X'koreth, Perverted Ritualist

This is where the best of the best hero suggestions get placed for respect. They might not have made it into DoE for one reason or another, but damned these suggestions were good. Maybe they could work for other maps, that's why they are here for reference. Check them all out!
Evernite.
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Re: X'koreth, Perverted Ritualist

Post by Evernite. » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:17 pm

Following your first inspiration for the ultimate, this is how I'd see this spell. Based on Death and Decay, in a growing motion if you want, it should have some kind of effect, like green-ish dust or something like that, for the wicked effect.

Level 6 Ultimate:

Defile
  • Over X seconds, channels a powerful sorcery that corrupts the surface of the land. Any foe entering the enlarging area will first feel acute pain, dealing Y damage to them, and will then start burning for 4 seconds. If an enemy is already afflicted by a condition, the initial damage is increased by Z% and they will also be crippled for 3 seconds.
There you go. I think you have a little more condition interaction, and it also makes it a more dynamic spell. This is, at least, how I see it, if you want to keep your initial idea for it.
"You believe but what you see,
You receive but what you give."

-Nightwish, Amaranth

Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Soul_Reaver » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:40 am

Dark Storms is a very nice and basic skill, including a very nice condition interaction.
Imbalance of Nature is a very good supportative spell, while also prepares you to cast Dark Storms.
Boon of the Feebleminded is the skill, I find a bit overpowered. You basically permit a hero not to attack, nor to cast spells or punish him not to be able to cast spells. That would be alright, I would still cast a spell than go attacking, but I get damaged everytime which forces me not to do anything.

Basically for the Ultimate we require a spell, that either causes mulitple conditions, or has something to do with conditions. I would go for this:
Level 6 Ultimate
Ability Name
  • Activateable - Whenever a unit nearby isn't attacking, he will have all his already applied conditions extended by 1/2/3 seconds, and will be dealt 25/50/75 damage.
Boon of the Feebleminded will have units not attacking, extending their conditions. But if an enemy is fleeing or simply moving, even that will trigger the spell, thus creating a nice scenario for you to unleash Dark Storms. That's my best, sorry.

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:16 am

If X'koreth is a perverted ritualist, why not a have an ultimate that involves causing himself conditions for a huge benefit?

X'koreth begins channelling. For every second spent channeling, he adds X duration of mute and bleed at the end of the channeling. At the end of his channeling X'koreth sacrifices his blood to form a portal that summons a monster from the void. The monster lasts Y + channeling seconds. The type and strength of monster depends on the level of the ultimate. The mana cost and duration the monster lasts increases per level.

Level 1: Bebilith
Model: Giant Spider
A giant spider whose deadliness comes not through poison or venom, but rather through their ability to sunder the armor of their enemies...and then eats them.

Has moderate hp.
Moderate armor.
Melee unit.
Causes sunder on attack.
Deals moderate damage.
Moderate attack and move speed.
If a enemy target has a sunder condition on them, the Bebilith will cast a spell that deals no damage but causes a 10 second Bleed condition.

Level 2: Hezrou
Model: The giant jungle beast thingie.
A large demon lieutenant who normally commands lesser demons to do his will, but has far greater combat abilities himself.

Has moderately large hp.
Moderate armor.
Melee unit.
Deals large damage.
Moderate attack speed and move speed but slower than the Bebilith.
Whenever units come within 400 range of the Hezrou, they are afflicted with mute and cripple from the incredible stench cloud around this demon.

Level 3: Pit Fiend
Model: The large red demon dude with the firey sword.
A twelve foot tall demon lord, part of the iron fist that rules the void.

Has large hp.
Moderate armor.
Melee unit.
Deals moderate damage.
Somewhat faster attack and move speed as Bebilith.
Causes a short duration bleed on attack.
Has a weak cleave.
When the Pit Fiend reaches 50% or lower hp, he can summon two Bebiliths by channeling for 2 seconds to aid him.*

*Is not automatic, the player has to cast this spell.

So whaddya think?

dmaargke
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by dmaargke » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:48 am

Cool ult but ridiculuosly complicated.
~Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.~

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:44 pm

Took me 30 minutes. Its not really that difficult, course D&D references help alot with names.

dmaargke
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by dmaargke » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:08 am

I didn't mean complicated to make or type, I meant complicated to understand and fit into a tooltip. Noobs would be crying trying to figure out what each summon did and how it all worked. Then they'd yell DOTA IS LIFE! and leave.

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:47 pm

All you have to put in the tooltip is this:

X'koreth begins channelling. For every second spent channeling, he adds X duration of mute and bleed at the end of the channeling. At the end of his channeling X'koreth sacrifices his blood to form a portal that summons a monster from the void. The monster lasts Y + channeling seconds. The type and strength of monster depends on the level of the ultimate. The mana cost and duration the monster lasts increases per level.

Fledermaus
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Fledermaus » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Ultimates with 3, essentially, different effects (depending on level) are crap. There would be one imba level that everyone (smart) would level it to. In your example, I would only level it to 2 for the mute + cripple.

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:49 pm

You assume way too much about the mechanics to say something like that off the bat.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:27 pm

Rectifier wrote:You assume way too much about the mechanics to say something like that off the bat.
You assume that your ultimate would be half decent to reach the map. Come on now.

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:10 am

Rectifier wrote:Took me 30 minutes. Its not really that difficult, course D&D references help alot with names.
Thank you, come again.

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:19 am

The fact remains: your ultimate is way too complex and different at each level.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:00 am

Rectifier wrote:
Rectifier wrote:Took me 30 minutes. Its not really that difficult, course D&D references help alot with names.
Thank you, come again.
You should have known that doe has little to no summons. Are you making spells for a map you haven't played?

dmaargke
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by dmaargke » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:56 am

Oxygen wrote: You should have known that doe has little to no summons. Are you making spells for a map you haven't played?
Does DoE have ANY summons? I mean beyond Geno's scarabs I honestly can't think of any, and those barely count as summons at all.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:40 am

That isn't to say it shouldn't have more, in any case.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Exalted Hero Suggestions”