Love

A place to talk about serious "real life" stuff without having to place it in between a demand by Blankie for food and Logue's latest almost-pr0n thread.
TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Re: Love

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:12 pm

I meant being in love, but go to town on both.

Personally, I'd go with what most people were saying. To give yourself totally to a person and expect nothing in return, unconditional love. But I also think that there's a love where you still expect things in return, and that's still love, but a lesser love.
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

erwtenpeller
Revenent of the Replies

Post by erwtenpeller » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:28 pm

being in love is a verry irrational and pretty much indescribable experience, mostly diffrently experienced from person to person. Most of the definitions or opnions, whatever, i've read in this topic describe love as a general emotion, not being in love wich is a completely diffrent story.

Also, don't be emo about it.

Crevax
Server Owner/Manager

Post by Crevax » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:49 pm

In the immortal words or Rayne Summers, "If you can picture her pooping and still want to have sex afterwards, you're there."

On a more serious note, I quite like how the Greeks defined love. There are three main kinds: eros(passion), phila(friendship), and agape(love). Eros, where the word erotic comes from, is pretty easy to understand. It is a sensual longing or desire. Phila is the love between friends, a friendly bond. Lastly, agape is an unconditional kind of love. Christians have defined it as a godly, self-sacrificing love, but it's more of a contentment with the person.

Of course these are all general definitions, and they go deeper than what I mentioned. I just wanted to give you a basic idea. More in-depth information isn;t hard to find if you want.
SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 rows returned

erwtenpeller
Revenent of the Replies

Post by erwtenpeller » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:30 am

those are pretty sweet.

Return to “Serious Discussion”