[F] Raziel, Hallowed Judge

Let's play a game. If you win, you might just get some representation in DoE!
polishgangsta
Holder of the Alt-F4

[F] Raziel, Hallowed Judge

Post by polishgangsta » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:11 am

Raziel
Hallowed Judge
INT; order.
Model: skinned ice revenant

Level 1 Skill:
Chernobog
  • Passive. Whenever X ally units are within a certain radius (1/2 his sight radius?), Raziel gains breakable invisibility with a 2-second fade time. Attacking an enemy to break invisibilty extends the maim condition of an enemy by Y seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Nemesis
  • Observe and Strike. When cast upon an enemy, Raziel will watch the target. At the end of the duration (10 sec?), Raziel will blink to the enemy and deal X damage and maim target for Y duration for every unit killed by target during Nemesis. Spell is canceled is Raziel is more than Z distance from target.

Note: If the icon is clicked again, the spell is canceled.
Level 1 Skill:
Baldr
  • Observe and Strike. When cast upon an enemy, Raziel will watch the target. At the end of a duration (10 sec?), Raziel will blink to the enemy and deal X mana damage for spell casted by target during Baldr. Additonally, the maim condition of the target is removed, ressurecting an allied creep (if any corpses are around) for every Y seconds removed. Spell is canceled is Raziel is more than Z distance from target.

Note: If the icon is clicked again, the spell is canceled.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Exile
  • Active. When cast upon a target, Raziel will strike the enemy, but do no damage. Instead, the two (Raziel and the target) will become invulnerable but "disabled". Raziel can end the exile prematurely, but otherwise, it lasts X seconds.
Skill explanation:

Chernobog- Basically lets Raziel walk around without fear of retaliation. The maim condition gives incentive for the occasional attack for the maim (the duration would be fairly large). I'm not sure if i would allow the initial cast of Nemesis and Baldr to break the invis, but it might be more balanced if it did.

Nemesis- The main source of damage for Raziel. The damage per killed unit would be quite high, so it would be an easy way to disable a crowd-clearing hero.

Baldr- Good for disabling a caster and rebuilding a push. Dragons/Crags would not be affected by this (if they even leave corpses).

Exile- Great for shutting down an enemy gank, escaping a gank, or even setting up one of your own. Could be used in conjunction with Baldr/Nemesis and Chernobog to surprise an enemy.
Last edited by polishgangsta on Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

BD423
Holder of the Alt-F4

Re: Raziel, Hallowed Judge

Post by BD423 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:53 pm

i dint take the time to read fully through this hero but he seems fairly complicated. took a look at the ult and that can realy mess up some ganks causing allies to use there nukes on a person who is invuln would be pretty bad.
I swear to drunk im not god.

polishgangsta
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by polishgangsta » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:41 am

i'm not sure, but i think the skills only seem complicated because i have to describe the mechanics of the skill fairly thouroughly. Yeah, the ult requires a non-retarded player/ good coordination. Vela is a bit like this (ie bone prison and transversal).

If the skills are really too complicated, i guess i could try to find a way to simplify them (or at least simplify the description).

RadON
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by RadON » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:53 am

No, BD is right. The second skill is what you call a multi part active. And that's what it is.
You could think of something so much more simple for the same outcome.

polishgangsta
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by polishgangsta » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:56 am

hmmm, well, i guess i'll see if i can simplify the skill a bit. Anyone have any comments on the idea of the hero, though?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:47 pm

Review:
  • General Pros:
  • General Cons:
    - Too complicated and contrived of a second skill (Icon switch? No thanks)
    - Third skill is identical to second but with mana, no dice
    - I can't honestly find a value in his ultimate other than to piss people off or pray for a gank
    - Boring ultimate
  • Final Thoughts:
    - Way too complicated, this isn't AotZ
    - Invisibility interaction kind of meh
    - needs more excitement, less click-shoot
  • End Grade:
    F
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Contest #2”