Jazz, Swordsman of the Sightless Eye

This is where the best of the best hero suggestions get placed for respect. They might not have made it into DoE for one reason or another, but damned these suggestions were good. Maybe they could work for other maps, that's why they are here for reference. Check them all out!
polishgangsta
Holder of the Alt-F4

Re: Jazz, Swordsman of the Sightless Eye

Post by polishgangsta » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:02 am

what i meant was, if you have 18 secs of blind (using the 1st and 2nd skills), and X ~ 30, you deal 540 damage (undodgeble). The problem the ult presents is balance - if X is small, the skill is useless with small amounts of blind, if it's large, it is op with higher amounts of blind. Fahren can balance this by requiring the condition to be on the enemy. with jazz, its basically the equivalent of AOTZ's ronin with the invis rune.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

Hydrolisk
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Hydrolisk » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:41 am

Spread the Blind?

Instead, you can keep the damage low on the ultimate but make the enemy suffer from the same (or otherwise mathematically relevant) duration or extra as how long Jazz is. Sort of like a Blind transfer.

However, I think this hero would benefit more from an attack damage boost against other Blinded enemies, or he has less/no chance to miss when attacking a Blinded enemy. The invisibility seems to Tristanish anyways...

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Post by pandamanar » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:00 pm

My real question is... whats the point of his movement speed if his melee attack is gimped 24/7? Yes, there is always his skills... but he really can't do much else on the way of damage output.
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c242dfce214c
Play League of Legends, get to level 10 and I get buffs.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:08 pm

I picked this way because of how it would feel when using it. The cool thing about his second skill is that you can remove the blind in many ways and still take full advantage of the rest of the skill. (Either by ult, potion, or hero interaction ala Victor)
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Post by pandamanar » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:05 pm

Well, the more heroes the merrier :3 toss him in for some spice! But if he is accepted... will he still be called Jazz?
Jazz Hands!
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c242dfce214c
Play League of Legends, get to level 10 and I get buffs.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:10 pm

Just because I submit a hero suggestion doesn't mean it will be accepted.

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:20 pm

A majority of VZ browsers believe that if you suggest something, it will likely be accepted.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:38 pm

He's posted plenty of stuff that hasn't been accepted, though. Glance back over the old site.

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:01 am

I know all that. I was on the old site.

Just saying that there are those who believe that whatever Dusk suggests has a high likelihood of being accepted.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Pigger » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:07 am

I personally wouldn't want to see this hero in DoE. I mean yes, its extremely fun to have tons of heroes to choose from that each have their own independent playstyle, but this guy just seems like a mix of a few heroes and I personally would imagine him to play just like that mix. It wouldn't be anything extremely new, like Meridia or Dis are with mass summons, or Dag. He's a tank that plays completely different than any other hero in the game.

I'll edit this later when I finish my thoughts.

Vinnam
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by Vinnam » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:36 am

For some reason, on my first read-through I got a picture of a hero being constantly followed by his owl or nether drake mule with items to remove Blindness at opportune moments. Then I read it again and the image went away.

I agree with pigger on this one. While many of the new heros are coolio in their own way, their isn't one I wouldn't want to play(Except for maybe Dag or Dis, but that's cause I haven't figured out how to effectively play either of them. I r n00b. I'm sure they play just fine for those people who love them). I looked at the skills and I said... Meh. Didn't pop off the page for me. The Blind synergy is awesome and all, but still... Meh.
Trainer: Brendan Creed
ImageImageImage
Lineup: Noir & Batista

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:00 pm

Fair enough.

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by BD423 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:18 pm

Man i usualy dont like to comment on heros but i had to comment on this one. I seriously love how he looks right now. the synergy all his skills have is great. the fact that (in theory) ud have to think about when to play ur skills offensively and when ud like to hop out of ur protective shell to unleash a horiffic strike or too just made me fall in love with him at first sight. the fact that u could purchase the blind immune item to allow him unlimited prep strikes but reduce his deffense to near 0(a choice i bet alot of newer players and those who want to play with no defenses would jump at)i realy love how he can annoy players with his prep strikes, go fully offense or play a deffensive warrior style and contrary to wat others say i think hed provide a very good hero for doe. only problem i do see with the hero is what model would he have? because at the moment seems the ronin would be the best fit but i dont think the ronin model would look very good in doe. I realy love this hero dusk and if u dont plan to make him thats ur choice but i think he should atleast be an exalted hero. Hes just to awesome not to be.

/end rant
I swear to drunk im not god.

Daryll-The-Damned
Captain Caption

Post by Daryll-The-Damned » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:31 pm

Yeah, I have to agree with everything above. Great hero Dusky.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pestilence :: Rocky the V :: Buz-Ze :: Zen :: The Kid:: Imperius

Return to “Exalted Hero Suggestions”