Item and Tweaks Suggestion Discussion... Thing

All suggestions pertaining to the map should go here. There is not really any room for hero suggestions in OD since it's based on a tight-knit hero encapsulation, but if you have ideas for items, modes, options, UI things, etc. you can post them in this forum.
TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Item and Tweaks Suggestion Discussion... Thing

Post by TheDeathstalker » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:42 pm

Rectifier wrote:Would a damage per second meter and healing per second meter be possible after each fight? While adding no major aspect to the gameplay itself, it does add more competition between players.
But... it's a team game, competition is a bad thing.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:21 pm

The reality is that there is a stark disparity in terms of DPS and other stats between classes. Saying "I dealt more damage than the rest of my team" really doesn't mean anything when you wouldn't have had the opportunity to do so without the Sorc's CC or the Pallies keeping you alive.

I respect the team as a whole, not the players. The best reward I can give a strong team in the entire game is to allow them to progress to the next level. That's what really counts.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:03 am

Rising_Dusk wrote:The reality is that there is a stark disparity in terms of DPS and other stats between classes. Saying "I dealt more damage than the rest of my team" really doesn't mean anything when you wouldn't have had the opportunity to do so without the Sorc's CC or the Pallies keeping you alive.

I respect the team as a whole, not the players. The best reward I can give a strong team in the entire game is to allow them to progress to the next level. That's what really counts.
Then how about a team dps and healing per second meter? Then they can either encourage or demean each other to improve their strategies when dealing with the levels. I'm just saying this because I'm curious as to how much dps or healing per second it would take to beat down each boss in the pursuit of earning a higher speed kill reward.

Return to “Suggestions”