eLove

A place to talk about serious "real life" stuff without having to place it in between a demand by Blankie for food and Logue's latest almost-pr0n thread.
Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Re: eLove

Post by Oxygen » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:12 pm

Deschain wrote:You probably expect some comforting from us. Tough luck. Get over it.
No, I don't want / need / thesaurus any of your attention.

@ Death: Yes.

It's fine.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:28 pm

TheDeathstalker wrote:
Deschain wrote:You probably expect some comforting from us. Tough luck. Get over it.
*sigh* Either that, or we could have been paying attention on the channel last night and heard Oxy say things were going well...

Again, best of luck dude...
Then he should have updated the thread.
Oxygen wrote:No, I don't want / need / thesaurus any of your attention.
Good to hear. Best of luck to you and your girl friend.
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

ReDSeX
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by ReDSeX » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:32 am

There are so many other ways to pick up chicks besides playing WoW.

And seriously dude, this girl isn't some unique blossom in a field of roses. She's just as beautiful as every other twinking daisy. You're just too obsessed to realize that.

Don't take this wrongly, but get out of your basement and go play WoW at an online cafe or something. Chrissttt

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:34 pm

Oxygen wrote:I'm shattered. I knew this would happen, eventually. She met a guy, and he lives next door. They have it going every night. We barely talk anymore, and when we do, I'm swiftly pushed aside. Future is grim.
Don't be shattered. Even if she spends months without thinking about you for an instant, just be there for when she does come back. This is the internet, there's nothing we can do except be ourselves and not let anything bring us down. Just remember that the more attached you get, the more dangerous it becomes to you and her. Appreciate and relish your time with her, yes, but take it with a grain of salt. You have my support, Oxy.
ReDSeX wrote:And seriously dude, this girl isn't some unique blossom in a field of roses.
Who are you to make such a claim? That could be said about any girl or guy anywhere. But yet, if that's so, how can people fall in love? It wouldn't make sense if people couldn't be unique. Hell, it barely makes sense when people are unique. The only thing your statement reveals to me is that you don't know anything about love.
ReDSeX wrote:Don't take this wrongly, but get out of your basement and go play WoW at an online cafe or something. Chrissttt
If I say something condescending to someone, no matter if I prelude it with "Don't take this wrongly," it will still be offensive. Be more respectful of others, ReD. It's not always about 'picking up chicks;' some guys have gotten past that stage in their life.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

ReDSeX
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by ReDSeX » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:46 pm

So let me get this straight: he finds a girl that doesn't pay attention to him. She is seemingly aware of how he feels towards her and yet she goes out and fools around with other guys.

I'm sorry I'm not sympathetic but this girl doesn't seem worth it.

She could only seem so bright and shiny and o-so amazing for so long. She'll lose her luster pretty quick. Those long conversations online? Happy times. Go ahead and treasure those memories. But that's all they're probably ever going to amount too.

And people fall in love all the time. Then they go and get divorced.

I hate saying anyone is love -- just throwing the word around makes me cringe. To me it's sacrilegious. It's saying that I want to be with this person for the rest of my life. And yet, people go to college and never talk to each other again. People quit their job and they don't remember your name. People get married only to be divorced. Being in love and being committed go hand in hand and this girl doesn't seem committed on the same level that Oxy is.

Get over her dude. I'm totally being condescending so don't take me wrongly; go out and play WoW at an online cafe.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:50 pm

How2BPessimisstic
LrnHow2Respect
Hi red.
Good luck to you bro.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:53 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote: Don't be shattered. Even if she spends months without thinking about you for an instant, just be there for when she does come back. This is the internet, there's nothing we can do except be ourselves and not let anything bring us down. Just remember that the more attached you get, the more dangerous it becomes to you and her. Appreciate and relish your time with her, yes, but take it with a grain of salt. You have my support, Oxy.
I tend to freak out alot, but it's fine now. I have crysis, sometimes, but that's my own fault.
ReDSeX wrote:There are so many other ways to pick up chicks besides playing WoW.

And seriously dude, this girl isn't some unique blossom in a field of roses. She's just as beautiful as every other twinking daisy. You're just too obsessed to realize that.

Don't take this wrongly, but get out of your basement and go play WoW at an online cafe or something. Chrissttt
Coming from someone that watches girls on live cam in desperation for them to flash their tits, that doesn't really enlighten me.

I'm not blind, though. I know she's not perfect, but guess what, neither am I, you, or anyone else. So really. But she's awesome to me, that's what truely matters, and I have yet to meet a girl that has so much effect on my mental, LET ALONE THE FACT THAT IT'S FROM SUCH DISTANCE. I can't imagine how crazy it'll get when we meet, because we will, eventually. I just know I'm right on that.

