WoW accomplishments? Lol?

Discuss Blizzard's popular MMO here. Released late 2004, World of Warcraft has amassed over 9 million player accounts!
Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

WoW accomplishments? Lol?

Post by Oxygen » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:38 pm

Yeah so, what have you personally achieved during your WoW gameplay? Only to realize that it was an epic waste of time?

As for myself... I've made 3 levle 60 characters, one of which is Grand Marshal ranked... and for those who wouldn't know, this basically means not leaving your house for 3 months strait. I've gone around much of the game content... yeah.

Also have a 70, pretty much wearing the best gear available. Good thing though, I didn't waste that much time on this character to realize how terrible that game was, how much of a waste it was... So in total, on all my characters, I've probably got something close to... well... let me add up... 20+20+70+30+various alts... Yeah. Close to 16o days playtime. And 300$ to blizzard. Heh. To know that during all this time I could've worked out, studied...

What did YOU achieve? ( except wasting precious days of your life )

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Re: WoW accomplishments? Lol?

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:12 pm

At least he recognizes his problem, now we can begin healing him...dammit, I don't know the next step after "Admitting you have a problem."
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

The Colonel
Letter Linguist

Post by The Colonel » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:39 pm

I managed to run Molten Core a few times, then it got boring and I dropped it.

Cold Phoenix
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Cold Phoenix » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:41 pm

People don't quit WoW, they just take breaks.
Your move.

The Colonel
Letter Linguist

Post by The Colonel » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:09 pm

So far my breaks been for 16 months.

Halnodor2
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Halnodor2 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:31 pm

Hello, my Halnador and I am an ex-wow addict. I had 60 days played on my level 60 dwarf paladin, before Burning Crusade. I decided to quit January 3rd 2007. Achievements. 4/9 of tier 3 (Not sure if it was 8 or 9 set) the rest was BlackWing Liar. Countless BWL runs, Countless AQ runs, Countless MC runs. There was not one dungeon in WoW that I had not run and finished except Naxxaramax . Had a level 40 warlock I was leveling at the same time. I played from the games release.

WoW was probably the biggest thing single thing that I had wasted my time, and you know what, I don't regret it. This game is behind me though. I was upset about the direction they headed in Burning Crusade, rewarding new players and making a lot of gear obsolete. Thats really all I gotta say, and you know what I'm going to repeat this in a different game soon enough, its how it goes.

Logue
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Logue » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:52 pm

I just recently started playing, so I don't have anything as cool as you guys do for accomplisments.... My biggest one so far would probably be that I recently got to 40 (thus getting my mount) on one of my characters. Although I'm not currently playing that one at the moment, I am playing a tauren shaman, who just reached 32 (thus getting my windfury totem), and I'm pretty excited about that.

Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Pigger » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:13 am

I quit last April, a great decision on my part. I had been playing since two weeks after release. I had a level 70 Dwarf Hunter (Named Pigger :D), a level 70 Human Mage (Named Pygger, how original!), and a level 63 Tauren Shaman (Named Pidger!). My hunter was my pride and joy, I got him his epic flying mount a week before my account ran out (Sounds stupid but it was worth it). I had had 7/8 tier 1 on my hunter for almost the entire time I was 60 (My raiding guild had TONS of hunter drops) and I sat with it for over a year and a half until I got lucky and finally got my pants. I've raided all of Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, and only have done portions of AQ. I basically stopped raiding after I school started my senior year of high school and become a casual. I was on Shattered Hand server (Home of Death and Taxes & Drama), but them Blizz opened up transfers and everyone left which turned the server into an inbred cult.

My biggest accomplishment is I made friends that I have kept for three years now. I do not regret WoW, I merely do not wish to ever pick it back up again.

/endlifestory

RadON
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by RadON » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:17 am

I begged for money with several different accounts, gave them to one of my newest one (none of which begged) and ended up with 2500 gold at level 1. Is that an accomplishment?

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:40 pm

RadON wrote:I begged for money with several different accounts, gave them to one of my newest one (none of which begged) and ended up with 2500 gold at level 1. Is that an accomplishment?
No, gtfo. Btw, this thread is an epic fail. Wow sux. Delete plx!

Gakuto (aiyoriaoshi)
Champion Noobite

Post by Gakuto (aiyoriaoshi) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:03 am

I have a lvl 70 mage with what I thought was awesome gear, yet she isn't allowed in a lot of higher hardcore mode instances because of her gear.

I also have a lvl 61 warrior that I've had longer than that 70 mage. Basically I started that mage when I bought expansion in early october 2007 and got her to 70 in november 2007. I made sure to save in an inn every single night!

Back to the warrior now! My warrior had full valor set, then I turned 3-4 pieces into that .5 tier set. This was before expansion of course! I have one piece of might gear from MC so far back.

I certainly miss the good old days on wow. I think BC butchered it greatly! I played wow again from october 2007 to late Janurary 2008. I think I'll play again someday, just not any time soon.

ShoopLor
Champion Noobite

Post by ShoopLor » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:28 am

I only had a 47 Mage, that I forgot that existed, but I'll play again now, cause I haven't even seen what are the fun things to do when you reach lv60.
Wisdom is the key, if reality is ready.

Cecil
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Cecil » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:59 pm

The Colonel wrote:I managed to run Molten Core a few times...
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

The Colonel
Letter Linguist

Post by The Colonel » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:29 pm

Dude, I was on Shattered Hand in the guild Asylum. It's a PvP server, one of the first, and one of the biggest, and I'd gank people 6 levels above me, but just because it's a PvP server doesn't mean people avoid dungeons like the plague.

If you need proof look up the character Lenthar, he was my main while I still played.

Logue
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Logue » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:42 am

The Colonel wrote:and I'd gank people 6 levels above me
Eh... You were a hunter. The only thing I hate more than a Hunter is a Rogue.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Lenthar

Oh, and there are going to be Achievements in WoW when WotLC comes out, some of them sound pretty interesting:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/fe ... ements.xml

Return to “World of Warcraft”