[B-] Azrael Glick

Let's play a game. If you win, you might just get some representation in DoE!
Kings_Mercy
Revenent of the Replies

[B-] Azrael Glick

Post by Kings_Mercy » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:55 pm

Azrael Glick
Soul Nomad

Level 1 Skill:
Soul Intrusion

Channeled - Azrael sends his soul into target enemy units body fighting for control. The fight between the souls cripples/maims target hero untill Azrael stops channeling or untill target is out of range of Azrael. Azrael channels spell using X mana per second. Range increases with level.

Level 1 Skill:
Soul Puppet

Channeled - Arael sends his soul into an ally non-hero unit taking controll of target. Units attacks now ruin target for X seconds every attack. When Azraels leaves the body or the unit goes out of range of Azrael the unit explodes dealing damage equal to remaining life of unit to surrounding enemies. Range and ruin length increases with level.

Level 1 Skill:
Soul Chain

Channeled AOE - Azrael connects the souls of his companions with his own in an AOE. Whenever an ally unit dies 10% of what the units full life goes to every other unit or hero in the AOE. % increases with level 10, 15, 20, 25, 30. Death of heros does not go to the health regain.

Ultimate:
Soul barrier

Whenever Azrael is channeling he summons the spirits of his fallen allies to protect his useless body. Azrael becomes invisible while channeling ,and when enemy units/heros attack or cast a spell within Y range they become maimed/crippled and take X damage for ever attack/cast. Damage taken would have to be considerably low like maxing out at 30 or some such number.

Comments:

-As you all probably niticed ever skill listed is channeled I did that with the purpose of leaving him open and vulnerable. Once you get his ultimate it will become considerably easier with him being invisible, but he is still a target for spells.

-I kepts that first skill that was liked from the first contest and tried to build a little more off from that.

-The soul puppet is a good nuke and good way to get some damage done from a distance you can controll one of your creeps ruin the person trying to fight with the wave and explode doing a considerable amount of damage especially if you do it when he creep has full life. This would have to limit the creeps that can be taken over of course.

-Soul chain is nice in that its a good way to keep a wave alive if your in a base. Yours or theirs one creep dies lets say it has about 200 life even at level 1 tats 20 life to every other unit in the AOE including yourself level 3 your getting 60 life for every unit that dies in the circle. It may not seem like a lot but it adds up.

-The ultimate is just a nice way to protect your body while your channeling your invisible but you are still a target for spells but even if they cast a spell they pay for it by taking a bit of damage and being crippled/maimed for other heroes or units around you to take care of. This would also be nice if your alone just cast the soul intrusion on a creep and let the rest of them take damage every attack they do while being maimed and crippled.

I figure even using the cripple spell if your stuck in an enemy base alone can buy you bit of time before the towers bombard you as well. kind of like atrus blinding a unit.
Last edited by Kings_Mercy on Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TheIrishPatriot
Grandmaster of Grammar

Re: Azrael Glick (Revised)

Post by TheIrishPatriot » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:02 pm

Change "Glick" :P.
Read my prose please :).
An tírghrá Éireannach

Kings_Mercy
Revenent of the Replies

Re: Azrael (Revised)

Post by Kings_Mercy » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:01 am

Alright i suppose thats easy enough.

Kings_Mercy
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Kings_Mercy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:11 am

Changed the first spell to work on enemy units as well, i dont know why i had it for only heroes......

Kings_Mercy
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Kings_Mercy » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:34 pm

Well i whent through and tweaked hima little. Small changes a few specifics added.

2-P
Revenent of the Replies

Post by 2-P » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:42 pm

I really like all the spells besides the maim/cripple effect of the ultimate.
IMO it's better to avoid using percent when damaging/healing, so maybe use a fixed number for Soul Chain.

But I fear that the hero could be kinda boring to play because he has three channeling spells. Yeah Aurea has also three, but she has rather short channeling durations. Soul Intrusion and especially Soul Chain seem to need a long duration to be truly effective.
Of course I can't say that for sure without playing the hero. oO
Additionally, Puppet + Intrusion would be an awesome combo. =/

So, what about that?
Make Puppet a non-channeling spell. The out of range thing still counts, so you can't move too far away from them.
Then let Barrier make you not only invisible while you're channeling, but also as long as you're in control of a puppet. That would be hax. xD
If Puppet would be "spammable" you could also convert a bunch of creeps before you start channeling Soul Chain.
Humans don't have the patience to wait even ten minutes for something!

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:23 pm

Review:
  • General Pros:
    - This hero's actually really cool
    I love the dynamic of invisible while channeling, the ultimate pulls the whole thing together so nicely.
    - First two skills are nicely done, I like the dynamic of the first one and the second one a lot
  • General Cons:
    - None of his spells can synergize because they're all channeled and none have lingering effects
    - Third skill is pretty dumb, honestly, you can't rely on units dying left and right, it's counterproductive
    - Ultimate is cool just for invis, everything else is worthless and should be removed. Remember that simplicity is good
  • Final Thoughts:
    - Nice hero, actually, I'm impressed. I actually had to read him through four times because it intrigued me. Good job.
    - Still needs a lot of work, but you've got a sound hero here, work with it.
  • End Grade:
    B-
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Contest #2”