Heart of Rendabi issues with Heat

This is where all bug reports or hero complaints regarding DoE should be made. Whether you have an issue with balance or an exploit to shed light on, this is the place to put it.
Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Heart of Rendabi issues with Heat

Post by Greenspawn » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:07 am

Heart of Rendabi (magickal damage ruins for 4 seconds on foes) used in conjunction with a power inverter for Arro's Heat (which normally applies magickal damage) still applies ruin. It works properly on Genobee's ultimate though, and if Arro has firebrand along with the power inverter, it works correctly in that it applies burn along with Heat's damage.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Heart of Rendabi issues with Heat

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:05 am

So you're saying that heat is counting as both physical and magickal damage? That's impossible, though, the game doesn't even work that way. I'll have to test..
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:55 pm

Well no, because if Arro only has firebrand then Heat doesn't apply burn (as it should be), and with the power inverter it works correctly. So it's an issue with Heart of Rendabi.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:59 pm

That doesn't make any sense, though, because it is counting his damage as two types, when only one packet of damage is dealt. There must be something really bizarre going on.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:22 am

I have resolved this bug. It was an issue with the base spell, immolation, where it dealing 0.00 damage triggered with the damage system that registers only damage packets above 0.0001, which would count as "magickal" and be untouchable by the PI. (this is why the bug only surfaces with PI, since otherwise both packets do magickal)

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:49 am

I'm trying to figure out why you would get firebrand as arro

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:45 pm

Despite that, the bug is fixed. :p