[B+] caliga

Let's play a game. If you win, you might just get some representation in DoE!
Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

[B+] caliga

Post by Oxygen » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:59 pm

Level 1 Skill:
Haunter Killer
  • Passive: Whenever Blade slays a foe, a Voidwalker is summoned and remains near him, tormenting nearby foes.
    Active: Sends out any summoned Voidwalkers to focus their attacks on target foe, or to torment foes near target friendly unit.

More Voidwalkers deal more damage... duh.
Level 1 Skill:
Oblivion Seal
  • Active: Seals the fate of target foe WITH DOOM!, runing and muting it for 2/2/3/3/4. Damage from attacks dealt to the target extends the duration of the spell by 1 second.

Leveling additionally increases casting range and reduces cooldown.
Level 1 Skill:
Void Coil
  • Active: Causes the target to turn ethereal for a certain amount of time, applying the usual effects of being ethereal and changing its attack type to magic. Increases the movement speed of the target by 15/30/45/60/75.

Leveling additionally increases casting range, and reduces cooldown.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Tombreaver
  • Activated: Whilst active, Blade hits with 2/3/4 more attacks, but suffers from ruin.
Last edited by Oxygen on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:59 am, edited 4 times in total.

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Re: caliga

Post by Rectifier » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:08 pm

I might not like Haunter Killer because Haunt was his only direct damage dealing spell and now it's indirect, but I do like how you made the two other spells more situational and scream "I NEED TEAMWORK" to be effective.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:46 pm

Rectifier wrote:I might not like Haunter Killer because Haunt was his only direct damage dealing spell and now it's indirect,
How is it indirect? It's almost the same spell, which can/has to be built through kills to instead provide less damage at faster intervals, or more damage slower.
Rectifier wrote:but I do like how you made the two other spells more situational and scream "I NEED TEAMWORK" to be effective.
Because permanently ruining / muting a target that you're hitting on for 300% your attack damage screams "I NEED TEAMWORK", right? Just because some things became party friendly doesn't mean that he needs teammates to get anything accomplished; hell, if anything, he's better at solo'ing now. You're off the track, dear.

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:04 pm

Well as I was saying, he doesn't have any direct damage skills now, so he either needs to ambush or have some help to finish a person off; which I think is a good thing.

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:58 pm

The spells are great, especially Haunter Killer (except for the name, ugh), but he'd still have the problem mentioned by you or Dusk or both - he'd still be easy. But who cares? I don't, I could even play DoE for the first time in several months just to test this Caliga edit.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:59 pm

andriejj wrote:The spells are great, especially Haunter Killer (except for the name, ugh), but he'd still have the problem mentioned by you or Dusk or both - he'd still be easy. But who cares? I don't, I could even play DoE for the first time in several months just to test this Caliga edit.
A clever reference to zerg Hunter Killers, with a "haunt" twist, nothing more ;]

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:56 am

Oxygen wrote: (unless I need to point out the obvious to agrias)
Ow.
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon May 17, 2010 12:18 pm

Review:
  • Skills:
    - I particularly enjoy how Haunter Killer is a passive that activates through an action. It also rewards Caliga just killing a bunch of things, and of course if other ghosts kill things he'd also spawn more. It's a build-up, and I like that. It also makes it a bit tougher, since you can't just point-click to get the effect, you have to charge it up through kills. Good stuff.
    - Oblivion Seal is well, Oblivion Seal. I think more could've been done here, as I'm not sure I enjoy the idea of pummeling a unit to hyper-extend the duration of the debuff.
    - Voidcoil is interesting and definitely doable, but I don't think I like the idea of giving him another buff/debuff. It makes him feel just as point-click as he was before, but now you've moved the second one from Haunt to Voidwalk. I also don't like the idea of using this on someone to piss them off or something, as you know some people undoubtedly would. There must be another way to work this one.
    - Tombreaver is cool. I like that to activate it, you must take more damage. It's a better solution than draining life or mana or whatever.
  • Feel:
    - This hero is simply excellent. I thoroughly enjoyed your rendition of Haunt the most of anything on the hero; it stood out. I'll definitely be taking some ideas from that for the end result no matter who wins. It's a great hero, but like Fled's, I wasn't thinking to myself "Oh my God this is it" when I read it, so the score is as follows.
  • End Grade:
    B+
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Contest #4”