Heroes

Everything social between absolutely anyone who can type a post. Although this is an open forum, avoid the typical bad forum conduct.
Logue
Diabolical Doomsayer

Heroes

Post by Logue » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:45 pm

I can't seem to find a topic already up about this, so I made a new one. If you happen to find the old one, make this part of it or whatever, and my bad for not finding it.

Anyway, lets get this discussion underway now that the new season of Heroes started!

-----If you remember from the last Heroes thread, this is HIGHLY spoiler-ific talk, if you don't want to read spoilers, DON'T COME HERE-----

In this post, I'm only going to be talking about the first of the two episodes that aired yesterday, I have yet to watch the second one, and when I do, I'll post again with discussion about that one as well.

So, lets get this started!

Is it just me or is Claire 10X hotter when she's super serious and with black hair?
Anyway, I was mighty pissed when Sylar got the better of her and actually cut her open (Not exactly what I would do if I had her pinned up against the wall, but to each their own :o :o ). We do finnaly find out that Sylar doesn't actually EAT the person's brain, he just.... reads it? I don't know how else to describe it heh....
What really intrigued me about Claire's storyline is when Sylar was leaving, he was saying that Claire CAN'T be killed, even if he WANTED to kill her, he couldn't. And now that he's "read" her brain, that he now has her powers, and thus HE can't be killed either.... That'll suck for anyone (Hiro?) trying to stop him again. I'm sure there'll be a way around it somehow though, or heck maybe Sylar will turn good? .... Nah, he doesn't seem the type, haha.

Holy shit, it was PETER that shot Nathan? I would NEVER have seen that in a million years.... Shit, if I were to make a list of order of people who would shoot Nathan there'd be at LEAST a dozen other people above Peter, wow. I guess that whole what, season and a half or whatever off gave the writer's a lot of time to write eh? Other that that whole Peter shot Nathan thing, Nathan/Peter's storyline this episode (imo) was kind of lame... Not much happened, the whole "Oh I found god now" from Nathan was pretty lame. I guess the Peter comming from the future and making the detective (Wow, brain fart I can't think of his name right now :? :? ) guy and "Present" Peter "disappear" was kind of cool, but not even to make his storyline all that amazing this episode.

Hiro's storyline was pretty interesting. He's all bored not having a quest, and he gets one dropped in his lap. He doesn't listen to his father (If someone tells you NOT to go into something, you're almost required to, aren't you? Hehe), and long story short, he meets a new Hero, what they're referring to as a "Runner", of which he lost half of this formula he was suppose to defend which could apparently destroy the whole world. A little while later, Hiro finds out that getting the formula back he becomes betrayed by Ando in the future, (Which btw, Ando has a power? Looks like Force Lightning or something, :P :P more on that later.)and as the city is being destroyed, teleports back to present time.

Mohinder's storyline progessed the most I think. He talks with Mia, and makes her upset, which triggers her power. Something about how Mia's power triggers while she's scared/mad makes a lightbulb go off in Mohinder's brain, and he has a breakthrough in his research. He takes some of Mia's blood, and analyzes it and all that junk. Turns out he's found out that with this sample, he can make ANYONE has powers, as it triggers on our adrenaline or whatever. Mia get's ticked off, as she came to him for help getting rid of power's, while he does the opposite and wants to create powers. In the end she storms off saying that what he's trying to do is evil, and that he should destroy it. Later we see that Mohinder is contemplating throwing the sample into a lake or whatever (Not the greatest way to destroy the blood sample btw Mohinder, hah), but instead injects himself with it, rather than destroying it. He wakes up later to some thugs trying to mug him, and he retailates by bending the gun way out of shape, and throwing the other thug like, 20 feet away. The thugs take off running, and now Mohinder has a power!
Now going back to what I previously said in Hiro's storyline, about Ando. So far Ando was on the same page as Mohinder, as he doesn't have a power. In Hiro's future vision teleport thing, we see that he shoots some kind of Red Lightning at Hiro, and steals The Formula from him. As we haven't seem Ando have a power yet, I highly doubt that he just realises that he has one this late in the game, and I'm thinking that he gets a power somehow relating to how Mohinder got his, with this whole blood sample from Mia breakthrough thing. This is just my speculation, I guess we'll have to wait and see exactly how he gets this power.

