Bug on Skelly boss

All assorted discussion regarding Obsidian Depths, options, heroes, and everything should go in here. If you can't think of a place to post something and it's relevant to OD, I recommend it be put here.
Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Bug on Skelly boss

Post by Deschain » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:18 am

Second boss, that annoying skeleton has a bug. We killed him in the nick of time (1 sec remaining) but his death animation took too long and he ressurected again :? Lets just say it wasn't a pleasant experience
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Bug on Skelly boss

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:29 am

It's (if anything) a timing issue on the cooldown of the ability. I am unsure if the X second cooldown starts at moment the unit dies or the moment the unit stands back up. If anyone can confirm either way, it would help me 'fix' this (If it's even a problem).
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:37 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:It's (if anything) a timing issue on the cooldown of the ability. I am unsure if the X second cooldown starts at moment the unit dies or the moment the unit stands back up. If anyone can confirm either way, it would help me 'fix' this (If it's even a problem).
I think I played with Sziller and 0rcish blood maybe they can confirm it.
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:06 pm

I am more concerned with confirmation of the cooldown question, not the timer question. Right now, the timer adjusts for the 2s delay between Ventor's death and his revival, which may or may not count towards the actual reincarnation cooldown. This would result in the timer being off by 2 seconds currently if it turns out to be true. (I am not at liberty to test it myself right now)
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:38 pm

I can confirm that killing Ventor in less than 1 second bugs the hero into infinite reincarnations. I have a replay where we killed him twice after the revive timer, and then killed him a third time when the timer was just about to hit 0 (about 11:30 into the replay). We actually paused and looked it up online to find this topic on the forum. We decided to wait for the timer to end again to see if it would reset the cooldown or something, but that ended up not working so we quit.

Here's the replay: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dyt5txtleg3

Return to “Updates and Discussion”