Besides, the fact that you refer to "pick up chicks" shows that you have little to no respect. I don't want to "pick up" jess, like a toy or an object. I want a good relation. In addition, I don't play wow to get girls, that's the worst idea ever. But jess happened to be there, in a grim period of her life, and so, what happened happened. I was incredibly lucky there, and I enjoy every second I spend talking to her.

You know, she did admit that she was scared to get anything going because of distance. See how bad of a state I'm in? Take that, multiply it by 5 ( because that's how ladies feel emotions ) and she'll go kill herself. And she's right to do so. She tells me to be patient. I tend to freak out when I shouldn't, that's normal, and I get over it. Like now.

ReDSeX
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by ReDSeX » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:21 pm

Buddy, you really need to get out more.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:06 pm

Oxygen wrote:But she's awesome to me, that's what truely matters, and I have yet to meet a girl that has so much effect on my mental, LET ALONE THE FACT THAT IT'S FROM SUCH DISTANCE. I can't imagine how crazy it'll get when we meet, because we will, eventually. I just know I'm right on that.
When you say she is awesome to me do you mean she treat you awesome or that you think you are awesome? My money is on the latter.
It is merely natural for things to look prettier in the distance and especially over the Internet. She having such effect on you is normal since you are up till your ears in love.
You know, she did admit that she was scared to get anything going because of distance. See how bad of a state I'm in? Take that, multiply it by 5 ( because that's how ladies feel emotions ) and she'll go kill herself. And she's right to do so. She tells me to be patient. I tend to freak out when I shouldn't, that's normal, and I get over it. Like now.
Because you can read women minds, right?
Something tells me your not completely cool.
Just a friendly tip: don't look at what she tells or way she tells it, just look at what she does. Actions or the lack of actions tells you far more than words ever can. Because words are cheap.
Rising_Dusk wrote:Who are you to make such a claim? That could be said about any girl or guy anywhere. But yet, if that's so, how can people fall in love? It wouldn't make sense if people couldn't be unique. Hell, it barely makes sense when people are unique. The only thing your statement reveals to me is that you don't know anything about love.
Exactly. Love isn't logical. And love isn't be all end all (at least for most people). No matter how much it exhilarates you or depresses you it has an end. For better and for worse time washes away both the sorrows and the joys.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:26 pm

She can actually read my mind. It's funny you brought it up. We can relate to eachother really well~

It's ok. I don't care what you think I'm just sharing, and I expected posts like that. I still love her', and rather sit in my dusty basement than go outside. :]

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:40 pm

Oxygen wrote:I still love her', and rather sit in my dusty basement than go outside. :]
If you truly like her then you would work on yourself and get out of that dusty basement :P anyway.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:09 pm

Deschain wrote:
Oxygen wrote:I still love her', and rather sit in my dusty basement than go outside. :]
If you truly like her then you would work on yourself and get out of that dusty basement :P anyway.
You know, it's funny, because we did talk about this. I started working out, eating healthier and sleeping regular patterns as well as getting more involved in my studies.

ReDSeX
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by ReDSeX » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:49 pm

As long as you're happy.

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:43 pm

Oxygen wrote:
Rising_Dusk wrote: Don't be shattered. Even if she spends months without thinking about you for an instant, just be there for when she does come back. This is the internet, there's nothing we can do except be ourselves and not let anything bring us down. Just remember that the more attached you get, the more dangerous it becomes to you and her. Appreciate and relish your time with her, yes, but take it with a grain of salt. You have my support, Oxy.
I tend to freak out alot, but it's fine now. I have crysis, sometimes, but that's my own fault.
ReDSeX wrote:There are so many other ways to pick up chicks besides playing WoW.

Coming from someone that watches girls on live cam in desperation for them to flash their tits, that doesn't really enlighten me.

I'm not blind, though. I know she's not perfect, but guess what, neither am I, you, or anyone else. So really. But she's awesome to me, that's what truely matters, and I have yet to meet a girl that has so much effect on my mental, LET ALONE THE FACT THAT IT'S FROM SUCH DISTANCE. I can't imagine how crazy it'll get when we meet, because we will, eventually. I just know I'm right on that.

Besides, the fact that you refer to "pick up chicks" shows that you have little to no respect. I don't want to "pick up" jess, like a toy or an object. I want a good relation. In addition, I don't play wow to get girls, that's the worst idea ever. But jess happened to be there, in a grim period of her life, and so, what happened happened. I was incredibly lucky there, and I enjoy every second I spend talking to her.

You know what, Oxy? I support you. You can't really understand love until you've felt it, but you have, and I wish you the best of luck.
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:28 am

Oxygen wrote:
Deschain wrote:
You know, it's funny, because we did talk about this. I started working out, eating healthier and sleeping regular patterns as well as getting more involved in my studies.
What Red said in his previous post.

Return to “Serious Discussion”