Sefphir, Rising Blood

If you want to suggest a hero or a modification to a current hero, please make a new topic and post it here. Please follow the stickied setup for suggestions (Unless it's a modification).
Ragnarokio
Noobite Warrior

Sefphir, Rising Blood

Post by Ragnarokio » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:12 pm

Sefphir
Rising Blood
Agility Based (Low-Medium health and MP, High attack speed and movement speed, Medium-high attack)
Could be Bane or Order

STORY: Sefphir is a male human vampire and his main power is manipulating kinetic energy, he can use this to augment his speed and power or to fire off bolts of force. His weapon of choice is a Rapier. He was originally a rogue, robbing people on the street, trying to survive in a harsh village. One day he chose to rob the wrong person, a vampire. It didn't take long for the vampire to subdue him, and convert him as well. Sefphir was made the vampires servent, following his command, but always training in secret for the day where he would overthrow his master, killing the vampire and regaining his freedom. One day while Sefphir and his master were hunting he saw his chance, immediately Sefphir launched himself into combat, after a long drawn out battle Sefphir conquered over his master gaining his independance.

Abilities:
Level 1 Skill
Gravitus
  • Type: Targeted Area of Effect
    Sefphir creates an orb of kinetic energy at the targeted location. For the next X seconds all enemies within Y range will be pulled towards the orb. After X seconds all enemies will take Z damage for each enemy within Y range of the orb.
Level 1 Skill
Bloodlink
  • Type: Debuff DOT (melee)
    Sefphir bites an enemy infusing that enemy with dark energies. That enemy will be slowly pulled towards Sefphir for the duration of the ability, dealing damage based on how close he is to Sefphir. If an enemy dies while under the effect of this ability Sefphir will gain X life and the ability cooldown will be reset.
Level 1 Skill
Vampiric Conversion
  • Type: Passive
    Whenever Sefphir kills an enemy they will have an X% chance to be ressurected as a vampire under the control of the (bane/order) with Y% health, heroes are ressurected with Z% health instead.

Level 6 Elite
    Kinetic Boost
    • Type: Self Buff
      Sepfhir augments his physical abilities using Kinetic energy. For X seconds he will move and attack Y% Faster. During this time enemies within Z range will be drawn in towards Sefphir
    Level 11 Ultimate
    Angel's Dance
    • Type: Passive
      Sefphir's ultimate technique gives him complete control over kinetic forces, combining his vampire powers with his kinetic powers he can improve his abilities by drawing force from nearby enemies. Sefphir will evade X% of all attacks and will attack and move Y% faster based on how many enemies are within Z range of him.
Last edited by Ragnarokio on Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Re: Sefphir, Rising Blood

Post by Loki » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:43 pm

Code: Select all

[SIZE=175]Proper Name[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=125]Title[/SIZE]
    Primary Attribute; Team.

Story.

[b]Level 1 Skill:[/b]
    [i]Skill #1 Name[/i][LIST]Description.
    [/LIST][b]Level 1 Skill:[/b]
    [i]Skill #2 Name[/i][LIST]Description.
    [i]Skill #3 Name[/i][LIST]Description.
    [i]Skill #4 Name[/i][LIST]Description.
    [/LIST][b]Level 6 Ultimate:[/b]
    [i]Skill #5 Name[/i][LIST]Description.
    [/LIST]Comments.
Here you go.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Ragnarokio
Noobite Warrior

Post by Ragnarokio » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:49 pm

Loki wrote:

Code: Select all

[SIZE=175]Proper Name[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=125]Title[/SIZE]
    Primary Attribute; Team.

Story.

[b]Level 1 Skill:[/b]
    [i]Skill #1 Name[/i][LIST]Description.
    [i]Skill #2 Name[/i][LIST]Description.
    [i]Skill #3 Name[/i][LIST]Description.
    [/LIST][b]Level 6 Ultimate:[/b]
    [i]Skill #4 Name[/i][LIST]Description.
    [/LIST]Comments.
Here you go.
Thankyou, i'll be fixing my thing up now, and probably edit in a story to.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:00 pm

Don't forget a skill 5. I forgot to add it in there.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Ragnarokio
Noobite Warrior

Post by Ragnarokio » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 pm

Loki wrote:Don't forget a skill 5. I forgot to add it in there.
thanks, i got it. Any comments on the actual hero?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:36 pm

Now that it's not just a wall of text, sure. :p
First...

Welcome to the forums and stuff, enjoy your stay!
Also, you really don't have to list mana costs and cooldowns and stuff like that. Numbers are only to give a rough estimate of the general strength of an ability or if you really want to emphasize something (like a spell being spammable, etc). Otherwise, you can probably just get rid of them and assume that if anything from the hero gets implemented in the map that I'll handle the balance.

Just throwing this out there: kinetic energy vampire is uhm.. Questionable? It seems completely out of place, I guess.

The hero actually isn't bad all things considered, it's just got a huge counterproductive design. First of all, notice how his passive and ultimate both teleport him to enemies, but the second skill deals damage based on how far away the enemy is. Note also that you have knockbacks hooked into this too, which results in random teleportation/knockback chaos. Maybe that rings your bell, but it sounds completely off the rocker to me. You should either have him focus on being far away from enemies and thus they want to stay close (where he can punch them) or focus on him staying nearby enemies where they want to escape (and thus have skills on him that keep him close to them). See how much better either of those two flow as opposed to what you've got now?
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Ragnarokio
Noobite Warrior

Post by Ragnarokio » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:55 pm

About the kinetic vampire thing, i picture him as kind of a vampire with jedi-type abilities, but with more of a swordsman vibe, if that feels any more "in place"

Also, i reworked him so hes based on drawing enemies into him now, any better?

Freezern
Champion Noobite

Post by Freezern » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:44 am

Ragnarokio wrote:About the kinetic vampire thing, i picture him as kind of a vampire with jedi-type abilities, but with more of a swordsman vibe, if that feels any more "in place"
Not sure if that feels more "in place", but now he sounds like Kain from the LoK series.
Which isn't a terrible character to base an AoS hero on if you ask me.
Just a straight up copy paste of a couple select abilities from his Blood Omen 1 arsenal would make a great hero.

And then we could have Raziel on the opposing team!

Return to “Hero Suggestions”