X'koreth, Perverted Ritualist

This is where the best of the best hero suggestions get placed for respect. They might not have made it into DoE for one reason or another, but damned these suggestions were good. Maybe they could work for other maps, that's why they are here for reference. Check them all out!
Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

X'koreth, Perverted Ritualist

Post by Oxygen » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:36 pm

X'koreth
Perverted Ritualist
Primary Attribute; Intelligence
Team; Bane

Story; The centaur was a cleaver one - his charisma, his words, and I can still remember, I still breathe every single one of them - I would be granted power, I would be granted riches, I would be granted... a home... what else was there more to be desired? I started to hate the land. The storm would no longer serve the good. I would pillage the heart of my enemies. Their mind. Yes, everything was made so clear.

Level 1 Skill:
Dark Storms
  • Instant. Summon a bolt of red lightning that bounces on enemies, dealing X (medium) damage to them. The damage is reduced by 10% per bounce. The damage is instead inscreased by 10% if the target is afflicted by a condition.
Level 1 Skill:
Imbalance of Nature
  • Channeled spells, up to 8ish seconds. Nearby enemy units start bleeding for X and take Y (low) damage every second. The health lost this way is equally shared between X'koreth and nearby allies, healing them. The bleed lasts twice as long as the number of seconds spent channeling. Aka it stays.
Level 1 Skill:
Boon of the Feebleminded
  • Instant. Curses a target foe, such that whenever this foe will attack or cast a spell, himself and all nearby units will be muted for 1 second, and dealt X (low) damage.
Level 6 Ultimate:
???
  • Currently looking for new ultimate.
I find the bane to have rather hard time defending against casters, as well as sieging. This hero is pretty much designed for such tasks. Easy to take out when isolated. His spells have much, much group / creep synergy.

Explanations on Dark Storms - If it hits 3 people, each afflicted by a condition, the first person will see the lightning deal 10% more damage, the second 20% more and the third 30% more. Very deadly for the last target when cast on a big creep wave.
Last edited by Oxygen on Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.

TargetPractice
Holder of the Alt-F4
Location: Posing as what your shooting at, just wait, I'll get you

Re: X'koreth, Perverted Ritualist

Post by TargetPractice » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:12 pm

Holy...

This hero owns, but what model does he use?

I don't get Imbalance, so it causes Bleed in AoE, but...the second part?

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:16 pm

TargetPractice wrote:Holy...

This hero owns, but what model does he use?

I don't get Imbalance, so it causes Bleed in AoE, but...the second part?
The damage it does, it heals nearby allies with it. If it does a total of 100 damage to a creep, 100 health is spread to nearby creeps and / or X'koreth.

Evernite.
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Evernite. » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:19 pm

I like this hero, it's not the typical "strike-and-kill" mauler, but a more subtle one. The only thing I'm wondering is the application of Defile the Land; basically, a normal healing spell cast by the clerics of the Order (which has a pretty low cooldown) will make the corrupted field go away, so it actually goes against your "mob group efficiency" description. Maybe I don't grasp its pros and cons?

But all in all, I really like the concept between the hero. I'd go with a reskinned witch doctor, I think. It can be pretty good. ^^
"You believe but what you see,
You receive but what you give."

-Nightwish, Amaranth

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:26 pm

Evernite. wrote:I like this hero, it's not the typical "strike-and-kill" mauler, but a more subtle one. The only thing I'm wondering is the application of Defile the Land; basically, a normal healing spell cast by the clerics of the Order (which has a pretty low cooldown) will make the corrupted field go away, so it actually goes against your "mob group efficiency" description. Maybe I don't grasp its pros and cons?

But all in all, I really like the concept between the hero. I'd go with a reskinned witch doctor, I think. It can be pretty good. ^^
He's a Bane hero. Priests are Hallowed. All spells must be counterable in some way, wouldn't it be lame to see your bases burn away as you can't do anything? Purchase a priest to cleanse it, or get Victor a leash.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:19 pm

All spells must be counterable in some way, wouldn't it be lame to see your bases burn away as you can't do anything? Purchase a priest to cleanse it, or get Victor a leash.
Forcing players to pick a certain hero or spend 150g a certain way to counter a spell is BS no matter how you slice it. Other than that, though, it's a really well-done hero. Though I can't honestly think of anything short of the Medivh model that would make any sense as the hero.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Scarlet
Global Moderator

Post by Scarlet » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:50 pm

I like this hero, especially Dark Storms and the Boon spell - very creative. The one thing that needs tuning, I think, is the ultimate... I like the whole "territorial" aspect of it, but the fact that it lasts so long is just a no-go, in my opinion. Maybe think up something else along the same lines? As is it'd be too weak with a low duration (unless the chance for cripple and the ally regeneration numbers are huge, but then it'd just be too darn good), so I'm not sure what to make of it.

