Smite Replacement

All suggestions pertaining to the map should go here. There is not really any room for hero suggestions in OD since it's based on a tight-knit hero encapsulation, but if you have ideas for items, modes, options, UI things, etc. you can post them in this forum.
Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Smite Replacement

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:39 am

I don't know how many people care to read this forum right now since it's only an alpha, but if you've played the map, I'm looking for some ideas for something. I want a skill to replace "Smite" on the Paladin (Don't know what it is? Play the map!) that makes moderate->good sense as an END-based skill. I was hoping for something protection-esque, since that would be awesome and fit END perfectly, but I want to avoid buffs. (Since buffs don't stack between players, and forcing only 1 player to be END-Pally is kind of lame) Also, if you wanted to be really awesome, implementing some form of AOE/channeling into the skill with a radiance-esque value would be wicked.

Thanks in advance!
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Re: Smite Replacement

Post by pandamanar » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:07 pm

Retaliation - While channeled, all enemies that attack an ally within X radius have X% of their damage returned and reduced.

- this would seriously save my ass on the 3rd boss :)
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c242dfce214c
Play League of Legends, get to level 10 and I get buffs.

Fledermaus
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Fledermaus » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:24 pm

AoE channeling that prevents people from dying? That sounds too much like an ult though and would be kinda weird with his revivng ult I guess. Meh

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:27 pm

Well Panda, the problem with that is that it does too much. Return and reduce? That's a big benefit, probably too big. If all it does is reduce, maybe, it could also be really cool if I made it stack between multiple paladins casting it at once.

I had considered something identical with the whole channeled damage reduce thing, but at this point I forget what my logic was for finding it iffy. Maybe the solution really is that simple, though.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:17 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:I don't know how many people care to read this forum right now since it's only an alpha, but if you've played the map, I'm looking for some ideas for something. I want a skill to replace "Smite" on the Paladin (Don't know what it is? Play the map!) that makes moderate->good sense as an END-based skill. I was hoping for something protection-esque, since that would be awesome and fit END perfectly, but I want to avoid buffs. (Since buffs don't stack between players, and forcing only 1 player to be END-Pally is kind of lame) Also, if you wanted to be really awesome, implementing some form of AOE/channeling into the skill with a radiance-esque value would be wicked.

Thanks in advance!
AoE Protection Dome(stackable armor/damage reduction)? You could implement Astelan's ulti also.
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:15 pm

I suggested that something like a target ally spell that would give you a Forger-esque spell. And it reduces damage and armor in the AoE.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:38 pm

Reductia
While channeled, reduces damage for every allies in AoE, but reduced damage will be given to the Paladin as damage unless it was the Paladin that takes damage.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:57 pm

Forcing him to stop channeling and healing himself is kind of counter-productive. Also, the pally is by no means a tank, so that doesn't really work out on a hero like him.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:11 am

It would also have to be relatively overpowered to justify taking damage for your allies.

Ninja_Kero
Noobite Warrior

Post by Ninja_Kero » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:39 am

Hmm, I suppose I could try and suggest a few things, I've thought of... ummm..

Well first of all, endurance is a survival skill, and with channeling I'd saaay a good old fashioned sanctuary spell wouldn't be bad, it shoves enemies in an aoe back away from caster. Perhaps a really simple thing like an aura based on endurance that increases the regeneration rate of mana for souls (though that'd mean a better ult is probably then required), or his own soul. Hmm... for a more offensive ability, perhaps a self sacrifice spell that converts his health into damage in the area as he channels? Oh, maybe something like a reverse of warlocks death spell, the enchanted unit grants some health and maybe armor or damage to surrounding units on dying?

PS: Dusk is awesome for making this map ^^
~"Sectum Sempra!" "What...are you doing?" "I'm cutting paper with magic!" "Put the pencil away"
"My wand will never leave this hand!" "If you don't leave my room I'm getting the sharpener"
"You've won this time, but I will be back!"

AnemicRoyalty
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by AnemicRoyalty » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:38 am

Ultramega OK
Restores the target ally's health to 100% and increases all attributes by X for Y seconds. After the effect wears off, the target's health and attributes return to the level they were previously.

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:06 am

AnemicRoyalty wrote:Ultramega OK
Restores the target ally's health to 100% and increases all attributes by X for Y seconds. After the effect wears off, the target's health and attributes return to the level they were previously.
If Dusk doesn't mind his spells to be cast in a chain, it's a good idea. But this spell doesn't bring anything new, nor is it situational. You already have a buff spell increasing survivability.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:19 am

Disruption
Drains all mana (and deals a percentage of that mana drained as damage) from every enemies in the area, and distributes them amongst his allies. Amount of damage done is based on Endurance.

iblablaman
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by iblablaman » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:55 am

In my opinion, a good old aura that gives armor based on Endurance
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageYes, an egg, just because I can

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:58 am

Auras are out, since they can't stack between pallies.

Return to “Suggestions”