GW2 VZ Server?

The MMORPG revolutionary by ANet combining classic instances with massive online gaming to create one of the most original and phenomenal games ever.
shalnath
Holder of the Alt-F4

GW2 VZ Server?

Post by shalnath » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:18 pm

If anyone else got into the recent Beta Weekend Event, you probably noticed that there are many different servers to choose from and the server you choose is the server ALL of the characters you create will be stuck on. I was hoping we could get a VZ congregation going on one of the servers by release so we can all play together.

What servers did you all pick? Did you enjoy the BWE? Was it what you expected?

Personally it was exactly what I thought it would be. The game is being hyped up a lot by fans but is still looking to be a very good game. A couple things I was disappointed with was that there is almost no condition interaction between abilities what-so-ever and cooldowns are very long with short durations. This sometimes left combat feeling stale and unengaging. However, I spent most of the weekend trying every class and didn't have enough time to get them past level 7 or 8 so it may change at higher levels with traits and such. Mesmer and Thief were my favorites and I absolutely love what they've done with weapon swapping and elemental attunements. Overall I thought it was a very successful weekend and had a lot of fun. The Charr look incredible.
"Within every world, there are cultures, within every culture, there are groups, within every group, there are leaders. These leaders are not truly chosen, they are destined, it is their fate to lead, and it is this fate that drives them. Souls yearn to be driven, they in themselves can not direct, however, these leaders are predetermined, by whatever means, to guide the wills and mend the errors of these wandering souls. A forest, cold, cured, flawless, meticulous, and fearful, what drives it, what keeps the balance? The inner beings of all the co-existant creatures swarm together, and every one is guided by another, in more a cycle, then a hierarchy. The eyes of a forest are always watching and guiding, yet the sun never sets on the forest, and it never shall." ~ The Chaos Theory

Fledermaus
Keeper of the Keys

Re: GW2 VZ Server?

Post by Fledermaus » Wed May 02, 2012 9:40 pm

shalnath wrote:A couple things I was disappointed with was that there is almost no condition interaction between abilities what-so-ever
Should have hired Dusk rawr!

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue May 29, 2012 10:13 am

Right now, I've had many friends from multiple game sources congregate around me (I am the center of the universe) on the Jade Quarry server once the game is live. You are welcomed to the kickass guild we'll be running, conveniently known as Superiority Complex (until I find something better).

Fledermaus
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Fledermaus » Tue May 29, 2012 10:54 am

Oxymoron?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:28 am

I'll probably still get it when it comes out, but somehow I just haven't been in the MMO mood for a very long time. I just don't have the daily hours I did in college where I could pound GW for 8 hours straight and generally kick arse. Fortunately, GW2 still has the only marketing plan where I can play the game for half an hour and not feel like a waste of life, so I'll probably still pick it up.

Either way, I really need to finish my account on GW1 before I do that. I am 1/10 to Leg Survivor on my Necro (ugh I AM NOT MOTIVATED TO DO THIS) and I need like 40 ZKeys still. Once I get those two things done, my account will be 30/30 and 50/50, meaning God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals and legendary on the HoM site. So yeah, if I actually finish those two things, I'll definitely get GW2. If you have ZKeys, please give them to me and make my life easier. ;_;
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Guild Wars 2”