Dungeon Depths Challenge

This place was made by the Deathand, and the Deathand keeps it. Open to those who have no qualms about talking chances, or enjoy a good competition. Haven holds events for users to gain Operator Points for use of Favor, or a trick or two. Who knows...you might even get inducted into the Order of Secrets...
Black_Heart
Holder of the Alt-F4

Re: Dungeon Depths Challenge

Post by Black_Heart » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:46 am

Hate to double post, but... For the "Racism" challenge, Hito, do you mean kill 10 different types of monsters in a certain category, or just kill 10 monsters of any type(s) from that category? I'm guessing the former, but I wanted to check.
Image Image Image Image

VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:47 am

The later. I can't think of a single monster group where I've found ten different kinds. No, it's just to kill 10 in a group.

But I realize that's too low of a number, so I'll go ahead and make it 15. But yeah, just 15 from any monster group. Warriors who can set up breeding pits will have an easy time of it.

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:43 am

Hito, you forgot about me. I'm under Logue and above Black Heart in the previous thread.

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:32 am

Sry for double post, but I have a question. You didn't choose Angband because of graphics, because "Text-game ftw". Why is it Angband then, not some other rogue-like game?

And another question. Do you actually see the "SFX" of your spells? Projectiles? From other rogue games I remember, for example, seeing line damage spell (which were usually a line of coloured stars) for a second. Here I see nothing. Maybe it's my PC running it too fast? Any way to slow it down?

VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys

Post by VZhitogoroshi » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:08 am

Well, I seem to have noticed the "big four" when it comes to roguelikes - ADOM, Nethack, Dwarf Fortress, and Angband. I prefer Angband the most for these reasons-

ADOM - can't pick your stats. This is an enormous pain in the ass to me. I might get over this sometime, but...not now.

Nethack - booping hard. I think I might like it more if I wasn't so terrible at it.

Dwarf Fortress - It just seems to me like it's gotten too over-the-top to be a roguelike. I enjoy these games because there is no loading-screen bullshit, and Dwarf Fortress breaks that rule.

Return to “Haven”