About Wc3Campaigns

All discussion relating to WC3 on the whole should be posted in this forum. If you are looking for beta testers or would like to advertise your map, do so here. All sub-forums created for specific maps over the duration of this website's existence are located in this forum.
Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

About Wc3Campaigns

Post by Soul_Reaver » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:16 pm

Or better: Starcraft2Campaigns. They recently changed their desing to Starcraft-ish, and they say that although Blizzard have no exact release date, they are 'preparing' for Starcraft 2, with a hosted project 'Aeon of Strife'. What do you think? End of the Golden Age of Warcraft?

I found the topic fit to Generic Warcraft 3 Chat, redirect me if I'm wrong.

vesuvan
Revenent of the Replies

Re: About Wc3Campaigns

Post by vesuvan » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:40 pm

warcraft will live on, just as the original starcraft has.

There are a lot of things we don't know about starcraft 2 that could make some things that were done in warcraft impossible, the scripting language could be more limited for example. What if the maximum player number is below 14? There are a lot of things in JASS that can only be done by exploits, things blizzard may or may not have intended. Who's to say that they will not "fix" these things?

Even now we take newgen for granted, but it took a lot of work to get there, it could be even more difficult to make the new blizzard scripting environment bearable. We also take for granted all thr tricks that are possible in warcraft, lets just say in starcraft it might be impossible to raise or lower a ground unit. Blizzard might **** over our methods of spell making too, or not make equivalents for key things like the locust ability.

Even after all this, starcraft will be modded, and it will be enjoyed no matter what, but I expect wc3 to last for a long while.

Sc2 will feature not only models from the main game, but models of every unit that was canned from the game during developement, and models of starcraft1 units. At first I worried about cosmetic potential, but look at how few models in warcraft actually have excellent animation, then look how alive even the SCVs of SC2 appear.
͎̟͕͎̯̺͎̟͕͎̯̺ĩ̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠
̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠

Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Soul_Reaver » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:06 pm

That is what I wanted to hear. There is still hope, and there is still a DoE to live for. :D

Arcane
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Arcane » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:29 pm

It's probably an April Fools Day joke. Hopefully.

noworries
Noobite Warrior

Post by noworries » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:30 pm

Warcraft 3 will live on as long as DotA:Allstars except. People buy the game for it.

As far as SC2 Editor will go, I really don't think there is anything to worry about. Blizzard has done a fine job of improving upon everything in the editor with each of their games, with the editor for SC being primitive and simple, with the only sort of variable being a switch, to the W3 Editor, which allows you to modify near everything, and even further than that with much more added in the TFT expansion.

I believe the SC2 editor will be everything it needs to be.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:17 am

Or better: Starcraft2Campaigns. They recently changed their desing to Starcraft-ish, and they say that although Blizzard have no exact release date, they are 'preparing' for Starcraft 2, with a hosted project 'Aeon of Strife'. What do you think? End of the Golden Age of Warcraft?
I haven't seen any changes on WC3C lately, what are you talking about?
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

noworries
Noobite Warrior

Post by noworries » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:48 am

An april FOOLZ!?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:23 pm

Wc3c's staff didn't have any time to do anything this year, unfortunately. Normally we'd come up with something fun.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Soul_Reaver » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:28 pm

It was a trap for fools, and I walked right into it. :D It was, but an April Fools joke. Whatever... :roll:

Hydrolisk
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Hydrolisk » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:09 pm

I hope they include the Tauren Marine model. xD

The Colonel
Letter Linguist

Post by The Colonel » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:33 pm

They will, it looks like they already made it, no sense in not including it!

Return to “Generic Warcraft 3 Chat”