Tak Sumro, Rattle-Rattle Tribe Witch Doctor

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
2-P
Revenent of the Replies

Tak Sumro, Rattle-Rattle Tribe Witch Doctor

Post by 2-P » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:04 am

Tak Sumro
Rattle-Rattle Tribe Witch Doctor
Intelligence, Ranged, Bane

*tak* *tak*
*tak* *tak*
*tak* *tak*
"Where's this sound coming from?"
"That's the sound of rain falling on your dead body."
"Wait... what?"

Level 1 Skill:
Granny Sumro's Linctus
  • AoE Target
    Throws a bottle at the target location, every enemy caught in the impact takes X magickal damage and suffers a random* condition for Y seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Totem of a Thousand Terrors
  • Summon Totem
    Creates a totem at the target location, enemies near the totem take (low) magickal damage and have their conditions extended by one second every second.
    Lasts X seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Derris Emblem
  • Unit Buff
    The next time target unit suffers from one or more** conditions, they are spread to all nearby enemies instead for X% of their original duration.
    Y (low) seconds cooldown.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Blood Pact
  • Target Enemy
    Switches all conditions with the target enemy unit. The enemy takes X magickal damage for every transfered condition.
*Stun and knockdown not included.
**Multiple conditions if they are caused at once, e.g. with Distruction, Oblivion Seal, etc...

Had the idea for third ability and the ultimate like half a year ago, but could never come up with the whole hero. >:
Until now! Har!
Inspired by Kao's voodoo dude (lol) and Dusk's random condition hero thing.

The third ability's first level effectivity is kinda "meh", but I'm just going to claim team interaction hoax.

While the ultimate promotes a hero that benefits from having conditions, I don't see it as necessary in this case, because you can always choose not to get affected by the conditions and it's a rather risky thing to do to begin with since too much "I like conditions on me" stuff would break the entire map.
Besides there are always enough rigged items if you are into that whole condition masochist thing.
Humans don't have the patience to wait even ten minutes for something!

Phox
Letter Linguist

Re: Tak Sumro, Rattle-Rattle Tribe Witch Doctor

Post by Phox » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:51 pm

The third ability is only very situationally useful. It's only really useful if you coordinate its cast with a single-target (or aimed with a small AoE) spell to hit a creepy and dispersing the conditions to multiple nearby units. Torrne's Contagion (if that's what the spell is called; I haven't played in forever) is just a more intuitive and flexible way of doing things.

The ultimate is pretty cool, though, imo.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:21 pm

The ultimate is extremely cool. It's unfortunate that I really don't find the rest of the hero so inspired. The third and second abilities are just too useless without conditions. The first skill is 'alright', but for some reason the whole play on random conditions seems a mite off for a hero with that ult. You'd want to know what you're getting out of a skill, because in some way, it may end up back on you. The ambiguity here makes it tough to justify the ult and (unfortunately) makes it at best, situationally effective.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

2-P
Revenent of the Replies

Post by 2-P » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:29 am

Phox wrote:The third ability is only very situationally useful. It's only really useful if you coordinate its cast with a single-target (or aimed with a small AoE) spell to hit a creepy and dispersing the conditions to multiple nearby units. Torrne's Contagion (if that's what the spell is called; I haven't played in forever) is just a more intuitive and flexible way of doing things.
You're completely neglecting it's defensive value if you compare it to Tornne's thingy.
The third and second abilities are just too useless without conditions.
True, but I took your random condition hero as reference and I don't see how those two spells are any different than the second and third ability of your hero in that regard. TT
Actually I'm not a fan of random conditions to begin with, dunno why I made a hero that uses them lol.
The first skill is 'alright', but for some reason the whole play on random conditions seems a mite off for a hero with that ult. You'd want to know what you're getting out of a skill, because in some way, it may end up back on you. The ambiguity here makes it tough to justify the ult and (unfortunately) makes it at best, situationally effective.
You're right, it's just that.... I like the third ability! And on one hand I don't want a hero that benefits from conditions too much and on the other I'd like to give the player the choice if (s)he wants to shield the hero before using the ult or not.
Getting certain conditions on the enemy and then taking them back with the ult to boost yourself in some way sounds cool, but I was afraid that it turns into a "Cast condition XY on me and I beat the crap out of you!" hero. That would be lame. =/
It should be a more situational thing or just don't play a too big role, kinda like Bloodseeker, helpful but not necessary.
Dunno. ~.~

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:55 pm

You're probably referring to Vihlia, or at least I will assume that you are.
2-P wrote:True, but I took your random condition hero as reference and I don't see how those two spells are any different than the second and third ability of your hero in that regard. TT
Vihlia's second skill does something even when the enemy doesn't have a condition. Both your second and third skills require conditions to do anything. At least 2 out of the 3 level 1 skills need to be obtainable without conditions. Look at Tornne. Epidemic is useless without conditions, but TBL and Taint aren't, so it works out.
2-P wrote:You're right, it's just that.... I like the third ability!
I like the third ability a little, I just think it's a bit tough to fit it into a hero. It's a bit.. Well, it's neat, but I just don't think it'd be all that fun to use, honestly.
2-P wrote:I don't want a hero that benefits from conditions too much and on the other I'd like to give the player the choice if (s)he wants to shield the hero before using the ult or not.
Getting certain conditions on the enemy and then taking them back with the ult to boost yourself in some way sounds cool, but I was afraid that it turns into a "Cast condition XY on me and I beat the crap out of you!" hero. That would be lame. =/
Agreed, I especially liked the potent synergy of the ult with the third skill. I still think the AOE spread approach is a bit meh. There's a better way to do it, I think, and if you'd like I could whip up a hero to show you what I mean.

2-P
Revenent of the Replies

Post by 2-P » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:53 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:You're probably referring to Vihlia, or at least I will assume that you are.
Ya, sorry. ^^
Rising_Dusk wrote:Vihlia's second skill does something even when the enemy doesn't have a condition. Both your second and third skills require conditions to do anything. At least 2 out of the 3 level 1 skills need to be obtainable without conditions. Look at Tornne.
The totem deals damage.
Rising_Dusk wrote:I could whip up a hero to show you what I mean.
No. >:
Well, I'm probably going to re-do everything besides the ult. Thanks for the feedback.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:24 pm

2-P wrote:The totem deals damage.
Oh that's true, I hadn't noticed. Hrm. I could see that not really being too terribly helpful though if the enemy just up and killed it before it dealt a lot of damage. Maybe it could have a lot of life. Dunno. The condition extension could get hyper imbalanced with Crown, though.
2-P wrote:No. >:
Er, ok, as you wish.

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:13 am

Rising_Dusk wrote:Dunno. The condition extension could get hyper imbalanced with Crown, though.
Actually, unless things have changed in my absence, it'd be just fine. It's the summon that's extending the conditions, which means it is unable to be buffed by Crown.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Return to “Hero Suggestions”