[C-] Caliga Err, Council Member: Blade

Let's play a game. If you win, you might just get some representation in DoE!
Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

[C-] Caliga Err, Council Member: Blade

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:40 am

Shoes
Member of the Sharp Knives Club
Strength; Bane of Eternity

Story; I come from the void, I kill stuff be they ally or enemy, just gtfo before I tombreave your ass.

Level 1 Skill: - Activated Passive
Voidwalk
  • While active, Caliga's mana is drained and gains X% increased move speed. He also receives 66% physical damage and 166% magickal damage. Changes Caliga's damage to magickal while active and magickal damage from enemies is made physical if they are suffering from a condition.
Level 1 Skill: - Aura
Haunting Presence
  • Whenever a condition ends on a target, a ghost is conjured that lasts for X% of the duration of the ending condition. Ghosts chase the target and deal Y Magickal DPS.
Level 1 Skill: - Target
Into Oblivion
  • Caliga jumps toward the target, attacking X foes in between him and the target. All affected foes are ruined for Y seconds and the target is muted for a second per affected unit.
Level 6 Ultimate: - Activated Passive
Tombreaver
  • While active, Caliga is ruined and deals X more attacks to the target. Also causes Caliga's magickal damage to cause attacked units to suffer his conditions for Y% of their original duration.
Last edited by Intoxicated Crayon on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Caliga Err, Council Member: Blade

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:27 pm

Old Hero

Shoes
Member of the Sharp Knives Club
Strength; Bane of Eternity

Story; I come from the void, I kill stuff be they ally or enemy, just gtfo before I tombreave your ass.

Level 1 Skill: - Activated Passive
Voidwalk
  • While active Caliga gains X speed(Lasts for 8-ish seconds.) each time he travels 300 distance. While active, he also gains Magickal damage instead of physical and loses Y mana upon attack (Gain mana if suffering from a condition). [And the 66% physical damage, 166% magickal damage thing too, dunno if I really want that, probably don't want it.]
Level 1 Skill: - Active Target
Haunt
  • Summons a ghost that moves to the target dealing X Magickal DPS. If Caliga is suffering from any conditions, the target also suffers them for their original duration. If the unit is already suffering from a condition, all nearby foes also suffer those conditions until it is no longer haunted.

(The ghost lasts for a set duration. If the unit dies before the duration ends, the ghost haunts the closest conditioned unit. If no conditioned unit is nearby, it just goes for any normal unit.
Level 1 Skill: - Target
Oblivion Seal
  • Mutes and ruins the target for X seconds and all magickal attacks the unit suffers extends all conditions it is suffering from by Y%. If the target exits ### range of Caliga, the conditions immediately end.
Level 6 Ultimate: - Activated Passive
Tombreaver
  • While active, Caliga is ruined and deals X more attacks to the target.
blarg. My original idea was to embrace this whole theme with an innate and stuff. It would make his innate something related with ethereal stuff and it was pretty interesting but was too technical to be Caliga. Instead, I changed his skills functions slightly. Voidwalk doesn't give a solid movement bonus, you accelerate instead. This is so you can pick up speed, ofc, there will be a max. Don't want people speeding away and it lasts 6-8 seconds, can't gain like, 200-300 ms in that time... or can you?

I changed around the skills to have more condition interaction. Although he may not create a lot of conditions besides the ruin and mute, can do some pretty cool stuff with other heroes. O Seal and Exuro would be amazing imba stuff, total rape xP. So, you'd be scared of Caliga for another reason besides near invulnerability and absolutely imbawtf power.

I made Tombreaver ruin him. I hate that, beginners and those who've never played Caliga... Leave tombreaver active at low health, essentially committing suicide. The ruin just says that, SHIT! That HURTS! Works with voidwalk but then magickal damage heroes will destroy him! It's up to the player to decide which is more valuable to them. This makes combat more costly for Caliga. This way, he gains a ton of damage by sacrificing his defenses, not losing a great deal of hp passively.

mhm, I hope you all like it and stuff, look forward to other suggestions since I doubt mine will achieve GR8 JUSTIC3.

~ Don't ban me for the title and name in the actual thread xD.
Updating the Hero. And Stuff.
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Caliga Err, Council Member: Blade

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon May 17, 2010 12:44 pm

Review:
  • Skills:
    - Not a huge fan of the crazy mechanics on Voidwalk now. Changing the opponent's damage type based on whether they were suffering a condition is a bit too intense a mechanic for Caliga; it's also not that intuitive. Most people wouldn't realize why their casters are dealing less damage to him until it was too late - and that's not particularly their fault either.
    - Interesting take on Haunt, though I dislike how it doesn't require any activity to perform. You just stay nearby them and yeah. I'd like it more if it required Caliga to do something or if Caliga had some level of control over those voidwalkers.
    - Not digging "Caliga jumps toward the opponent" on the third skill. Too much direct teleport functionality there; I'd much prefer Caliga having either a controlled teleport, if any, or just running everywhere.
    - Also, transferring conditions with Tombreaver is a bit much. I don't want it to be a single target rape version of Dag's ult.
  • Feel:
    - Generally OK, although there's a lot of chaotic "Hey this could be cool" stuff going on, that when slapped together really aren't that cool. I feel like you could've focused the playstyle a lot more, gotten rid of the blink, clean up the mechanics here and there, and maybe it would've been better. I'm not sure, though, because I feel like this rendition of Caliga is actually a lot less active than any other Caliga I've read so far. (Including the one currently in the map)
  • End Grade:
    C-
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Contest #4”