Yarin: Lakeside Express

Dive into the world of Karud and explore Pokémon like you've (maybe) never seen them before! This RP is currently headed by our resident hitogoroshi with assistance from the typical Kaome and Rising_Dusk.
User avatar
VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Yarin: Lakeside Express

Postby VZhitogoroshi » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:55 pm

An energetic snarl of a smile crossed Tomas's face - who else but Tomas could sport these emotions on the same face? He gestured to Lawerence. "Thanks for the warning. Come down here."

Again, he switches his pokemon with practiced ease. It's clear this is something he's done many times before. The sandslash disappears to be replaced by - no one has time to see before it makes it's way underground. In moments, the opening to the tunnel is again filled with dirt. "Moi. Jane. Steven. Go to Lake Yarin the normal way - it seems underground isn't as safe as we thought. Be prepared for conflict immediately."

A Dugtrio pops out of the ground. "He'll have to come out at LR-NJ. All gates unlocked, so if he makes it there he's free."

Tomas nodded. "This is Alec, my Dugtrio, and the only man or mon in the world I trust to dig my grave right. Now, to translate his tunnel speak - if we want to learn about whoever's down there, we have to head them off while they're still in the tunnel we've made. Sophia, Lawerence - you have anything that can fight underground?" He steps onto his Dugtrio's head, with no contention on the part of the latter. "Don't worry about being GOOD. I'm the best underground. I just need someone to make sure they don't have fifty guys at my back."

User avatar
VZBushkiller20
The Kan Codifier
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:22 am

Re: Yarin: Lakeside Express

Postby VZBushkiller20 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:22 pm

Skywings snapped at Tomas. Lawrence quickly smoothed his feathers. "Easy bird, he's a tunneler. He doesn't understand how you feel. Just do as he asks and land." Skywings merely squawks in acceptance and begins to dive towards the ground. "I SAID EASY! God damn it Sky...listen to me once in a while." Skywings chirps in laughter and begins to level near the earth. Once landed, Lawrence recalled the Staraptor.

"Sorry for the lack of show there, sir. And as to underground, it depends on the size of these tunnels. If they are big enough for a Tropius, than yes. If not, will an arbok do?"
Image

Image Image ImageImageImage

Lawrence-Ember-Mirage-Skywings-Jasmine

vesuvan
Revenent of the Replies
Posts: 337
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:29 pm

Re: Yarin: Lakeside Express

Postby vesuvan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:27 pm

The poisons billowed through the tunnels and out of the hole into a fine mist. The clouds still reflected the beam of light from above, absent of rustling shadows. The gases crept towards Jud's edge of the cave, irritating his eyes slightly. He shambled back even further from the hole and wrenched his head around the sights and options the tunnel offered.

The smog at the epicenter was still to strong for any pokemon to enter the hole without being weakened if it didn't have a resistance to it, but the gas was clearing fast. Slag bent forward and stood low, twisting his torso to bring his fist behind him. His fist smoldered with a bright light. "We don't have much longer slag. When the fog clears nothing is going to hold them back". The smog smeared itself across the air, thinning slowly.

"We can't fight them all off, but don't let them try to follow my trail unscathed".
͎̟͕͎̯̺͎̟͕͎̯̺ĩ̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠
̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠

User avatar
VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Yarin: Lakeside Express

Postby VZhitogoroshi » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:33 am

Tomas shook his head. If there was someone running around the tunnels in this area, so close to this disaster, they probably knew something worth knowing. It'd be better to have the maneuverability of being alone rather than someone to watch his back. After all, it was a simple fact that Tomas was easily one of the best underground fighters in the world, and this was a tunnel he had dug.

"Change of plans. Sophia and Lawerence, you join the other three. I'm going to do this on my own."

He dove down into the tunnel. "Hey, you - stop or I'll have to stop you."

((Everyone but Vesu - post in the "Lakeside Research" thread))

vesuvan
Revenent of the Replies
Posts: 337
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:29 pm

Re: Yarin: Lakeside Express

Postby vesuvan » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:58 pm

If you hunt like a dog, you are going to die like one. This loner either has something to prove, or they just want to see if I'm a threat at all.

"Hit 'em high!". Slag drew his fist and shot it into the air, tracing the path of a burning trebuche volley at night. For a brief second, Slag's fist flashed bright enough for the disembodied strike to have a visible attacker, and for Jud to see the face of his foe.
͎̟͕͎̯̺͎̟͕͎̯̺ĩ̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠
̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠

User avatar
VZhitogoroshi
Keeper of the Keys
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Yarin: Lakeside Express

Postby VZhitogoroshi » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:06 pm

Being face to face with fire wasn't quite what Tomas was expecting. Fortunately, he had a plan for these situations. While Alec continued digging downward for safety, Tomas sent out a second pokemon. Normally there were focus issues in these situations, but Tomas had, for this very reason, selected a mentally deficient Geodude to fill this particular role. It had almost no mind to speak of, but it instinctively curled up, shielding itself (and by extension Tomas, who was holding it in his hands) from the flames.

"Hey!" Tomas yelled. "Do you really want to go against the ADS?" There is a bit of fear in his voice, not so much about what this person would do to him but what he himself might have to do. While it would be easy enough to trap this person in a sand tomb and leave them to die, any extended conflict could put Alec in serious danger, and it would be a terrible loss to be deprived of the most skilled digging pokemon in Karud. "There's no need for us to fight, man. Just let me know what you're doing here."

vesuvan
Revenent of the Replies
Posts: 337
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:29 pm

Re: Yarin: Lakeside Express

Postby vesuvan » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:11 pm

This isn't some punk, he's been here before. I'll never be able to lose him going through these tunnels.

Slag made contact with the cold, hard resolve of a rock type. This kind of recoil would shatter the fist of many a pokemon that wasn't a fighting type, but not slag. He roiled himself to dissipate the energy, leaving nothing but a few specs of glass on the Geodude's untarnished hide and a soft scuff on the tunnel floor right before Thomas.

That's right Slag, just like we trained.

Cross chop.


Slag Incised the side of his hand into the rock-type, sounding a sharp whipping tone that slipped into a shrill meeting of stone against focused flesh. Slag stepped back, awaiting a response to his handiwork, if his foe could so muster, flaring brightly to keep a good eye on what they might do next.

"Hey!" Tomas yelled. "Do you really want to go against the ADS?"

Suddenly it was all clear, the attack, the lone trainer who would descend before his fellowship that had no business fighting underground, and the relatively civil first attempt at apprehending him. Jud withdrew his magmar deliberately, not trying to spark any additional attacks, and brought forth his umbreon, Tide.

The light of the tunnel had been snuffed out, even the rays coming though the upper hole. Even the dull yellow glow of Tide's rings was suppressed to bring both combatants into darkness. Somehow mentioning the ADS meant this person could be trusted even less in Jud's eye, but that's no reason to turn down an opportunity.

"Who.. are you?"
͎̟͕͎̯̺͎̟͕͎̯̺ĩ̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠
̵̢͉̺̹͖͔̻̣̟̙ͦ̋̍ͤ̈́ͫ̓͐͐̅͊͒ͪͬͧͅn̢̮͈̪̤̳̏ͥ̐̍̌͊͜͟͠


Return to “Pokémon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests