Violet, Mesmer

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Riley.Feng
Noobite Warrior

Violet, Mesmer

Post by Riley.Feng » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:12 am

First post on VZ that wasn't my introduction, anyways, this is a take on Violet if she was in DoE, which I don't think she was. Oh, and sadly, none of her spells are based on Guild Wars. Just wanted to say.

Violet
Mesmer
Intelligence; The Hallowed Order.

Story.

Level 1 Skill:
Skill #1 Distortion - Target Hex
  • "The mind is like a fortress... But with its gates open." Violet inflicts a condition on to a target enemy that isn't Bleed or Burn for X seconds. If this spell is used on a unit that already has a condition, then enemy units near the target will be affected by Distortion also.
Level 1 Skill:
Skill #2 Darkness - Auto-cast, Target Damage & Hex
  • Violet uses her magic to send fear into the enemies' eyes. Target unit is dealt X damage. Target unit is inflicted with a buff, which Blinds them for Y seconds whenever they attack. Buff lasts Z seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Skill #3 Cloud of Dreams - AoE Hex
  • Violet channels her energy, creation a powerful aura around herself. Violet releases a wave of magick around herself, making all enemies affected be hexed. Affected enemies' critical chance is increased by X% while the buff is active. If these enemies achieve a critical strike, then they will be inflicted with a Level 1/1/2/2/3/3 Distortion. Buff lasts for Z seconds.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Skill #4 Entropy - Target Hero Hex
  • "The mind is like the king, and the body is the peasants. Whenever the king gives a command, the body responds. Sometimes though, the peasants rebel." Target hero will lose X points to their primary attribute for each condition they are suffering. If the hero is suffering no condition, then the target will be dealt Y damage, and be inflicted with the current level of Distortion (If none, then it will just be level 1).
Well, my take on Violet. I think some of the spells are forced synergy, but I really don't know. Hope you like it.

Level 1 Skill:
Skill #1 Purple Haze - AoE Hex
  • Violet releases a aura of energy off herself, covering the area around her with a purple fog. Any enemy creeps who are to walk into the fog will be inflicted with a buff. This buff inflicts targeted creeps with Blind if they are dealt a certain amount of damage. X damage is needed to be dealt to make this buff go active. The buff only lasts for Y seconds, and the fog lasts for Z seconds.
Just another spell. If you didn't like Cloud of Dreams, or Darkness, then I guess this would replace it.

Level 6 Ultimate:
Skill #4 Army of Illusions - Summoned Fake Units
  • "Fear. Fear not me, but your own mind, for it to, can kill you." Violet creates an army of herself. These illusions deal no damage, and can be destroy with one hit, but it's destroyer will then be inflicted with mute if he or she is a hero, or blind if it is a creep. Spawns X illusions.
This will replace Entropy if you didn't like it.
Last edited by Riley.Feng on Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:26 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Re: Violet, Mesmer

Post by Loki » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:03 am

Violet inflicts a condition on to a target enemy that isn't Bleed of Burn for X seconds
That isn't bleeding or burning?
Target unit is dealt x (= 2 times Violet's Level)
It would be better if you gave that spell flat damage, not something based off of level.
Target unit is inflicted with a hex
What is a hex? It sounds like you are trying to make this look like a condition, what is the point of this?

As I continue to read your hero, (Your third skill) I really liked the idea of a chance for someone attacking to backfire, but a critical chance is no way to approach it. Try doing it based off of Physical or Magical damage.
They will be inflicted with a Level 1/1/2/2/3/3 Distortion
Lolwhat, amazingly sillyness right here. Using a spell to trigger other spells is a no-no.
Target hero will lose X points to their primary attribute for each condition they are suffering. If the hero is suffering no condition, then the target will be dealt Y damage, and be inflicted with the current level of Distortion (If none, then it will just be level 1).
Eeewwwww, losing attributes is bad. This looks like another point and click spell that can only target heroes, you should really change that from the Aot2 Mesmer, otherwise it will feel like a carbon copy. And yes, there is forced synergy in here, naughty naughty.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Riley.Feng
Noobite Warrior

Post by Riley.Feng » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:51 am

Thanks for the criticism.

1. For Distortion, by "that isn't Bleeding or Burn..." I meant that, if someone was to use mind magic on you, it might show you on fire. Sure you might think you are on fire, but not physically, so it wouldn't really hurt you, while other conditions, like Mute, makes you think you that you can't talk, so you don't, even if you try. So to answer the question, yes.

2. Did what you said for Darkness.

3. By hex, I meant a buff. I fixed it now.

4. Well, I can't really think of anything other than critical strike, because it is based on chance. I can't really do, "every time you attack, you get inflicted with Distortion." That will be more rigged then it is already.

5. Well, even if I change it, it'll just be the same. There will be no way to change it without it being related to condition, so why make up a entirely new buff, when I can just use Distortion if they are so similar?

6. Well, I can't really think up any other ultimate that actually sounds and looks like a ultimate. My first choice was, "Violet inflicts target unit with all conditions other than Bleed or Burn for X seconds." It's just Exuro's ultimate, except it doesn't deal damage. So if you can think up a different ultimate, I will happily use it.

Well, I guessed she does use forced synergy, but I can't think up any of effects the spells should do, like, should Darkness stun you rather than place a condition? No, I don't think that sounds good, but that's my opinion, but anyways, thanks for your criticism.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:23 pm

Violet is probably the single worst hero from AotZ to try to port to DoE. She works in AotZ by making her own buffs and self-interacting with them, whereas in DoE you're confined to a specific condition list. She just seems like such a nasty fit for DoE.
Riley.Feng wrote:Oh, and sadly, none of her spells are based on Guild Wars.
I don't really share of your opinion that this is a thing to be sad over. :p
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Suggestions”