[C-] Ahrus Reich, Lightkeeper

Let's play a game. If you win, you might just get some representation in DoE!
Sabertooth
Revenent of the Replies

[C-] Ahrus Reich, Lightkeeper

Post by Sabertooth » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:52 pm

Ahrus
Argonian(?)Lightkeeper
MELEE Intelligence
The Hallowed Order

Story.

Level 1 Skill:
Envelop
  • Ahrus calls light to envelop the targeted allied unit/hero, causing it to become invisible for X seconds but maiming it for Y seconds. Any enemies the enveloped ally attacks will take +15 damage per condition they were suffering. (Yes, he can target himself.)
Level 1 Skill:
Lightcarve
  • Ahrus swings his blade and dashes X range forward towards the targeted point. He blinds all units he passes through and releases a beam of light at the end, dealing Y damage and blinding and burning all nearby units. (This spell should be semi-spammable with not a long distance.)
Level 1 Skill:
Skyshield
  • (Toggleable) While this ability is active, enemies who attack Ahrus will become maimed and blinded. He also passively gives nearby units (but not himself) a Y% chance every second to reflect conditions back to the causer of them.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Spectrum
  • Ahrus splits his inner light source into X clones of himself. These clones have no pathing and take X% more damage. These clones share any debuffs or buffs that Ahrus receives while this skill is active. Lasts Y seconds. (Clones deal the same damage as Ahrus)
Comments.
Possible spellbreaker? =P
I like the way he works, or I do now, as I have a habit of loathing heroes after i make them. =P
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Following what Oxi did:
Questions to Think About:

What does the Order need? - Don't really know, I like the Order's setup.
Is my hero overdone or cliche? - Light hero? Yes! This way? No!
Is my hero simple enough? - I think he's very simple.
Have I seen my hero's style elsewhere before? - Not that I know of.
Does it have enough condition interaction? - Not within himself.
Is that condition interaction solid and appropriate for both team and solo settings? - Definitely, I feel.
Does my ultimate feel like it belongs as an ultimate? - Yes.
Is my hero's ultimate useful no matter what skills the player picks for the hero? - Of course. It almost made that way.
Is my hero too passive? - Nope
Would my hero be fun to play? - I fink so.
Does my hero require skill to play effectively? - Not...really.
Does my hero have too many click-shoot skills? - 50/50 on that one.
Does my hero have a defined role, theme, or style? - Yes.
Did I rush when I made my hero? - Of course, i never plan heroes out. =P
Do any skills feel filler? - I started out with Lightcarve, but i feel now the skills revolve around Envelop, so no.
Does everyone else seem to like it? - ...I havn't talked to anyone else D:
Does my hero have a retarded or meaningless title and/or name? - Not really. I guess titles make sense with a story, which is optional. I see him as an understudy/once disicple to Glasse.
Would my hero fit into DoE? - As i see it, yes.
Would I play my hero? - I would not make it if I would not play it. Yes.
Would others? - I'd think so.
Do I have an idea what my hero would look like? Any ideas for models? - Spellbreaker model would be cool in my opinion.
Does my hero follow the correct format? - Of. Course.
Last edited by Sabertooth on Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

snakehawk37
Holder of the Alt-F4

Re: Ahrus Reich, Lightkeeper

Post by snakehawk37 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:05 pm

Ahrus has a X% chance to become He also passively
What is the missing word, invisible?

Sabertooth
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Sabertooth » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:00 am

ARGH yes. Damned fixing of skills ftl.

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by BD423 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:56 pm

only thing i can say is why maim but give the target extra damage based on conditions? could simplify it by just taking maim away and keeping it as is or just giving it flat break damage.
I swear to drunk im not god.

Sabertooth
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Sabertooth » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:08 pm

Because the maim would last at most half the time the invisibility lasts, or thats how i pictured it working.
Which, depending on the situation, could be good or bad.

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:10 pm

The problem I see is the first skill. While it is true that Dusk wants the heroes to have Maim, it is problematic that it gives +dmg to the unit for each condition it has. It just seems like it's counterproductive.

EDIT: You just posted about this. But I still have concerns. If it lasts half as long, you want the hero to maim itself then wait around invisible until the maim ends then attacks. It still seems counterproductive.

Sabertooth
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Sabertooth » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:52 pm

Meh, I see your point BD/Phox. I kinda just stuck maim in there so it didnt seem too bad.
The point of the + damage per condition is that the clones from his ulti share the buff...so if you envelop yourself, you get an invisible army, which does a lot of damage when focused on it's own, but with the +15 per condition carried over, even with 1 condition it's deadly.
I would say its more useful as an escape or a final blow until you get the ulti, but if a better alternative comes up ill fix it up :D

EDIT: I changed Skyshield a bit. I might remove the blind from it though, but i like it more than a shit chance to become invisible when you can just use the first skill.

Sabertooth
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Sabertooth » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:53 pm

Bump? D:
I did remove Reich from the name though, and I dont know if anyone read in the post above this that i modded Skyshield.

shalnath
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by shalnath » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:09 pm

This hero seems to flow pretty well until you get to the ultimate. Unless Envelop is spammable, then you've got a pretty neat, well-rounded hero.

Nice job.
"Within every world, there are cultures, within every culture, there are groups, within every group, there are leaders. These leaders are not truly chosen, they are destined, it is their fate to lead, and it is this fate that drives them. Souls yearn to be driven, they in themselves can not direct, however, these leaders are predetermined, by whatever means, to guide the wills and mend the errors of these wandering souls. A forest, cold, cured, flawless, meticulous, and fearful, what drives it, what keeps the balance? The inner beings of all the co-existant creatures swarm together, and every one is guided by another, in more a cycle, then a hierarchy. The eyes of a forest are always watching and guiding, yet the sun never sets on the forest, and it never shall." ~ The Chaos Theory

Sabertooth
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Sabertooth » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:52 pm

Unless Envelop is spammable
Yup :D

Thank ye.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:11 pm

Review:
  • General Pros:
    - Lightcarve is cute, but we don't need more blinks and dashing stuff in DoE
  • General Cons:
    - Don't just add in specific conditions everywhere because I wanted one or the other
    - Ugh, clone ultimate again..
    - Third skill is a toggleable envy. It even blinds/maims things that attack you too.
    - Too much stuff going on in the first skill, it's better statwise than half of your hero combined
  • Final Thoughts:
    - Not terrible, could've been better, certainly not overly inspiring.
  • End Grade:
    C-
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Contest #2”