[D-] Telthun, the Eyes of the Faceless

Let's play a game. If you win, you might just get some representation in DoE!
pandamanana
Holder of the Alt-F4

[D-] Telthun, the Eyes of the Faceless

Post by pandamanana » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:17 am

Telthun
Eyes of the Faceless
Agility ; the Hallowed Order

We are the celestial arbitrary guardians of all planes of existence. We are the guiding force behind all living things. We are the eyes and ears of the universe. We are the Faceless.

Level 1 Skill:
Unity
  • "We are one!"
    While active, for X number of conditions that you are currently suffering from, allies within X radius of you gain +X health regeneration.
Level 1 Skill:
Disdain
  • "Our power is endless!."
    All allies within X radius of Telthun cause Blind and deal X% of Telthun's attack damage as bonus damage on their next attack. When cast Telthun is crippled.
Level 1 Skill:
Shroud
  • "The world is spread in front of us all, like a tome. The council is too foolish to see the pages, while we spread our knowledge across the planes.
    The targeted ally is invisible for X seconds and all enemies within X of it are ruined for X seconds.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Judgment
  • "We are ever watchful and we do not approve of your existence. Make your next action meaningful, for it shall be your last."
    While channeled, all enemies take X% of their maximum health as damage and if a unit is blinded, the X% is raised by Y.
Witty Taunts
  • - "There is no I in team"
    - "He did it! No, he did it!"
Note : This hero is a work-in-progress up until the deadline.
Last edited by pandamanana on Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Phox
Letter Linguist

Re: Telthun, the Eyes of the Faceless

Post by Phox » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:31 am

The main problem I see from a quick look is that the third skill is moderately useless. It's not useful except against a few of the bane heroes (Glasse and Atrius) who may not even be picked by the Bane players. You might want to take a look at that.

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:12 am

Am I blind, or there's no invisibility here?

Wufei
Champion Noobite

Post by Wufei » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:26 am

I don't get it. This hero has no damage skills, the skills take way too long to activate, and they carry penalties. This is a totally emo hero. What in heck could it even do that could benefit ANYONE on the battlefield? All you do is teleport guys to you, make them blind people, and then ruin those blinded people. Then there's this Truesight thing which makes no sense, because as andriejj pointed out, there is no invisibility. I see this hero as more of a unit, and even then only moderately useful. Definitely needs work.

P.S.: Thanks for giving me a hero idea, panda ^^

RadON
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by RadON » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:42 am

Talk about technical...
None of his skills directly deal damage, huh? His second skill will blind them, allowing more DPS from creeps. His ultimate will ruin them, allowing more DPS. If I'm correct... there is no way this hero can get in (at least not at this stage) because DoE is an extremely offensive game.

I'll try making my revised version of this hero. Considering you don't have invisibility in here... This is to give you ideas:

I try to imagine the first skill being used in a game situation, just not any real purpose. How about an individual damaged strike? --
After X seconds, all allied units (not heroes) within the targeted AoE are teleported to Telthun's current location, dealing X damage each. Telthun is then crippled for Y seconds. Extends blind conditions.

Disdain on the other hand I see potential for synergy.
All allies within X radius of Telthun cause Blind and X extra damage on their next attack.
That would be a useful pushing skill.

I'm not entirely sure of the third skill, I feel like it's there to fill up a space.
For every blinded unit in X range, Telthun is unbreakingly invisible and gives a buff that has a 25% chance of canceling conditions on you every Y seconds.
I guess that would have some synergy with first skill?

Now your ultimate. If they're going to be ruined, they better be ruined for a long time.
Why not deal some damage while your at it?

That's about all I can help you with.

Cold Phoenix
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Cold Phoenix » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:10 am

Yeah.. This guy is pretty much cast-buff cast-buff cast-buff and then the ultimate is some channeling thing..

A hero with all roar spells is even worse than one with all click-and-shoots tbh. Also you need invisibility
Your move.

pandamanana
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by pandamanana » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:11 pm

yeah. I need to apologize about this hero. I made it at like midnight... and I was kind of going crazy. I am still going crazy, but at least I have more time to beat this hero into shape. I realized I didn't have invisibility later that night, but was it was too late for me to change anything and I haven't been on my computer until today. Thank you all.

pandamanana
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by pandamanana » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:29 pm

Edited
I have changed the main Attribute from Intelligence to Agility, since Intelligence casters are just so overused.

RadON
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by RadON » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:27 pm

Now it's overcomplicated, you don't need that many percentages. - -

pandamanana
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by pandamanana » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:50 pm

I do understand that DoE is magnificent due to its simplicity, but I doubt that a few percentages instead of raw integers would stamp this hero as "over complicated". When I think over complicated, I think of AoM. Not of a few percentages. I would like to here the opinion of others before I consider changing these percentages (which are actually very different than simply having X damage).

Please do remember that one of the requirements of this contest is to have a technical hero. I do understand that technical doesn't mean over complicated with a bunch of random technical equations that end up doing the same thing as X damage.

Also, after further rereading of my own Hero Suggestion, I have discovered that there is only one percentage, and that is in my ultimate. (1 =/= many)

Cold Phoenix
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Cold Phoenix » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:38 pm

Still seems really boring.. Two roar spells and then a channel ultimate. The only spell that takes much thinking would be Shroud.

The blind bonus seems really forced on the ultimate, to make you hero even seem to be technical with himself. It really makes no sense, if you're blinded you lose more health, that just doesn't seem as logical as for example: "Knocks down all units for 1 second every 2 seconds, crippled units are knocked down an extra .5 seconds." <-- that makes sense at least. Having some explanation for the effects isn't necessary but it makes the hero more technical/appealing imo.
Your move.

pandamanana
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by pandamanana » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:30 pm

Two Roar spells? Do you mean spells like Battle Roar?
I would like to point out that skill 1 is a activate-able passive, skill 2 is a "roar" spell, spell 3 is a single target and the ultimate is channeled. These 4 skills are all different in how they are preformed.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:16 pm

Review:
  • General Pros:
  • General Cons:
    - Terrible invisibility application
    - First skill is useless at level 1
    - Not a fan of the second skill's dynamic
    - Ult says all enemies -- In what? A range? The world? Details are your friend.
  • Final Thoughts:
    - Man, what is this thing you've created. Think your heroes through, don't just tack things together as you feel like a jigsaw puzzle where you're forcing pieces into place. There's no cohesion, no real draw, no excitement, no craziness, no... Fun. You've a long way to go yet.
  • End Grade:
    D-
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Contest #2”