Tristan, v6.0

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Tristan, v6.0

Post by Oxygen » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:04 pm

Tristan, v6.0

Level 1 Skill:
Shadowstep
  • Instantly travel to target foe, inflicting mute and dealing light physical damage + base damage to it.
Level 1 Skill:
Shadowlash
  • Empowers the caster's blade, each second adding an increasing amount of magical damage to its next source of physical damage. Causes the caster's next source of physical damage to splash for 25% of the total amount.
Level 1 Skill:
Voidwinder
  • Passively grants the hero a chance to dodge. Whenever an attack against the hero misses, he becomes invisible for an instant, and whilst in this state, he may break the invisibility early to deal physical damage to adjacent foes.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Black Hole Sun
  • Passive. Whenever the hero inflicts X sources of physical damage within a certain period of time, nearby foes are blinded and pulled towards the point where this effect has occured.

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Tristan, v6.0

Post by TheDeathstalker » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:01 pm

But... but no Path of Shadows?! That, although being not the most powerful move, really felt like it has defined him through all his versions...

This new Tristan just feels so different, as if the intent of the hero has changed entirely. I like Voidwinder, but the rest of it (Mainly the Shadowlash + BHS combo) just feels like it belongs elsewhere.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Mon May 17, 2010 10:04 am

I totally forgot that I had written this. I still like it.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon May 17, 2010 11:46 am

I generally dislike your third ability and would just use Path of Shadows instead of it. As Death suggested in February, PoS practically defines Tristan as a hero. The idea of making a passive ult that pulls things inward is pretty neat, though, but it reminisces of Quicksand on Evairnophet. Shadowlash is neat in that you charge it up over time and gauge your own strength for it by how much mana you invest. You'd have to cap it, otherwise you could sit at fountain and pump it up to a OHKO. :p

It's neat, and I do think that Tristy needs some love somehow, so we'll see.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Mon May 17, 2010 12:03 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:I generally dislike your third ability and would just use Path of Shadows instead of it. As Death suggested in February, PoS practically defines Tristan as a hero.
I guess that the hero wouldn't fall apart if PoS did go instead of the suggested third ability. It was pretty much the filler if anything, or did I want to have him be able to use invisibility? Perhaps PoS could provide invisibility for a few (2-3 seconds, scaling with level) when he's done blinking?
Rising_Dusk wrote:The idea of making a passive ult that pulls things inward is pretty neat, though, but it reminisces of Quicksand on Evairnophet.
Was evair even in the map back then? I don't remember. Anyhow, notice how the idea was to basically want to harass a single foe over and over to have this ult procc repeatedly, ultimately being annoying as twink (somewhat how you wanted tristan, no?)
Rising_Dusk wrote:Shadowlash is neat in that you charge it up over time and gauge your own strength for it by how much mana you invest. You'd have to cap it, otherwise you could sit at fountain and pump it up to a OHKO. :p
Yes, of course. I felt like the spell would work really well with Shadowstep, and so, yeah.
Rising_Dusk wrote:It's neat, and I do think that Tristy needs some love somehow, so we'll see.
Poor guy, he's like a hero killer that deals no dps. It's almost like asking Dis to tank, or Dagg to chase runners, you know?

Return to “Hero Suggestions”