GHost Bot: valorzeal

All discussion relating to WC3 on the whole should be posted in this forum. If you are looking for beta testers or would like to advertise your map, do so here. All sub-forums created for specific maps over the duration of this website's existence are located in this forum.
shalnath
Holder of the Alt-F4

GHost Bot: valorzeal

Post by shalnath » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:28 am

I currently have a bot sitting in the channel on a server in New Jersey that you guys can use to host games whenever you want. Only users that I have assigned admin to will be able to use it, but I'm going to be pretty lenient with who I choose (just ask me) so don't let me down and ruin it for the others.

Current admins:
  • • 2-P
    • Black_Heart
    • Bushkiller20
    • Crevax
    • Dragon_Sentinal
    • FoS-Pigger
    • h4uNt3d
    • Kaome
    • Kings_Mercy
    • Loki-the-Hero
    • Mr_Poppykins
    • Oxygen
    • Rising_Dusk
    • Scarlet
    • SetaSoujirou
    • Storm
    • TheDeathstalker
    • Vinnam
First of all, the bot can host up to 20 games at a time but only one game at a time can be in the lobby (which can be seen by whispering !getgames anytime). This means the bot will be unavailable for hosting either until the game starts or you cancel it. It will most likely be autohosting so before you do anything you must whisper !autohost off which will stop the bot from autohosting further but will not unhost any games currently in the lobby. If there is a game in the lobby and you don't want to wait for it to start, you can use !unhost to bring it back to the channel. Once the bot is in the channel, you need to load the configuration for the map you wish to host using !rload <maptag>.

The current maps available:
  • • [aotz] Advent of the Zenith
    • [doe] Desert of Exile
    • [dota] Defense of the Ancients
    • [eota] Eve of the Apocalypse: Twilight
    • [od] Obsidian Depths
    • [tba] Touhou Battle Arena
Once you've loaded the configuration, you're ready to host. Use !priv <gamename> or !pub <gamename> for privately and publicly hosted games respectfully. This will cause the bot to leave the channel and enter the lobby where you can use further commands.

Code: Select all

In the game lobby and game itself:

!kick <name>
!ban <name> <reason>...........(bans a player from joining the bot's games)
!unban <name>
!sp............................(shuffles players)
!swap <slot1> <slot2>
!open <slot>
!openall
!close <slot>
!closeall
!check <name>..................(checks status of player)
!ping
!from
!priv <gamename>
!pub <gamename>
!hold <name>...................(holds a slot for a player)
!start [force].................(starts the game, use force to skip checks)
!mute <name>...................(global squelch)
!unmute <name>
!unhost
!votekick <name>...............(requires 100%, use !yes to vote)
Once you are finished using the bot, please resume the autohosting of the map of your choice using !rload <maptag> and then !autohost 20 <playerslots> <mapname> [VZ].

Example scenario:

(currently autohosting AotZ)
/w valorzeal !autohost off
/w valorzeal !unhost
(returns to channel)
!rload doe
!priv VZ
(creates private DoE named VZ)
(game ends, returns to channel)
!rload aotz
!autohost 20 12 Advent of the Zenith [VZ]
(resumes autohosting until told otherwise)

Again: please, please, please make sure you turn the autohosting off before loading a map configuration.
I think I covered everything. If you have any questions, or maps you would like me to add, just let me know.
"Within every world, there are cultures, within every culture, there are groups, within every group, there are leaders. These leaders are not truly chosen, they are destined, it is their fate to lead, and it is this fate that drives them. Souls yearn to be driven, they in themselves can not direct, however, these leaders are predetermined, by whatever means, to guide the wills and mend the errors of these wandering souls. A forest, cold, cured, flawless, meticulous, and fearful, what drives it, what keeps the balance? The inner beings of all the co-existant creatures swarm together, and every one is guided by another, in more a cycle, then a hierarchy. The eyes of a forest are always watching and guiding, yet the sun never sets on the forest, and it never shall." ~ The Chaos Theory

Return to “Generic Warcraft 3 Chat”