Niki, I'm not even going to touch that one. We saw what, a whole 60 second of her in this episode?

PS. Detective's name is Parkman. I knew I'd remember it by the time I got to the end of writing this :D :D

Logue
Diabolical Doomsayer

Re: Heroes

Post by Logue » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:58 pm

Nobody here watches Heroes?

:cry: :cry:

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:30 am

Is it me or do all American series end like a Spanish soap opera?

There is a juggernaut amount of info and in the end the few major characters live happily ever after (with a possible hint that a series could be continued).
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

erwtenpeller
Revenent of the Replies

Post by erwtenpeller » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:31 am

Heros is awesome and i'm loving the new season. Gimme those wtf moments baby i'll eat em for breakfast. Noah and Silar make a cute couple.

Logue
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Logue » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:33 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:Noah and Silar make a cute couple.
Sylar, but ok.

Yeah, they're "partnership" is going to be an interesting one that's for sure.

Bane
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Bane » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:41 pm

Peter has the hunger.

erwtenpeller
Revenent of the Replies

Post by erwtenpeller » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:39 pm

<3

Maisoul
Noobite Warrior

Post by Maisoul » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:31 am

Is it just me or did Sylar name his kid Noah?

Bane
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Bane » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:42 pm

Yeah, he did.

I'm really hoping the writers have some good reason for Peter taking Sylar's power. It seems kind of pointless to me since he has a superior version of that power.

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:23 am

Peter took Sylar's power not because he wanted to be able to take abilities, but because he wanted the root power, Understanding. Sylar's power, and the reason he could fix watches, was that he could look at any system and see how it works, which he applied to brains, he looks at a brain and "understands" how it uses the power, then he is able to replicate it. Note, this means rather clearly that if Sylar's brain were to be somehow destroyed, he'd lose his ability to heal, just like Peter. Claire and Adam's healing ability instead actually lives in their blood, so no matter what you do to them, so long as their body still exists it can heal.

Also, I was talking with my brother the other day about how I thought Peter's father was still alive, as he is presumed dead, but we never saw a body, then *bam* saw a commercial for this coming episode saying, lo and behold, Peter's father is returning, AND has been the man behind the curtain all along.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

erwtenpeller
Revenent of the Replies

Post by erwtenpeller » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:11 am

And you're spoiling this for me becouse...? I never watch the trailers, i go straight to the ep.

Lil' noah is interuiging to say the least.

wallow00
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by wallow00 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:15 pm

my sole problem with the third season is with the writer
ive read a couple of jeph loeb's books, and having 1 namesake (Long Halloween) has got him too "over the edge"
look at Hush or Ultimates 3. He likes cramming in as many characters as he can (which im fine with most of the time) but having less then half of them doing next to nothing or having no character development is depressing.

spoilers:
look @ ep 4.
he added a new villain, removed him, cycled through so many characters leaving not much room for any of them (except Claire who seemed the pivot point) and made me ask wtf at staring at the screen when one of the main characters does the stupidest thing ive ever seen. im still saying wtf actually.
-It's not about what i want, it's about what's fair. You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time. Well, the world is cruel, and the only morality in a cruel world is fate. Unbiased, unprejudiced ... fair.

erwtenpeller
Revenent of the Replies

Post by erwtenpeller » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:23 pm

You think 4 is bad? go watch . Hiro stabs ando and Peter tries to kill angela.

wallow00
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by wallow00 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:07 pm

well thank god they brought ando back

and twink them for killing off quite permanently adam monroe and turning peter into the most intelligence-derived character
and daphne's hot
-It's not about what i want, it's about what's fair. You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time. Well, the world is cruel, and the only morality in a cruel world is fate. Unbiased, unprejudiced ... fair.

Return to “The Social Experiment”