energy that cripples for X seconds and deals Y damage to enemies in it's wake. Discantu and his summons are blinded for 8 seconds.
How wide would the aoe be? What are you looking at, cooldown wise? Also, you are aware that blind WILL make your summon 75% weaker; yes, of course there's Bloodlet -- what if someone chose not to skill into it?
Vicious spite
  • target unit is maimed for 8 seconds. Target unit causes a 5 second ruin on attack.
Target is maimed for 8 seconds, but the spells lasts 16 seconds? Did you mean that leveling the spell increases the duration of the ruin? unclear.

The synergy is definitely there, though obligatory (not forced); the hero is well crafted, minus one thing: I feel that it would take very little skill or thinking to PLAY. I think that comes from the fact that two of his skills are point clicker, and both revolving around manipulating conditions.

How are you supposed to counter the hero? Remove conditions off the summon? Go for the hero, which has a point blank cripple, and the longest duration maim on demand? Ouch.

vesuvan
Revenent of the Replies

Post by vesuvan » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:49 pm

How wide would the aoe be?
Shockwave.

I just realized how dull this hero is he doesn't take crushing despair. He ends up with two targeted buffs that don't directly do anything except causing conditions. Imagine if none of malf's spells did damage and that's pretty much what you get.

I also realized I made his ultimate too swingy. He either ends up with a summoned beatstick from hell, or it sits there stunned. I'll try and make it more utilitarian.
How are you supposed to counter the hero?
You have a good point. He needs to be less resilient to disruption, which means either bloodlet or vicious spite needs to go.

You can counter just about any hero by throwing disables at it, but this guy is just far too defensive and controlling in his current state.

I'm working on a new version to make him more aggressive and interesting.
͎̟͕͎̯̺͎̟͕͎̯̺ĩ̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠
̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:35 am

Review:
  • General Pros:
    - I like the summon being an ultimate, that's a cool angle I hadn't really considered prior to this.
  • General Cons:
    - Unfortunately, the first three skills to me scream "spell spam." You just cast everything you can on a single enemy in hopes of maximizing condition and damage output. There's no real time when casting the spells is worth more than otherwise, no challenge here and there other than basic aiming principles. A good example of the opposite of spell spam is, say, EoD on Rikter. EoD you can't just throw at an enemy and hit it, you have to first line it up and make sure that where you'll end up won't be more dangerous for you (and is more dangerous for the enemy). That kind of thought process going into the use of a skill is absolutely necessary when your hero has 3 'spam' skills. As they are, they lack that kind of forethought, just throw them at enemies.
    - He lacks a catalyst to set up his ultimate's summon interaction. He cannot inflict a condition on an ally without someone else inflicting one first, which I guess balances his ult a bit, but sort of kills the possibility for self-interaction. I think it would've been way cooler if you could've worked that in a bit.
    - The first skill sounds like something I would never get at L1. It's just boring and it'd probably end up with my making an ally bleed to death against spammy early-game conditions.
  • Final Thoughts:
    - There's definite potential to the hero, but I feel as though it wasn't really taken advantage of as best as it could have been. The ultimate summon should have had some really crazy dynamic that allowed it to be super-powerful, but severely handicapped it without that interaction. Then, the rest of his skills should've been sufficient to work alone but also on the summon, allowing him to effectively "pump" the summon with the ability to dish out the hurt. Now that would've been way cooler than what you've got here.
  • End Grade:
    C
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Contest #3”