[COMPLETE] Pyrax, Shifting Inferno

Hero suggestions that get approved to be made and put into the map are placed here. Topics cannot be started here, but already started topics can be posted in.
Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

[COMPLETE] Pyrax, Shifting Inferno

Post by Pigger » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:29 pm

Pyrax
Shifting Inferno (I'm not so sure...)
Agility; Bane
Lava Spawn Model

Story.

Level 1 Skill:
Eruption
  • Pyrax explodes, dealing X (Large) damage, and extends burn on himself and the enemy for Y seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Consuming Flames
  • Pyrax kills a unit if it is under X% health, healing himself for Y and causing his next Z attacks to extend burn by 3 seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Inner Fire
  • Pyrax causes the affected units' blood to flow with the intensity of a raging inferno. Increases attack speed by X% but causes the units to bleed, if the unit dies under the effect it explodes, dealing Y damage to nearby units and burns them for Z seconds.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Propagation
  • Whenever Pyrax is afflicted with a condition, a Living Flame is sprouted from him.
    • Living Flame - Lasts 15/30/45 seconds, has average health, deals minor damage, can cause burn on attacks.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Pyrax, Shifting Inferno

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:37 pm

Inner fire fails on this hero style and consuming flames is pretty dull too. (Two click shoots? Get out of here) However, your ultimate is utterly Godlike. That skill is beyond brilliant, it nearly made me accept the hero on the spot. That is the kind of innovation DoE hero suggestions need to see more of.

Moved to exalted, I expect to see some improvements made to those two clickshoot filler things.

((People don't think I read these suggestions, but that's actually not true! I just refrain from commenting on those that do not jump off the page and own me))
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Pigger » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:21 pm

Awesome.

I'm thinking I may have screwed up a few things though. Eruption is an AoE around Pyrax, Inner Fire is a target AoE buff, and Consuming Flames is single target, simply there to buff up the damage a bit, be used to kill off units with Inner Fire on them, and cause him to live longer to take in more conditions. I actually tried to build it around his ultimate (which was originally a level 1 skill)

Arcane
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Arcane » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:11 am

So what happens if the unit isn't under X% health with Consuming Flames...? He just can't target him? Makes it sort of useless against heroes.

Maybe Consuming Flames could be the one which causes the explosion, instead of giving a burning attack, and change the name to Eruption (I don't really like the current Eruption, seems like a filler, except to self afflict a condition for the ultimate). I kinda like the idea of a spammable exploding skill. And maybe the Living Flames could have negative health regeneration instead of having a duration.

*Does Inner Fire affect himself?

Anyways, I really like all the synergy on this hero, while composing this post, I noticed two or three new synergies that I hadn't thought of at first glance.

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:44 am

@Arcane: Eruption is an awesome skill. Not only is it an explosion (everyone likes those, eh?), but it synergizes with the ult by adding a condition to himself. Although, the one thing I would recommend would be cranking down the damage and making it spammable.

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:26 am

Have we got enough burn by now? Could the hero be changed into myself, and the little baddies from the ult deal a different condition, or am I wrong and Dusk is looking for more burn?
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:29 am

Rising_Dusk wrote: ((People don't think I read these suggestions, but that's actually not true! I just refrain from commenting on those that do not jump off the page and own me))
But how will those who post heroes know what to change and how to change if you deny them your input?

Anyway onto the hero.
Model: Fire lord;
Eruption: Great skill. Simple and effective. Make so that you extend burn on foes by X and on yourself for a fixed duration (let say 5sec).

Consuming Flames. Don't like it. If you can't use it on heroes effectively, what is the point?

Inner fire. I think this spell is pretty damn cool, personally I would go for X% attack speed, bleeding and giving it's attack burn or some other condition Just a question can inner fire be casted on yourself and/or will it burn you as well (it says units doesn't specifies which)?

Propagation is nice. Spawn on condition is fine skill, don't see the godlikness of it. Probably has something to do with 1.09.
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:46 am

Propagation is nice. Spawn on condition is fine skill, don't see the godlikness of it. Probably has something to do with 1.09.
Or something to do with my actually knowing what DoE needs.
@Arcane: Eruption is an awesome skill. Not only is it an explosion (everyone likes those, eh?), but it synergizes with the ult by adding a condition to himself. Although, the one thing I would recommend would be cranking down the damage and making it spammable.
This is true, every hero needs a level of spammability. It would still need to hurt, though, since it burns himself.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:25 pm

RD you mind if you share what does DoE needs? My guess Bane could use spawners since the Ziv (that is his nickname right?) was going to be added to 1.09.
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:52 pm

There are hardly any summons at all... scarabs, wards, and (from what I've heard) Meridia's skeletons.

Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Soul_Reaver » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:56 pm

What does the game need? Well, that is what I do not know. But what I do now, that if you want to have some summoner hero, Dusk, maybe its time for Hero Contest #3, where the suggested hero must have summon/summons.

Summoner heroes would boost my beloved Stille alot. :)

dmaargke
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by dmaargke » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:39 pm

I really like the feel of him. One thing is maybe change one of the "filler" skills for better synergy with the ult. Maybe some other way to burn himself. The ult is really nice but I think it might need more to help it.
~Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.~

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:56 pm

If I told you what DoE needed, it would defeat the purpose of even supporting hero suggestions at all. I could give you all the information you need to get any hero accepted, but that would eliminate my affirmation of creativity in the first place.
But what I do now, that if you want to have some summoner hero, Dusk, maybe its time for Hero Contest #3, where the suggested hero must have summon/summons.
I don't need anything at all, but if something comes along and hits me in the face hard enough, I may be hard pressed to not accept it.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:09 pm

**EDITED BY MYSELF FOR SPAMMING**

I'm replacing the spam with my opinions on this hero.

Ok, the hero can mass summons if he got condition. He will be deadly against Janise (with Gash on) (Kinda on how Kassar would be deadly against Janise.)

This is the Bane's counterpart of Kassar in the term of condition. As in, don't toss conditions to him.

But like Kassar, he can inflict conditions on himself, I guess that makes him a pusher. :P

Very nice Burn interaction, too.

A question, though. The summon doesn't extend burn, right?
Last edited by assassingao on Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:23 pm

Stop spamming, Assassingao.

Return to “Accepted Hero Suggestions”