[C+/B-] Zephyr

Let's play a game. If you win, you might just get some representation in DoE!
Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

[C+/B-] Zephyr

Post by Deschain » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:07 pm

Zephyr
Wind Warrior
Agility; Order.

Story.

Level 1 Skill:
Deadly Breeze
  • Active movement. You move up to X range in the direction you are facing. Units you pass through suffer maim for Xsec and bleed for Ysec. This spell knockdowns already maimed or crippled units for Zsec. Cooldown 5sec. Mana cost (medium to high)
Level 1 Skill:
Whisper
  • Self Buff. For next Xsec your attacks inflict Ysec maim. Whenever you hit a moving foe you inflict Z(low) sec cripple.
Level 1 Skill:
Wind Meld
  • Passive. As long as you are moving you will fade-out after Xsec and remain breakably invisible. If do not move for 2sec you'll lose your invisibility. Fade out time is doubled is you are crippled.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Red Tempest
  • Toggleable. While active your attacks do not break invisibility and you can attack while moving. Your attacks extend ruin by Xsec and bleed by Ysec. Huge mana consumption.
Concept:
1.skill - Maim and bleed source. It passes through units but not through trees, blockade etc. If it passes twice through same unit it knocks it down.
2.skill - Main maim source. Especially great if you manage to strike a moving unit.
3.skill - If you move your invisible. If you don't you'll be seen and most likely end up dead.
4.skill - Phoenix fire but in melee range. It should trigger Slash and be affected by blind and maim.

Low life, high agility. This guy is pretty much "If you stop - you die."

PS. Needs good wc3 Icons. Anyone knows some site?
Last edited by Deschain on Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Zephyr

Post by Greenspawn » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:31 pm

the problem with a "you stop, you die" hero is that if you're stunned or knocked down then you're screwed.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by BD423 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:02 pm

one thing i find is that his first skill seems a lil counterproductive, if u were to go for a chasing condition to fit with this hero it should be cripple to keep with its "stay on its feet" theme, stun and kding an opponent make it so that when u atk u stand next to them negating part of the passive. also 1st skill jsut dosnt seem to fit with this hero imo.
I swear to drunk im not god.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:17 pm

Updated hero a bit. Still needs good icons... Don't make me go to hive :(
Greenspawn wrote:the problem with a "you stop, you die" hero is that if you're stunned or knocked down then you're screwed.
You are right however he did have a way of escape ganking back then and now he has Thunderstruck. So if they gank you fly away to safety...
BD423 wrote:one thing i find is that his first skill seems a lil counterproductive, if u were to go for a chasing condition to fit with this hero it should be cripple to keep with its "stay on its feet" theme, stun and kding an opponent make it so that when u atk u stand next to them negating part of the passive. also 1st skill jsut dosnt seem to fit with this hero imo.
Ok added cripple into his second. Also you forgot his ulti. His ulti allows him to attack while moving making him the ultimate invisi-killer (next to Atrius and his stunlock). But if you get crippled... It won't be funny at all.

I don't think you people realise how wind meld works. It counts any movement... even those done by spells. Hell only third and first would make him able to become invisible and strike hard.

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:47 pm

When you land you deal (medium) X damage and maim for Ysec. Already maimed units are knockdown for Zsec.
Stop making such spells, guys! That's forced condition interaction. Generally, this hero is overloaded with conditions which just are there. And I don't think Dusk wants jump, knockback and similiar flashy stuff in DoE. I like the passive though.

Cold Phoenix
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Cold Phoenix » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:41 pm

That's not really forced... It is still useful without the maim, it just becomes more powerful with his other spells. (Or if you can spam the spell if it's low cooldown.)
Your move.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:18 pm

Cold is right. It is low cooldown high mana cost. I thought I cleared that already... Of all the spells I see I consider Slash to be the most forced spell.

I mean if you were struck by thunder (not lightning) it would weaken you or knockdown the already weaken ones. How come his first does maim I got no logical explanations... It just does.

So if anyone has any comments on this hero especially if its playstyle is simmilar to another hero they played please post. It is my greatest concern so far.

RadON
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by RadON » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:32 pm

Simply reading the first skill disqualifies the hero (if you don't get it, Tides of Blood).

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:35 pm

RadON wrote:Simply reading the first skill disqualifies the hero (if you don't get it, Tides of Blood).
Shit. I forgot they would go for AC/DC song... Name changed.

Mr_Poppykins
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Mr_Poppykins » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:18 pm

I think what RadOn meant was that a hero in ToB has a jump damage stun ability, and while the stun on yours is conditional it may be too similar.

The condition interaction on your second skill seems a bit strewn together. A lot's going on there.

I do like the way the invisibility works on this hero, it's pretty neat.

The ult's real powerful though, I'd hope it'd drain mana really fast.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:57 pm

Mr_Poppykins wrote:I think what RadOn meant was that a hero in ToB has a jump damage stun ability, and while the stun on yours is conditional it may be too similar.

The condition interaction on your second skill seems a bit strewn together. A lot's going on there.

I do like the way the invisibility works on this hero, it's pretty neat.

The ult's real powerful though, I'd hope it'd drain mana really fast.
Good call. I'll ask dusk whether it is allowed. But it needs a mobility spell and I can't go for Teleport either.

I agree. Second skill needs more focus. Ulti is supposed to be a spell that depletes your mana faster than you can say Out of Mana (Not literally).

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:18 pm

Review:
  • General Pros:
    - Cool Style and Feel
    - Really Cool Synergy (Sometimes! See below)
  • General Cons:
    - Forced Synergy
    So, your ultimate makes attacks not break invisibility, eh? Well what if I decided as a player to get his first two skills and then his ultimate? Suddenly the ultimate loses 50% of its value just because I didn't pick a specific skill. That's forced synergy, and that's very, very bad.
    - Unnecessary Masochism
    Okay, the title of this one is a bit overdramatic, but basically your third skill's condition interaction is a self-impediment. If you're crippled, you basically can't go invisible unless you wait double the time. That's pretty mean, and something I've tried to avoid in the past. I don't want skills to get more complicated just so they can screw you over, that's counterproductive.
  • Final Thoughts:
    This is actually an all-over pretty cool hero. I didn't get any big-time inspiration from him at this juncture, but he's still pretty cool. The idea of a hypermobile hero that requires moving to be effective is pretty awesome, to be honest. It's really hard to give it a B because I feel its condition interaction is a bit forced, but it's definitely better than a C+.
    Good stuff, dude.
  • End Grade:
    C+/B-
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Contest #2”