Razihel - Heaven's Despair

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
2-P
Revenent of the Replies

Razihel - Heaven's Despair

Post by 2-P » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:06 pm

Razihel
Heaven's Despair
Agility; Order.

Story.

Level 1 Skill:
Rising Sun
  • Target Area
    Jumps towards the target loaction, dealing X physical damage to nearby enemies on impact.
Level 1 Skill:
Falling Star
  • Instant Cast
    Razihel rams his sword into the gorund, dealing X physical damage and maiming nearby enemies for Y seconds.
    If cast mid-air, he rushes to the ground, addionatly knocking down nearby enemies on impact.
Level 1 Skill:
Crescent Moon
  • Instant Cast
    Rushes forward in the direction he's facing, if he comes in contact with an enemy unit he stops and deals X physical damage and cripples the unit for Y seconds. Only strikes air units when used mid-air.
Level 6 Ultimate:
As Above, so Below
  • Instant Cast
    Passive: Razihel's abilities deal X bonus magickal damage for every condition the target suffers from.
    When cast on the ground, the next ability deals double damage and ruins targets. When cast mid-air, the next ability has its cooldown reset.
    Y seconds cooldown.
Last edited by 2-P on Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Humans don't have the patience to wait even ten minutes for something!

Fledermaus
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Razihel - Heaven's Despair

Post by Fledermaus » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:21 am

So I'd always meant to get around to coding this guy for fun. Then forum wipe so I made PP repost him.
Rough-ish version (no damage/conditions)- only the first two abilities because PP said he wanted to change the third one. No ult because it's pretty simple to code but wouldn't really add much (lazy).
Animations might not look that great but I wasn't really sure what model I wanted to use for him so stuck with Blademaster because of leap.

Here he is!

EDIT 1:
Found a model I liked enough so using that. Changed the animations/effects a little and made it so you can't drop within the first half of Rising Sun.

EDIT 2:
Added Crescent Moon!
I tried it a couple of different ways but I think this works the best (or, almost the best). When cast in the air you will lunge (the full distance + however far left the jump had) in the direction of the Jump, rather than where you cast Crescent Moon.
The only other thing I'd think about changing would be while jumping change Crescent Moon to an instant cast because it can be a little awkward or you can try to target somewhere out of range and not lunge until you land (that might not work though if you queue up the orders or have it targeting when it swaps).

Newest linky
Last edited by Fledermaus on Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2-P
Revenent of the Replies

Post by 2-P » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:03 pm

It's so cool that you're doing this fled! <3

Oh snap, Crescent Moon was meant to be an instant cast to begin with! I usually add the cast types but I forgot it this time, sorry about that.
I decided to keep Crescent Moon and change the ultimate instead, hope it's less boring to do now. :P Well I guess the only interesting part would be the double Crescent Moon.
Humans don't have the patience to wait even ten minutes for something!

Fledermaus
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Fledermaus » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:36 pm

I find instant cast Dash's annoying and hard to aim, like the Ronin in AotZ :p

What do you think of the animations, in particular the spin after the jump and it still happening after Falling Start/Crescent Moon when they're cast mid jump?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:25 pm

Fledermaus wrote:I find instant cast Dash's annoying and hard to aim, like the Ronin in AotZ :p
This, when done, is entirely by design. They're called skill shots. ;)

As a side note, I feel as though I've read this hero before and liked it. Is this posted somewhere else? Or am I just crazy? It looks like a fun hero, but has a lot more internal interaction with itself than interaction with conditions. Would probably be cooler in AotZ, even though the pace matches DoE hero fights more.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Fledermaus
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Fledermaus » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:46 pm

It's still a skill shot if it's point targeted :p Maybe I just disliked it because of my imba delay, so twinking hard to aim when you're over a second behind and wc3 likes to make you change facing angles for terrain or other things =/

PP's posted him before, it just got lost in one of the wipes.

Return to “Hero Suggestions”