Hollow, The Last Breath Before Dying

Any suggestion deemed fitting for the map will be moved here for all to see and discuss. Once heroes are made, the topics here will be closed and all further discussion should be done in the appropriate forum.
Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Hollow, The Last Breath Before Dying

Post by Kurogamon » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:22 pm

By heroes being able to be picked by both teams, I mean SOME heroes. I realize this game has more lore than the average 5-book epic, but there are some heroes who are so versatile or with such conflicting/uncertain lore that they should be allowed to be picked by either team.
Kurogamon wrote:What do you think about the others?
Ahem...
Can you hear them?

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:24 pm

What heroes do you think don't fit in their respective teams?
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Ehh, at the moment, the balance is good. Future heroes, though, like Natch, which is in my herobuilding exercise thread, are ambiguous in allegiance and could go either way. Would apply to Hollow too, I guess.
Can you hear them?

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:43 pm

There's an important key to AotZ heroes there, Kuro. While mildly storyless heroes may work in DoE, there's a higher standard in AotZ, the hero and the story, the allegiance, they all have to be well founded and workable, not just some formless hero with some skills.

The other skills of Hollow you didn't say much for that hasn't been covered, Echoing Eulogy rocks, we all know that, but chaining the units is always a bad idea, just trust us on this one. Oh, and (because I don't feel like touching Aethum right now), the difference is mathematical. Your suggestion is an exponential one (damage*(100+Percent)^(number of hits)), which is generally bad, while a linear growth (X*time) is conceivably workable. If you don't believe me, get a calculator and try these things, graph them if you can, and the problem becomes clear very fast.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:07 pm

Hollow is about as ambiguous as Grayl is, believe it or not. Grayl holds no allegiance whatsoever to the Bane, he is only there by default and because his motives appear in line with that of the Bane. He just doesn't fit in with the Order, but that does not mean he has nothing he desires to learn of them. There's an intricate plot there that I've only told in hushed whispers thus far. Let's not spoil it all here, though.

Also, I want to emphasize something. What you see before you in this topic is in no way what will be created in the map. All that I can guarantee will carry over are the name and the title (since I suggested it to Kao in the first place). So suggestions are welcome, but I accepted this hero on the preface that I already knew what I'd be turning him into. If you want to find such details out, that is what an eternity of time in waiting is for.

And what says Hollow won't be available to both teams? The first post?
Rising_Dusk wrote:What you see before you in this topic is in no way what will be created in the map.
You can use your imagination, as I won't make promises I won't keep.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:18 pm

Awesome, he's getting made. Zenith's Oblivion made him sound awesome enough.

Then I'll hold comment until he's out!
Can you hear them?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:33 pm

Guess I should move him to accepted or something then, huh..
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Accepted Hero Suggestions”