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by BD423 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:13 pm

one thing i wanted to kno about the 2nd skill, do units bleed 10 damage per sec and heal allies by the same ammount each? like if u hit 5 bane soldiers would u get ur allies 50hp regen?
I swear to drunk im not god.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:23 pm

BD423 wrote:one thing i wanted to kno about the 2nd skill, do units bleed 10 damage per sec and heal allies by the same ammount each? like if u hit 5 bane soldiers would u get ur allies 50hp regen?
Yes, pretty much. Except that the total would be spread, unless you are on your own. Let's say you deal 100 damage in 1 second, and have 4 creeps with you, that would be 20 health to everyone. By the way, this is a Bane hero!
Rising_Dusk wrote: Forcing players to pick a certain hero or spend 150g a certain way to counter a spell is BS no matter how you slice it.
A single of arro kree's fireball can deal over 500 gold worth of killing player bought creeps, and besides, I thought it'd add some sort of... logic to it. A la plague is spreading, get a priest to cleanse it etc. But I'll look into it.
Rising_Dusk wrote:Other than that, though, it's a really well-done hero..
Well,thanks, I would love to see more siege heroes on the bane's side along with Malt and Verte, any suggestions on how to improve and or make the ult viable would be amazing
Rising_Dusk wrote:Though I can't honestly think of anything short of the Medivh model that would make any sense as the hero.
I was thinking the same exact thing. Natureish undead medivh or so. Perhaps a druid of the talon, obviously ruined and such
Scarlet wrote:I like this hero, especially Dark Storms and the Boon spell - very creative. The one thing that needs tuning, I think, is the ultimate... I like the whole "territorial" aspect of it, but the fact that it lasts so long is just a no-go, in my opinion. Maybe think up something else along the same lines? As is it'd be too weak with a low duration (unless the chance for cripple and the ally regeneration numbers are huge, but then it'd just be too darn good), so I'm not sure what to make of it.
Thanks, I think I have an idea for the ultimate. You guys tell me what you think.

Level 6 Ultimate:
Defile the Land
  • Channeled spell, up to 20ish seconds. During the first seconds of channeling, creates a small area of blighted ground at target area. The longer this spell is channeled, the bigger the defiled area will grow. Enemies that are on the area will start burning until they leave it, and may be randomly crippled. The chance to be crippled inscreases as the area grows. On the other hand, allied units standing on it recieve bonus life regeneration. Structures are slightly damaged at first ( perhaps, 3 per second ) but the more the blight grows, the more damage it deals. If the channeling is completed or interrupted, the area will stop growing, and will slowly shrink over time, only leaving rubbles and corpses in its path.
There you go! Its still deadly, but if you interrupt soon enough, it can't do Too much damage--!

dmaargke
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by dmaargke » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:29 pm

I really like the new ult idea. My only concern is that the whole "increases for amount of time channeled" might be a little complex for DoE but the idea itself is nice.
~Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.~

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:34 pm

dmaargke wrote:I really like the new ult idea. My only concern is that the whole "increases for amount of time channeled" might be a little complex for DoE but the idea itself is nice.
We'll see with dusk!

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:26 pm

*Patriot supports this hero.*
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by BD423 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:55 am

i dun realy like long channeled spells, i mean vert does it ok but most others i see are short. but maybe thats teh way to go with that kind of ult. it does seem to function abit like fiz's innate from aom tho and not sure if dusk wants spells that function similiar to that game.
I swear to drunk im not god.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:31 am

BD423 wrote:it does seem to function abit like fiz's innate from aom tho and not sure if dusk wants spells that function similiar to that game.
Wow, you're actually right. I haven't thought about that similarity at all.
BD423 wrote:i dun realy like long channeled spells, i mean vert does it ok but most others i see are short. but maybe thats teh way to go with that kind of ult.
That's an opinion. If you looked at the bane team carefully, you'll notice that they have ONE area of effect sieging spell. And this is bad. Most of the time I play as bane, no matter how much we kill them and slaughter and re-slaughter, we get outsieged anyways. If they always get a hit or two on the bastion, well, after the 50th time, it'll fall. Bane is so harassable, even though its full of hero killers. It needs siegers, this hero I'm offering here is a pretty original sieger, and unless dusk just don't like it ( I think he found him decent at least ) well, I don't think this hero wouldn't have a place in DoE.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:45 am

Most of the time I play as bane, no matter how much we kill them and slaughter and re-slaughter, we get outsieged anyways.
That's because you can't just think of siege as via spells. Have you ever hyped Anick on Symphony and backhanded a tower? I mean really, ten hits and it goes down.. And with his attack speed... That's just one example though, Caliga is equally devastating with Tombreaver, Genobee destroys structures with Sunder, Maltheron just destroys everything. I mean really, they equal eachother in siege power as a whole, they just do it differently. Is there something wrong with diversity now?

And I'm not a huge fan of the engulfing blight thing. Blight destroys terrain, and even if the blight is removed all previous tiles are obliterated and all you get is ugly dirt. I don't like that sort of desecration of the terrain. Also, I think it'd be a relatively meh ultimate. Not sure what else to say.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Exalted Hero Suggestions”