Hero Suggestion Void of a Title and Name

If you want to suggest a hero or a modification to a current hero, please make a new topic and post it here. Please follow the stickied setup for suggestions (Unless it's a modification).
Lord_of_cheese
Noobite Warrior

Hero Suggestion Void of a Title and Name

Post by Lord_of_cheese » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:52 am

----
the ----
Intelligence; Order
Role; Support, Hero Killing

Level 1 Skill:
Active
Chain

So long as target is alive, all units within X are unable to move Y from target.

Level 1 Skill:
Active
Fate

X% of damage taken by caster is dealt to target. Damage as well as healing endured by target can be similarly felt by caster. Lasts Y seconds.

Level 1 Skill:
Active
End

Deals X damage after Y cast time. Can target allies and self.

Elite:
Active
Cut

Dispels buffs and or debuffs on target and stuns for X seconds. Unlimited cast range.

Ultimate:
Loop
Active

If target falls below X% health during duration, will be healed Y health.

Sort've a plain hero; but I wanted to keep it simple... open to any criticism given. I know the Ultimate is lacking, but I'm working on thinking of something with a little more bang to it. Most abilities with the exception of Loop and Chain will have a very short cooldown.
Last edited by Lord_of_cheese on Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Hero Suggestion Void of a Title and Name

Post by TheDeathstalker » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:09 am

Uh, to be short, no. First of all, this hero has absolutely nothing defining about it, which is readily apparent from the fact that it lacks a name, title, story, theme, or even role. It's just a hodge-podge of mostly uninteresting skills. I'd recommend putting more than 5 minutes into the hero next time. Really picture him in your head, develop who and what he is, then create skills that expand out off of this, creating a true character, and not just a set of skills.

However, let me point out a few key issues with the skills anyways:

Chain: Infinite Duration is a bad thing, especially since this skill gives absolutely no explanation as to who and what can be targeted by this. Also, without any pizzaz, this skill is just boring.
Fate: Thorns aura, but only onto one unit. Lacks any real flair or inspiration, also has nothing to do with the rest of the hero.
End: Uh, what? Deals damage, but can target allies? Sit and think real hard about this one for a minute.
Cut: No. Just... no. Infinite cast range stun? How much more bullshitty of a skill can you get? Also, a key thing to note in DoE and AotZ is that unless it has some greater purpose, you'll rarely, if ever, see stun with heroes. If you want permastun, you've picked the wrong map (one of the reasons I like these so much)
Loop: Nowhere even near the caliber of an Ultimate, not to mention it, again, lacks pizzaz and has nothing to do with the hero.

If you're looking for somewhere to just slap down random skills you came up with, there's one of those in the DoE Hero Suggestion area, otherwise this is for sugguesting a full fledged hero.

Also, Welcome to the Forums
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Lord_of_cheese
Noobite Warrior

Post by Lord_of_cheese » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:25 am

Lotta input, lol.

When I came up with the abilities, I was looking purely at the synergy between them. I take way too long to make things fancy and flowery. Pretty and whatnot. So I just left everything essentially bare-bone. I'm going to spend some time making things more interesting and whatnot when the ideas come to me.

Cold Phoenix
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Cold Phoenix » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:19 am

Hey Cheese, I see you've met Deathstalker. He is somewhat of a 'hardcore' hero reviewer, he really gets into it.
Your move.

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:19 am

First, let me talk about his role. You want him to be a Support; Hero Killer (I assume helping others to kill heros).

Chain: Well, I'm going to assume you can only target units with this or it would be sorely rigged. Even so, it's a basic form of movement restriction. Having said that, it isn't really that awesome, because I fail to see any form of synergy with the other skills. However, this skill does have one thing (which I assume is why it's here), which is keeping to his role.

Fate: Well, this is an unbelievelly simple skill that, after examining a while, can be pretty good. First of the uses I note is to link yourself to an ally and camp at the fountain. However, that is a rather limiting defensive tactic that should be reserved for defending. The more obvious use is to link yourself to the enemy and take damage. This isn't very useful unless you're getting attacked, and then again, sucks because you're an Intelligence hero. The Final use I have noted is to quickly link yourself to an enemy who is about to heal so you too can be healed, probably the most practical use.

End: This is a skill that I have a bone to pick with. At it's best it deals damage with Fate (better ways to do this), breaks Chain (why would you do that?) or just fufils the condition for Loop (not that amazingly too). Damage to enemies doesn't do anything amazing for this hero, and it's counter-synergetic to damage someone you used Fate on. You'd be killing yourself!

Cut: Erm. Random and pointless as far as I am concerned. There isn't any reason I would want to debuff anyone. The stun is just icing on the cake I believe. Unless Fate/Chain/End places a buff, but even so, dispelling your own spells without a way to abuse that is pointless.

Loop: This is just instant-kill with Fate, which is....... kind of meh. Or just continous healing of an ally. I'd rather this replace Cut. It's more of an Elite than an Ultimate.

Conclusion: Cut/End have to go. Loop should be an Elilte rather than an Ultimate. Chain needs a re-work.

Yea, but that's just my opinion. If I missed out anything, fill me in.
Its... its... a NEW SIG!! OMG!!

O_O"

Konnar
Noobite Warrior

Post by Konnar » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:28 pm

theDeathstalker, I think you need to think about heroes a bit before waving them off as completely random. It took me 10 seconds to understand this one.

I'll name him X

The mandatory skill is Fate - I assume you'd want X to have a big chunk of HP to be able to bring down the enemy's health along with X's. This isn't a simple thorns aura, ALL damage recieved by the caster is felt by the target, think soul link. If cast on a self-healing hero, it preserves its utility - where such a hero would normally outlive another one, in this case X can easily wear him down. Of course you'd have to moderate this skill, 100% damage return would be too easy - you'd just have to have more HP than the enemy hero and get hurt a lot to kill your target.

I don't really get Chain's point, and it can go wrong in too many scenarios anyways.

End can be a simple nuke. End can also be cast on yourself as a synergy to Fate. Enemy hero running away from you and End is taking too long to cast ? Slap fate on the enemy, get pummelled by enemy spawns and cast End on yourself. NEAT.

There are a number of scenarios where Cut would be mildly useful, however I think dispelling buffs is a no-no in AotZ. Infinite range, surefire stun seems a lot too. Maybe you could make it more powerful and place it as an ultimate ?

Loop - another synergy to Fate, you get healed and thus can get hurt more, thus damaging the enemy more. Works in teamwork as well.

I really like the concept of sacrificing yourself to damage the enemy. This hero though has too many weaknesses - Chain and Cut aren't really implementable without breaking a lot of stuff imo. Loop I imagine as being somewhat weak for an ultimate because as far as I know ultimates are supposed to be the super shizzle in AotZ (although if Fate would be castable on multiple targets simultaneously with Loop healing a lot, it would be very powerful)

If you can't make something out of this hero Dusk, I really think there are some cool concepts to be recycled.

Edit : I'm an idiot. I didn't actually read lightburner's post

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:14 am

Lord_of_cheese wrote:Intelligence
Your biggest flaw in "Fate".

My biggest quarrel with End is that while it is a simple nuke, it plain sucks when I can just drop it on an enemy. The only situation I would use it on myself or an ally is with Fate.
Its... its... a NEW SIG!! OMG!!

O_O"

Konnar
Noobite Warrior

Post by Konnar » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:19 pm

Thus the interest of having a Fate-esque ability targeting multiple enemy heroes

Return to “Hero Suggestions”