Aotz v3, is it dead?

All discussion relating to WC3 on the whole should be posted in this forum. If you are looking for beta testers or would like to advertise your map, do so here. All sub-forums created for specific maps over the duration of this website's existence are located in this forum.
pandamanana
Holder of the Alt-F4

Aotz v3, is it dead?

Post by pandamanana » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:07 pm

I know that these forums are barren, but I just want an official conformation about whether or not Aotz 3 is dead, so I can move on with my life.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Re: Aotz v3, is it dead?

Post by Loki » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:15 am

Oh, the woes of anticipation!

Well, if anything. Dusk would continue working on Aot3 and his other projects if we actually gave him a reason to start working again. Unfortunately because college and other shtuff, he probably hasn't been able to crunch in any actual free time for Wc3. Then we add in the fact that Wc3 VZ has pretty much been fragged into a chasm of inactivity and left alone for the vultures doesn't really add much to the motivation factor.

I suppose if you actually want to see Aot3 and his other maps come into fruition, we would have to bring back tons of activity to the Wc3 scene and the forums.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:03 am

Been hosting doe a couple times last week. In fact, ima start a thread about it.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:36 pm

Nothing ever dies for me, it just gets made a lower priority than other things I do. For instance, this real life thing is kicking my ass currently. I expect that once I graduate in December, I'll sit down and chug through everything.

Also, Loki's right; without much motivation (AKA: real WC3 activity), there's no reason for me to prioritize it over other methods of using my free time (AKA: sleep!). If somehow WC3 revived itself, and it won't, then I would work on it more. Remember that I always tend to work on stuff after I play a few games of it. :P
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Post by pandamanar » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:17 pm

If anything would bring Warcraft 3 back, at least the part of the Warcraft 3 community that matters, it would be AoTZ3. I can't speak for all of my old clan mates or friends, but I've been sitting around on Warcraft looking for something to play. I tried LoL, HoN, Bloodline Champions and I've even played a few games of Dota, but none of them have satisfied my need for more Dusk. I originally thought that ToB vO would bring the Warcraft community back from its ashes, but the maker's reluctance to continually update and add more Heroes left us wanting more. I know for damned sure that if AotZ3 or a new patch for DoE came out, all that remains of Clan OVRD will resurface and play for at least a month, if not a year. Bless you if you find it within yourself to finish it, but I completely understand if it doesn't come to fruition.

Happy holidays,

Tom Manar
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c242dfce214c
Play League of Legends, get to level 10 and I get buffs.

Lunar_Priest
Noobite Warrior

Post by Lunar_Priest » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:09 am

ive been waiting a long time for it. i hope it does :D

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:39 am

It isn't dead, but I wouldn't exactly call it alive either.

It's like a zombie.

Return to “Generic Warcraft 3 Chat”