Gold For Killing Creeps

This is where all discussion of WC3 mapmaking should be held. This forum exists particularly for mapmaking needs. If you have a question on how something works or have need for some code review, this is the place to put it.
Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Gold For Killing Creeps

Post by Greenspawn » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:14 am

I guess this question is based on the DoE custom golding system, where you don't have to actually kill a unit to get gold for it. My question is how did you get the +6, +12, etc. floating texts to appear without making them visible to allies or enemies?
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

Fledermaus
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Gold For Killing Creeps

Post by Fledermaus » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:00 am

Create the texttag locally for the player you want to see it (it doesn't desync).

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:18 pm

How do you do that?
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

Fledermaus
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Fledermaus » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:37 pm

Oh right, you use GUI.

Mess around with "Floating Text - Show/Hide", something like:

Floating Text - Show (Last created floating text) for (All players matching ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (Triggering player)))
You might need to hide it for All Players first though, can't remember.

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:04 pm

Thanks! And I do often use GUI, cause I'm not adept at JASS yet
Math is # |e^iπ|

Return to “Custom Map Creation”