[B-] Emery, Star-man

Let's play a game. If you win, you might just get some representation in DoE!
VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

[B-] Emery, Star-man

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:54 pm

Emery
Star-Man
(Just read The Tooth of Crime...be happy I didn't call him Galactic Jack xP)

Intelligence; Order.

Model - Druid of the Talon.

Story existent but pending.

Level 1 Skill:
Orient
"When you use the sky to aim, how can you miss?"
  • Active. After 3 seconds of immobility, Emery shoots an orb of energy that automatically hits the nearest hero for X damage and causes maim for Y seconds. Max range of (? I don't know ranges, but this will stay the same through all levels of the skill.)
Level 1 Skill:
Horoscope
"I owe you one, Saturn."
  • Passive. Any time Emery is hit by an enemy with a condition he has an X% chance to gain breakable invisibility for 3 seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Gravity
"Slow down, the stars aren't going anywhere."
  • Toggle (high cost). All units in X range of Emery are crippled and only lose .Y seconds of duration from conditions for every second spent in range.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Celestial Disturbance
"Let me just nudge Mars a little bit to the right here..."
  • Active. All units in X range blink Y closer to Emery and are maimed for Y seconds. 30 second cooldown.
Last edited by VZhitogoroshi on Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:10 pm, edited 9 times in total.

VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Emery, Star-man

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:07 pm

Redid Emery...but I'm sick so I'm sure there are still flaws. Someone help me out?

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:24 pm

Ball spells, like the first one, look cool with sorceress model. I think it won't look good with talon. And if we're talking about the first spell... It's nice.
Passive. After taking damage equal to X% of his max HP, Emery blinks 300 in a random direction and gains unbreakable invisibility for 5 seconds. Y second cooldown.
I thought of something similiar, but rather a cooldowned passive, chance to fade out (go invisible) for X seconds when hit. That random blink could cause problems, dunno if that's a good idea. But I like the idea of: goes invisible + something if hit/dropped below some value/damaged.

He seems to be built around maim, like Atrius is built around blind. But Atrius seems much more interesting. Just that passive is like totally out of a different box.

What about such ultimate:
Active. All condition-afflicted units have burn condition extended by 1/2/3 seconds each second. Lasts Y, etc. Could be some other condition as well.

VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:18 pm

hmm, good point.
Solar changed to Compact and Horoscope reworked.

VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:48 pm

bump again. I know, double posting is bad, but I think this is an exception as I just changed him again. Including adding lore. :D
To explain the effectivness of his ult - crippling both sides is done because that forces combat, and seeing as all of the enemies are maimed and allies are anti-maimed...>:3 But crippling just the enemies would be imbalanced.xD

RadON
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by RadON » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:51 am

Before I tell you what I think of his skills, I want to say I'm not a fan of universe-based heroes.

Now, the skills--

- Orient is the same as Boush's Missiles (if you're not familiar: Tinker from DotA) except it has a 3 second pre-channel, correct?
- About Horoscope, why would ruining yourself be useful if there's no actual conditional synergy?
It doesn't have a cooldown, by the way. It's passive.
- Gravity could perhaps cripple? As it's purpose is to slow?
- Celestial Influence cripples everyone, just making gameplay 75% slower. It maims the enemies and the opposite happens to allies? What's the point? No damage dealt?

Dude, I have no idea how this is going to work. The game is based around conditions. You can't have a skill that slows, that's what "Cripple" is for. And as far as I know, conditions won't stack effect-wise.

VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:05 pm

oh yeah, cripple is a condition. Emery edited to reflect such.

VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:11 pm

this still looks weirrdddddd D:
HALP

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:04 pm

Review:
  • General Pros:
    - Incredibly Simple Cool
    - Wow, your last two skills are amazing. They'd be hyper fun together.
  • General Cons:
    - First skill's delay doesn't flow well with the rest of the hero's design
    - Invisibility interaction could use some more love
  • Final Thoughts:
    - You know, even for having such a blatantly retarded invisibility interaction, this hero's really cool. I can't give it lower than a B- with how sweet I think your last two skills are. Nicely done, Hito.
  • End Grade:
    B-
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Contest #2”