Xora, Imagination Fiend

If you want to suggest a hero or a modification to a current hero, please make a new topic and post it here. Please follow the stickied setup for suggestions (Unless it's a modification).
LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Xora, Imagination Fiend

Post by LightburneR » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:57 am

Xora,
Imagination Fiend
Intelligence; The Hallowed Order

First Notes: Before you read on, everything here is a proto-type build and hasn't been finalized yet.

=======================================

The lines between our reality and yours shift with just one thought.
One imagination.

Our hearts twin as one, and now beat with the same pulse.
Our minds seperate, our goals tied.

We are, reality and a thought.
Tied between the plane of existance, and that which does not.

To see it, we must realise it.
To imagine, is to be powerful.

Strength is within our mind.
And with our mind, we shall create strength.

What exists must be thought,
What doesn't, has not.

To project, is our power.
Our power, is to imagine.

=======================================

Level 1 Skill:
Imagination Field (Passive)
  • What is real? What is not? The questions asked have two answers; Yes, and No.
    The area around Xora is constantly changing shape and form. Whenever a nearby unit casts a spell, expand this area by X radius for Y seconds. Enemies within this area take Z% damage of any damage they inflict with a spell.
Level 1 Skill:
Imagine: Broken Imperfection (Active)
  • Imperfection in multitude, Shattered in singularity but united as wholes
    Deal X% of the total damage taken from attacks within the last Z seconds, continously for Y seconds in the area.
Level 1 Skill:
Mental Links (Channelling)
  • The target unit cannot move. Xora and the target unit gain X health per second whilst channelled. Channels for Y seconds. Whilst Limitless is active, both units are instead healed by (X*(100%+Z%)).
Z% is the same value as Y% in Limitless.

Ultimate:
Limitless (Toggleable Passive)
  • The Human Mind is limited; Yet, the eye of the mind sees far and without limit
    Increases Xora's maximum health by X whilst activated, but causes Xora to take Y% more damage.
Elite
Broken Bonds (Active)
  • Ours minds were seperate, yet hearts as one. Break our bonds, Ace and Ace; Hearts of two.
    For Y seconds, Xora's health is set to X, expand Imagination Field's area by Z each second and Broken Imperfection is constantly cast (without channelling) around Xora. Also, Mental Links do not heal the target if it is an enemy.
Its... its... a NEW SIG!! OMG!!

O_O"

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Re: Xora, Imagination Fiend

Post by LightburneR » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:42 am

I think I've somewhat finished the general build on his(its) skillset.

O_O"

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:28 am

Errr... Ok, first things first...
LightburneR wrote:What is real? What is not? The questions asked have two answers; Yes, and No.
Cut the existentialism, you're doing it wrong. The first question has as many answers as the universe has atoms, and the second has even more. Ok, now that I've got the hero nitpick checked off my list, on to the hero itself.

Skills:
Imagination Field: Uh, magic thorns aura, interesting, but impossible to balance, considering Z would either be useless for single target spells, or overpowered for AoE. Also, conceptually it just doesn't hold, as this hero isn't quite the support beast that Hollow is, and it just seems this skill doesn't quite fit.
Broken Imperfection: This is a better idea, nice skill, although it does require you to get your ass kicked, and as a support type hero, I don't see that going over well
Mental Links: No. Sorry, but no. While this may *seem* fair because you are immobilized too and you're both being healed, you have to consider the fact that you are in control of this. You swing in with 2-3 buddies, perma-freeze a target hero, and gank, gg. I don't see much of a way to salvage this skill either, unless you can find the brilliant solution to make a long term immobilization of an enemy hero fair.
Limitless: Here's where the focus problem comes into play again (from your other hero), the hero may benefit from more health, and may benefit from taking more damage, but in practice you aren't a tank, if you're taking damage, no matter what, you're doing something wrong as a support hero. That's just about all there is to it. Support heroes are exactly that, support. They thrive on staying behind the lines without taking damage and controlling the flow of battle. This hero is trying to buck against that, but just not well enough.
Broken Bonds: Hollow Insta-kills, and you settle for just removing limiters from your other skills? I really don't see this working as awesomely as ultimates should in 3.00 sadly. Also, I think you flipped Elite and Ultimate, just going by order.

See my other comments on your DoE hero for the rest of what I need to say.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:25 am

Xora's role would be somewhat like a Tank without the threat and a disabler - Action Restrictor.

Imagination Field: Since spells are mana free in 3.00, it's pretty much clear that people would drop spells left and right if they had a low cooldown. Imagination Field would cause people to think twice before using their spells, in other words, he restricts careless usage of spells and punishes it sorely. Also, on the Y% damage return, I think it would be better if it dealt a fixed damage.

Broken Imperfection: Like Imagination Field, people would consider twice before attacking you.

Mental Links: I guess, perhaps if it slowed rather than just out-right disabling.

Limitless: I see your logic behind this, I didn't realise it earlier. Hm ok. I will have to replace this.

Broken Bonds: Oh sorry, this is an Ultimate. Regardless, this is indirectly saying "I have Immolation for Y seconds and increases in damage if someone decides to attack you! In additional, noone can cast a spell without taking damage in a wide area and I can disable you for 3-4 seconds without healing you! Oh did I mention? You can't kill me too!!!"

Edit: I will update my main post after a few more opinions.

O_O"

Return to “Hero Suggestions”