Suggestion & Questions

All suggestions pertaining to the map should go here. There is not really any room for hero suggestions in OD since it's based on a tight-knit hero encapsulation, but if you have ideas for items, modes, options, UI things, etc. you can post them in this forum.
Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Suggestion & Questions

Post by Deschain » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:16 am

Original name, no?

Ok about suggestion:
1. Could you (Dusk) somehow display the secondary stats in any way? I was thinking like one of those item amounts (number displayed in lower right corner saying how many stacks of items you have).

Question:
1. Why is the first boss such a melee hate? Only ranged and hunter can kill him without causing stomp.
2. Do bosses use mana to cast their spells? If I recall paladin has smite which burns mana away, right? Is there any point except dealing with creep that have mana?
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Suggestion & Questions

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:37 am

Deschain wrote:Could you (Dusk) somehow display the secondary stats in any way? I was thinking like one of those item amounts (number displayed in lower right corner saying how many stacks of items you have).
Display the secondary stats? Have you ever opened the multiboard? :p
Deschain wrote:Why is the first boss such a melee hate? Only ranged and hunter can kill him without causing stomp.
Because I am a spiteful individual with a real knack for rendering certain classes useless or significantly less useful against certain bosses. You can't viably expect every hero to be awesome all of the time. (Just wait until the boss where paladins won't be able to heal, that'll throw you all for a loop)
Deschain wrote:Do bosses use mana to cast their spells? If I recall paladin has smite which burns mana away, right? Is there any point except dealing with creep that have mana?
Yes, all bosses use a full mana pool of 100 to cast their ultimate skills. You will generally always recognize their ultimates because they are used infrequently and tend to kill damned near everyone. Smite eventually gets replaced, since burning mana is pretty lame against bosses and fails otherwise.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:40 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:
Deschain wrote:Could you (Dusk) somehow display the secondary stats in any way? I was thinking like one of those item amounts (number displayed in lower right corner saying how many stacks of items you have).
Display the secondary stats? Have you ever opened the multiboard? :p
Yeah but I just close it again :P
Rising_Dusk wrote:
Deschain wrote:Why is the first boss such a melee hate? Only ranged and hunter can kill him without causing stomp.
Because I am a spiteful individual with a real knack for rendering certain classes useless or significantly less useful against certain bosses. You can't viably expect every hero to be awesome all of the time. (Just wait until the boss where paladins won't be able to heal, that'll throw you all for a loop)
Diminished effectiveness yes, but having to stand in a distant corner so boss doesn't kill-stomp you kind of ruins it.
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:05 pm

Well, consider that the melee classes, while still inferior to the others against Ramm, do have more life than the other classes and therefore can take the hits from stomp and pulverize. They are certainly not useless in that regard, just you know, not as good.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:15 pm

I like how you left out how Ramm's ultimate.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Post by pandamanar » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:33 pm

In a lot of playtesting (which I know you have also done) I have found out that the only people who really need to fear Ramm is hunters who don't blind-kite or Berserkes who aren't properly buffed. If a proper Paladin (me) is healing/buffing a proper Berserker (I have yet to find one) Ramm doesn't need to move much at all. If the Paladin stays out of stomp range and heal/buffs a Berserker, while Hunters blink-kite and ranged dps does their stuff, hes a fairly easy bosses. Hes one of those Bosses where if someone fucks up JUST a little bit, the team is screwed, but if everyone does their part, he drops quickly and easily. A wonderful starting Boss to scare the noobs.
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c242dfce214c
Play League of Legends, get to level 10 and I get buffs.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:55 pm

I believe that any hero with range can tackle and kite Ramm and I also think that it's a VERY stupid idea for a melee hero to attack him. Hello proc'd stomp kk? I'm sure that's the last thing we all need.
pandamanar wrote:If the Paladin stays out of stomp range and heal/buffs a Berserker, while Hunters blink-kite and ranged dps does their stuff, hes a fairly easy boss
There's several things about this I do not like.
You can't stay out of stomp. It's freaking world wide. Hunters with blink-kiteorwhatevertermyouuse will die. He CAN be a fairly easy boss. But in most cases, he is challenging because not everybody is perfect like everyone's plan claim to be. Right now his mana regen was nerfed, so technically he did get "easier"
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:27 pm

I'm sure every boss is 'easy' if you play it right. Two things I find wrong with what you said. The stomp, as Loki had pointed out, has a global AoE, so there is no longer a 'stomp range' to stay out of. A note on that is the slightlest attack will trigger it, a single arrow perhaps? And, if your whole team is there, Ramm with his ult active, WILL punish you.
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:53 pm

SetaSoujirou wrote:I like how you left out how Ramm's ultimate.
Well, you can't be hit from across the map from his ult, he needs to get into relatively melee combat. He was talking about --
Deschain wrote:...but having to stand in a distant corner so boss doesn't kill-stomp you kind of ruins it.
But yes, otherwise, regardless of who you are or where you're standing, if his ult connects and keeps on you, you're toast. :p
SetaSoujirou wrote:I'm sure every boss is 'easy' if you play it right.
Then I clearly haven't made them hard enough yet!

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:09 pm

He said that he has a zerk up melee, so I assume that the ult will go off. And when he stomps, it's simple for him to get melee.
Rising_Dusk wrote:
SetaSoujirou wrote:I'm sure every boss is 'easy' if you play it right.
Then I clearly haven't made them hard enough yet!
I agree.
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:19 pm

SetaSoujirou wrote:A note on that is the slightlest attack will trigger it, a single arrow perhaps?
You might be correct but I'm sure the chances of it triggering is increased if melee heroes are over there thinking that they are Chuck Norris.
ImageImageImageImage

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:50 am

I were wondering... Will there be some multi-boss? I mean, a stage where you got several big guys to take care of, or a boss who's multiplying himself, etc. ? Or a swarm of insectoids! They come in waves! Then you fight their Queeeeeeen, who's spitting out MOAHR minions!!!

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:10 am

Yes, there is a 'boss' with multiple bosses. There already is, actually, and there will be another later on.

Cold Phoenix
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Cold Phoenix » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:07 am

You should make the last boss Voldemort.
Your move.

Loki
Gypsy

Post by Loki » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:54 am

The last boss is Voldemort >9000x. That's how epic he is.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Suggestions”