[F-] Innert, Anima Immobilus - Barriers.

Let's play a game. If you win, you might just get some representation in DoE!
Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

[F-] Innert, Anima Immobilus - Barriers.

Post by Kurogamon » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:33 pm

Innert
Anima Immobilus, Barrier Orb variant
Intelligence; Order.

Same story as old Innert.

!- All numbers are tentative placeholders and should only be taken as broad approximations of the skills at level 5. And yes, I dare to put an innate. -!

Innate:
Boundary Orb
  • Creates a Boundary Orb at the target location. Orbs link with each other within ~600 range, forming a barrier that blocks movement. The barrier extends maim by ~7 seconds and deals 20 magickal to units attempting to attack through the barrier. The orbs may be moved by attacking them. Lasts ~20 seconds.
    (Low CD, medium mana. Attacking them is an effective counter. Innert can reposition them too without doing damage to them. It procs on damage attempt, not successful damage. It will need a limit of some sort.)
Level 1 Skill:
Anima Manifestation
  • A spellbook-like skill to activate different auras that affect orbs. Each level of the learned spell gives another aura. Having an aura active other than Blank costs 2 (or 1?) mana/sec per orb. They are, in order of receipt:
    -Solidarity: +10 armor, +80 max health.
    -Fluidity: Double knockback distance and explosion on death, 50 damage, 10 second blind/knockback.
    -Flare: Units that would receive maim/blind from the orbs instead receive burn.
    -Immaterialism: Barriers can be walked through but deal 40 magickal damage and mute affected units for 6 seconds.
    OR:
    -Redirection: Units knocked into barriers "bounce", are ruined for 5 seconds, and take 50 physical damage.
    -Blank: No effect.
    (Not entirely satisfied with this set...)
Level 1 Skill:
Root
  • Slams an orb into the ground, blinding nearby units for ~15 seconds, immobilizing that orb, and adding 20 armor to it. Knocks back close units.
    (The immobilize effect takes away from the ult. Maybe I'll make it something else and change the spell name to reflect it?)
Level 1 Passive Aura:
Dismission Aura
  • Any units and heroes affected by a condition suffer from 200% damage reflection when attacking orbs.
    (I'm not sure about this skill either. Feedback?)
Level 6 Ultimate:
Steadfast
  • All orbs become immobile to enemy attacks and gain very large regeneration. Lasts 20 seconds.
    (Something like +10 regen, enough to make them unkillable by a lone hero without skills.)
A little short on Blind interaction, but I'm not sure how fill the spot without looking out of place.

Tangent: The way I thought this up is the weirdest story ever. I was asleep and dreaming last night when I had a dream at about 4:30AM concerning the hero contest. Somebody had won, and I had read several words concerning a "barrier wall". I woke up, thought for a second, and I was like "OMG I HAVE AN IDEA", jumped out of bed, and wrote it all down.
Last edited by Kurogamon on Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:45 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Can you hear them?

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Innert, Anima Immobilus - Barriers.

Post by TheDeathstalker » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:38 pm

Hey Kuro, you've got something interesting going on here, but there is one cardinal sin this hero commits, which is forced synergy. That is to say, the 2nd skill, 3rd skill and the ult are useless without the 1st skill, which is a problem. With the skills as they are, the orb is something more of an innate would handle than a skill, as it is required for all other skills. While I know innates are tricky, and often looked upon with disgust, I'd think about it, as it's the only way to make the hero not have that forced synergy without really reworking everything.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:07 pm

Fixed. How about the second skill?
EDIT: Doublefix, added auras and changed Root around a little.
EDIT2: Triplefix, simplified and less wall of text.

Should I just make one aura for the first skill and stick with it?

Need to get rid of either Immaterialism or Redirection, which one?
Can you hear them?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:10 pm

Review:
  • General Pros:
  • General Cons:
    - You have an innate that is probably the most complicated thing I've ever seen. Furthermore, it's really a hollow interaction and doesn't do anything exciting in a team scenario. It basically just gives your hero an extra skill. The orb is not a cool innate, it does not drive a hero style, it is just a random catalyst that is used by other spells as some kind of arbitrary third resource. This is just as bad as having a hero whose innate lets him collect "souls" or whatever from fallen units. Seriously, it's bad form.
    - Your first skill is... 6 skills shoved into one that are all way too complicated and way too easy to use at the same time. They're just generic auras that interact with the orbs in crazy ways that God only knows wtf is going on. Playing this hero would be an absolute chaotic mess, you'd never actually know what was going on, and if you did, you'd find an "optimal" combination of this skill with the others and the whole spellbook would be useless. This is just bad, man, you can't just shove 6 skills into one and hope that it works...
    - The aura is terribly boring. It's a boring skill that makes it so the only effective counter to your orbs now severely penalizes the attacking enemies as well. Great..
    - Steadfast is a terrible boring ult! You just activate it... And great, life regen for the orbs. Come on, I don't think I would play this hero if you begged me too! >.<
  • Final Thoughts:
    - The hero is just so complicated, so random, and so chaotic that I have absolutely no idea what you were trying to do with it. You probably had a neat idea, complicated it too much, and then accidentally turned it into something that wasn't neat at all. I don't like being mean, but the hero is honestly just outright awful, I don't think anything I've ever seen has been this bad. If you're still confused as to why, please PM me about it, but I trust that what I've said has probably hit home and you see the err of your ways.
  • End Grade:
    F-
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Contest #3”